Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-08-19, 12:19AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59783
  • Total Topics: 1061
  • Online Today: 156
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Shift Leaders - HELP another one out...  (Read 7215 times)

NightAndDay

• Know All
Re: Shift Leaders - HELP another one out...
« Reply #25 on: 12-08-19, 11:46AM »
Paid breaks happen in stores which are run properly, if you're not being paid properly, that's a sign of your SM fiddling the numbers to get a green or blue on costs measure.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #26 on: 12-08-19, 05:14PM »
Hello, i will keep you updated on my progress. I'm having a chat with SM today about my issues with pay & your comments will be great to question him on. I think they need to up our contract to 40hours with an entitlement of 1 hour break each day if they expect us to work 45 hours per week.

Me & SM get along fine but just don't like this pay system we have and how so many TL are getting shafted. I've spoken to a few TL from others store and they are having issues getting sunday premium rates. Also paid breaks are non existing, so like you guys said before its not just my store with issues. 

Thank you for all the feedback  :thumbup:

You should look at the post on stock control thread, that's been put on today about a Tesco employee winning her case for unfair dismissal. She took the mighty Tesco on and won...because once again they've been caught out not following their own procedures  :-X
« Last Edit: 12-08-19, 05:16PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Anomalies

« Reply #27 on: 12-08-19, 06:49PM »
Hello, i will keep you updated on my progress. I'm having a chat with SM today about my issues with pay & your comments will be great to question him on. I think they need to up our contract to 40hours with an entitlement of 1 hour break each day if they expect us to work 45 hours per week.

Me & SM get along fine but just don't like this pay system we have and how so many TL are getting shafted. I've spoken to a few TL from others store and they are having issues getting sunday premium rates. Also paid breaks are non existing, so like you guys said before its not just my store with issues. 

The company will only contract a maximum of 36.5 hours and no more, I went through this many years ago with the same issue with old team leaders due to the same short day and break issues. They came back that 36.5 is the maximum contract available and anything above this would be refused and must be paid as overtime.

specialgravy

« Reply #28 on: 13-08-19, 10:24PM »
was always a battle to get paid properly in the express i was in, first aid payments, premiums, ot you name it! eventually got sick of being taken advantage of and left 6 months ago. no get a decent wage and regular hours. remember what weekends feel like? they feel better when you arent at tosco =)

Teddybonkers

« Reply #29 on: 13-08-19, 11:13PM »

Me & SM get along fine but just don't like this pay system we have and how so many TL are getting shafted. I've spoken to a few TL from others store and they are having issues getting Sunday premium rates. Also paid breaks are non existing, so like you guys said before its not just my store with issues. 

"Me & SM get along fine" - well that's all about to change then!
« Last Edit: 13-08-19, 11:14PM by Teddybonkers »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 14-08-19, 07:14AM »
Yep definitely  8-) the SM won't be your bestie anymore....and guess what, you probably have always got on fine, because you have been played. "Yea mate, sorry mate, doing what I can, I'm trying to sort it"...Mate?? My arse!!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Teddybonkers

« Reply #31 on: 14-08-19, 10:54PM »
@Lucgeo :thumbup:

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #32 on: 15-08-19, 08:13AM »
*I think I have told you lot this before......

Anyway... I worked with a guy who was full time, I also was full time but on nights and rarely saw him we both started at tesco on the same day decades ago and were on the standard 36.5 hour contract. 16 months down the line I manage to get myself off nights and onto days where I started seeing this chap who was working grocery/backdoor one saturday at 2.30 i says to him 'right i'm off its my early day see you next week mate'

Thinking nothing of it I walked away only for him to shout after me 'what do you mean your early day?'

So in my tactful way I said my early day you bellend what do you think I mean, like you get to leave an hour early 1 day a week because 5 days of 7.5 hour shifts is 37.5 hours and i'm not working for free.

He then says I thought that was just for night workers...

Well massive conversation ensues the upshot being that for the last 16 months he had been working 37.5 hours per week and no one not a single manager (and he had had a few) had either mentioned it to him or asked him why they just signed the exceptions week in week out denying him the pay and *chuckled that he was doing it....

I told him to get the back pay he was entitled to but he didnt want to rock the boat as he harboured delusions of going on options at that point, what he did do was go to his manager and tell them he now knew of the early day and would be taking it from now on. They just said yea ok and nothing more was ever mentioned about it except by me who trolled him for years......

Moral of the story..Management will allow you to do whatever you want if you are doing it for free.

Hotdog1

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #33 on: 18-08-19, 08:37AM »
I hope you get the answers you want and deserve- ive been battling for a year about confusing payslips.. No one can explain how they work it out- and if they do  I ask therm to write it down and they write either like a doctor or so dam small that no one can see it , and then tell me they haven't got time to go through it !!
 This month is going to be the first month where there is no holiday pay, no sickness,  nothing-- just a straight basic month -- this is going to be interesting !!

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #34 on: 20-08-19, 10:43PM »
Looking forward to Friday and seeing if I've been paid correctly for the two final weeks I did in my last store as well as some breaks I didn't get to take, being left one on one  ???