Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-10-19, 06:02AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8505
  • Latest: Foysi
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61663
  • Total Topics: 1083
  • Online Today: 135
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 48
Total: 52

Author Topic: Discount not working  (Read 8537 times)

Jasper5

Re: Discount not working
« Reply #25 on: 26-03-19, 10:04AM »
Hi jester21, I did claim back at the desk the first time I experienced a problem but now I have just been saving my receipts up. If it turns out my calculations are wrong and I have reached the limit, then I don’t want to have claimed something I’m not entitled to. I’m waiting on an actual answer to determine whether or not I can claim it back. It is just extremely tedious that it is all taking so long to sort something which should be straightforward!

jester21

« Reply #26 on: 26-03-19, 11:25AM »
Hiya Jasper5 also have you tried your discount on tesco online i have tried it this morning and it did take my discount off, i am working tonite so i will see if it does at the tills, yeh like you say something straightforward!

Eadie123

« Reply #27 on: 23-05-19, 11:45AM »
Can I ask if any members here have a clubcard for life that is not working? My partner worked for Tesco for 30+ years which entitled him to the staff discount for life but it hasnt worked for over 6 months and Tesco just dont want to know saying its a techical problem and they are working on it. Funnily enough I was made redundant on May 10th and my staff discount card was magically switched off within the week. Seems the technical team can quite easily switch cards off but struggle to turn them on!!

Eadie123

« Reply #28 on: 23-09-19, 06:18PM »
Can I ask if any members here have a clubcard for life that is not working? My partner worked for Tesco for 30+ years which entitled him to the staff discount for life but it hasnt worked for over 6 months and Tesco just dont want to know saying its a techical problem and they are working on it. Funnily enough I was made redundant on May 10th and my staff discount card was magically switched off within the week. Seems the technical team can quite easily switch cards off but struggle to turn them on!!

Help needed !!!

I posted this question a few months ago after having major problems with my partners staff discount working intermittently for over 6 months.  After being told to go to csd to get the discount etc  today we got a completely new explanation as to why it is not working. I would like to ask the very little helps members for help as I am not sure that what I am being told is correct.

My partner worked for Tesco for over 30 years and left the business last year after taking his pension. We understood that as he was a long serving member of staff this would mean he would keep the staff discount for life. However today we have been told that the area personnel has informed the store thatbecause he left the business of his own accord the staff discount for life does not apply......is this correct? I’m so unhappy at this I feel like cutting the darn thing in half and posting it to head office and never shopping there again....which I probably will do.. but I would like to know if this is correct information . Any advice on this would be very much appreciated

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #29 on: 23-09-19, 06:29PM »
Discount for life is if you give (I believe) 25 years service and retire (not leave the company) or if you get made redundant it will be your length of service + age >= 75 fpr it to apply.

Eadie123

« Reply #30 on: 23-09-19, 06:48PM »
Thank you NightAndDay for that info  :) Oh well, that’s me off to Aldi then :D

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #31 on: 23-09-19, 07:20PM »
If you leave Tesco UK through redundancy, retirement or TUPE and you have 30 years’ continuous service, or a minimum of 5 years’ continuous service and your age plus service is 80 years or more, then you are eligible to keep your Colleague Clubcard for Life. If you resign, are dismissed or leave Tesco UK or Tesco Bank for any other reason you are not eligible for a Colleague Clubcard for Life.

The Tesco Executive Committee may approve an exception to this policy if a colleague falls within 364 days or less of the eligibility criteria.

Colleague Clubcard for Life holders are not eligible for a second card. If you have previously ordered a second card, this will automatically be cancelled within a week of your final day.

The card for life will be automatically issued in the name of the person on your primary card.

thecleaningwoman

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #32 on: 23-09-19, 09:20PM »
HI what is Tupe please and if my total of age and working for Tesco adds to 80 years I thought the card was for life  doesn't matter why you leave , What happens if i am sick and have to leave please

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #33 on: 23-09-19, 10:15PM »
On the home page of this site, in the column on the right hand side, there is a guide to TUPE.

Your correct that length of service and age is 80 or over, to retain your discount card, unless you're dismissed.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #34 on: 23-09-19, 11:06PM »
HI what is Tupe please and if my total of age and working for Tesco adds to 80 years I thought the card was for life  doesn't matter why you leave , What happens if i am sick and have to leave please

TUPE is the acronym for transfer of undertakings, in short, your contract with your current employer will be transferred as is to another employer, if you get TUPE'd from Tesco to xyz, Tesco is no longer your employer, xyz is.

thecleaningwoman

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #35 on: 24-09-19, 09:28AM »
Thank you lucgeo and  NightAndDay.  :)
« Last Edit: 24-09-19, 10:18AM by Nomad »

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #36 on: 24-09-19, 02:46PM »
You only get to keep your discount if the age and service add up but then also you need to be made redundant or retire. If you just leave to take another job for example you don't keep it. If it's ill health and you take ill health early retirement you are covered.
TUPE is what happened to photo lab, then canteen colleagues and probably a few others too. You are taken over and moved to another company, a whole different ball game.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 25-09-19, 08:58AM »
Sorry Redshoes, I always seem to appear to be nitpicking your comments, that is not the case, just that I often differ in opinion to you.

Anyone reaching the 80year milestone, would most likely be retiring, and for the few who were leaving to take up alternative employment, I would advise they announce they have decided to retire, due to not being able to hack it anymore! I seem to recall, however, there is a minimum length of service required ?8? years to retain the card.

The raising of the state retirement age, has shown a lot of contradictions in who is now retired or not? I know several colleagues in their early sixties,  receiving official retirement packs from Tesco. I have a bus pass at 60, which I use to go and sign on at the job centre. Some venues give exemptions at 60, others 66 ???

Can I also just take this opportunity to remind colleagues...anyone due to retire within the next 8 months or more, inform your manager of your intent, to advise the pensions department, and arrange with you, to drop a fifth of your working hours, for the remaining 6 months which will be paid. However, if you strongly believe you may be made redundant before you retire, then don't inform them of your intent, as you cannot retract your retirement notification, in order to receive the redundancy payout.
« Last Edit: 25-09-19, 09:06AM by lucgeo »

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #38 on: 25-09-19, 09:21AM »
I took policy direct from site, you can differ from me if you like but it's stated as online.

I qualify to keep the discount card from my age plus length of service but if I left for another job I would not keep it. 

If I retired early or was made redundant I would keep it.

If I left now I would need to still work, I can't afford to retire early so I will not be doing so.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #39 on: 25-09-19, 11:55AM »
With hindsight, I agree in what you're saying, as if you've been employed from a young age, you will meet the 80 yr time served, in you're early 50's, with 12 plus more years till state pension.
 I must stop assuming everyone reaching the 80 yr milestone is near retirement age. I apologise unreservedly to you  :(