Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-12-19, 02:33AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8672
  • Latest: Keeoe
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62916
  • Total Topics: 1108
  • Online Today: 350
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 86
Total: 88

Author Topic: RHRP  (Read 6813 times)

Halftone84

• VLH Supporter
Re: RHRP
« Reply #25 on: 15-08-19, 09:20PM »
So, walked in tonight and at 18:01 was given a letter by the shift leader about a meeting Saturday 10am.

Letter is dated 9th August, so I've wrote on it, received 15th August at 18:00. I also have two witnesses to say they saw it handed to me at that time.  I assume the 30 day consultation starts when I get that letter, not by the date on it ?

Obviously first thing I did was ring the union office, which closes at 6pm.  I'll be ringing them again tomorrow, but another woman has been trying, and struggling to get a rep for Saturday at 11am.
« Last Edit: 15-08-19, 09:24PM by Halftone84 »

chris9997

• Know All
« Reply #26 on: 16-08-19, 11:11AM »
It was on a Team 5, recently, that policy is now to phone in every day for absence.
If you haven't signed as seeing the Team 5 or any other training / notification, I don't see that they can claim you knew about this.
i don’t see this on any team 5 recently and had a look at the latest sick policy and it states you need to keep in touch with your store/depot/office does not say how often so the info on your team 5 was added at your location not a head office instruction.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #27 on: 16-08-19, 12:14PM »
@Halftone84

Do not allow the consultation to commence if you do not have a rep... Cite the lateness in receiving the pre dated letter as giving unreasonable amount of time to secure representation. Insist on an adjournment. What did USDAW advise.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Walker

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 16-08-19, 02:40PM »
Not seeing anything there to state a colleague needs to ring in every day whilst off??

The full policy available on Ourtesco suggests that it depends on agreement between you and your manager but weekly contact would be typical for short term absence.

Walker

• Know All
« Reply #29 on: 16-08-19, 02:41PM »
My understanding is consultation begins at the first informal meeting.

Harpy0001

« Reply #30 on: 16-08-19, 02:59PM »
The consultation starts in a written dated letter stating that it is the start of the consultation.  This can also be done by a form. This is normally done by letter.

Halftone84

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #31 on: 16-08-19, 05:27PM »
@Halftone84

Do not allow the consultation to commence if you do not have a rep... Cite the lateness in receiving the pre dated letter as giving unreasonable amount of time to secure representation. Insist on an adjournment. What did USDAW advise.

Spoke to a rep that's helped me in the past who told me being given the letter at 6pm was rediculous, and that she doesn't work weekends, and to phone and rearrange the meeting. So it's now Monday, when the rep can come over to see me.

Harpy, I'd assume I need to be given this letter stating the 30 day consultation has started ?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 16-08-19, 06:01PM »
I'm assuming you have informed the manager that the meeting is postponed and rearranged the meeting for Monday?

You should have been made aware, at the initial informal meeting, of the consultation period, the procedures, and implications if no agreement or compromise is found, should either be necessary in your situation.

Anomalies

« Reply #33 on: 16-08-19, 09:00PM »
This may help you understand the process that should be followed.

Tallen

« Reply #34 on: 17-08-19, 08:31AM »
The policy is that you need to phone in to inform them that you are returning to work.  You do not have to phone every day, even if they do put it in the team 5.... how long were you off for?  .... I would call your personnel manager for clarification as they are there for you too and not just managers.

Anomalies

« Reply #35 on: 17-08-19, 09:08AM »
 :thumbup:
The policy is that you need to phone in to inform them that you are returning to work.  You do not have to phone every day, even if they do put it in the team 5.... how long were you off for?  .... I would call your personnel manager for clarification as they are there for you too and not just managers.

That was unfortunately the old policy, although daily is a bit over the top it would depend on the situation as other people have said. So a daily update if it's a short term illness on your working shifts could be requested. They are also now ok to call you while you are off to see how you are and support you.

The policy now is,

"Do I need to keep in contact if I'm off?

Yes, you need to keep in contact with us whilst you’re away from work. We want to look after your health and wellbeing; therefore it’s important for us to keep in contact with you to understand your condition, the impact it has on you at work and any potential support we can offer you.

We also have a legal duty to consider and make any reasonable adjustments, if you have an underlying health condition which is a potential disability; therefore we need to have regular conversations to understand this and whether you may be covered by the Equality Act."

The full and most recent policy is always available on ourteco.com just search sickness to find it. I would attach it but the file is to large for this forum.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #36 on: 17-08-19, 09:32AM »
This may help...

Moving People Around The Business
Usdaw Guide Section 1.1

Before entering into the consultation period the relevant manager must first establish a legitimate business case for the change. It is important to note that it is not simply enough for a manager to say there is business need, they must be able to demonstrate a legitimate business case for the proposed changes and clearly show that other options have been considered before the proposal to change hours has been put forward for discussion.

If the proposed changes are in relation to moving hours, then the business case must be established using the Right Hours Right Place report. This report allows managers to identify where hours are needed in store. This will depend on a variety of different factors and will be different for each store.

It is important to remember that Reps are entitled to see the business case. If the Company are unable to demonstrate a legitimate business case for the proposed change, then an individual may reasonably refuse to accept the change.

N*B*....For example, moving hours in order to accommodate the needs of other employees would not be considered a legitimate business case. Staff should not be disadvantaged nor have their department/hours moved in order to accommodate other employees who wish to move....

Another example may be where there is a significant reduction in trade on a particular department where they can no longer support the current hours; in these circumstances the Company should be able to demonstrate a legitimate business case.

The Company should also ensure that there is a permanent need to change, and not just to accommodate fluctuations in market conditions as a result of, for example, promotions. Temporary changes like this should normally be staffed using other measures, such as overtime or staff who are already on flexi contracts.

Only after the Company have established the business case and all options have been explored should the manager consider starting the consultation period. These options could include looking at:

labour turnover
known leavers
future refurbishment plans
further business initiatives
« Last Edit: 17-08-19, 09:36AM by lucgeo »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 17-08-19, 10:24AM »
Also, are the two leavers to be replaced? Have the positions been advertised for the full amount of hours or part of?? If so, then it is not a RHRP situation.

Halftone84

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #38 on: 17-08-19, 11:14AM »
Thanks for that, oil mention it to the rep Monday.

My manager has agreed to postpone the meeting until Monday.

We were told the two leavers were not being replaced, and we were getting a 4th team leader instead.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #39 on: 17-08-19, 12:05PM »
Hmmm....then I'd question if it really is a RHRP situation, as it would seem to be that people are being moved to accommodate the proposed hours of, as yet to be confirmed, new position and colleague, or if the position has in fact been filled, and contract hours agreed.