Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
08-12-19, 06:10AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62781
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 109
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 101
Total: 102

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.  (Read 253011 times)

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
Re: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.
« Reply #1250 on: 18-10-19, 01:45AM »
Easy remedy if they earn that much just work slower .

Long gone

« Reply #1251 on: 18-10-19, 10:05AM »
Agree, 99% of these agency workers have no clue what they are doing and managers will just pile more and more work on you but think you have it easy as agency workers are “helping you”
Work slow and if they tell you to speed up just start spouting off about health and safety

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1252 on: 18-10-19, 11:39AM »
I wonder if this is how woolworths went down workers being slow on purpose not being flexible for shifts and constantly complaining about how much more the work they do is worth than they are paid.

taliahad

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1253 on: 18-10-19, 12:59PM »
No Madness, I don't think so, the last few years of Woolworth's life they sold complete rubbish.  Their chad valley toys were great but the last time I went in a Woolworth store all I saw was gawdy pink, plastic rubbish.  Pink stereos, pink tool kits, sickly pink everything, sold in cheap plastic packaging. 

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1254 on: 18-10-19, 01:26PM »
I wonder if this is how woolworths went down workers being slow on purpose not being flexible for shifts and constantly complaining about how much more the work they do is worth than they are paid.

If colleagues had the power to cause the company to go bankrupt in such a way they'd command higher wages, when a company goes down the pan it is always because the directors implement the wrong business strategy (encompassing sales, employee retention and marketing).

chris9997

• Know All
« Reply #1255 on: 18-10-19, 04:29PM »
Personally i dont think that woolworths needed to fold , they owed £800m and had 800 stores and umpteen warehouses what with the stock the leases and some freehold something could have been done im sure.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #1256 on: 18-10-19, 09:06PM »
Probably would have needed a DL type chairman to get in and sort it out. Whilst he has been unpopular he has kept Tesco in business.

Long gone

« Reply #1257 on: 18-10-19, 10:43PM »
I have a feeling this new CEO could be the next Philip Clarke and we could see some serious disasters.......

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #1258 on: 19-10-19, 11:21AM »
Why? At the very least have you had any prior dealings with him or have information that verifys what you have said?

Or are you just saying stuff for the sake of saying it.

Long gone

« Reply #1259 on: 19-10-19, 11:56AM »
Why? At the very least have you had any prior dealings with him or have information that verifys what you have said?

Or are you just saying stuff for the sake of saying it.
Did you see what PC did to Tesco ? Lol.......he lost billions in 2 years

Bleh

• Know All
« Reply #1260 on: 19-10-19, 04:30PM »
Thats a no then, just throwing unfounded, unfactual statements out there.

Long gone

« Reply #1261 on: 19-10-19, 04:52PM »
https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2018/05/tesco-boss-philip-clarke-made-terrible-terrible-error-according-predecessor/

Proves my point really ........I will be sad to see hardworking people potentially lose their jobs , but the company will fall and it will be a wonderful sight

Bleh

• Know All
« Reply #1262 on: 19-10-19, 06:16PM »
Proves hes like philip clarke how exactly? What a complete moron.

Long gone

« Reply #1263 on: 19-10-19, 06:26PM »
Proves hes like philip clarke how exactly? What a complete moron.
Calls me a moron yet writes hes ...... :D :D :D
I didn’t say it proved the new CEO was like him, I said the new CEO “COULD” end up being like him and that we could see some disasters. Learn to read , the link was there to prove the point he was a horrendous boss and that was quoted from Sir Terry himself .........

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #1264 on: 19-10-19, 07:04PM »
Long story short you made a daft comparison and now are getting all bitchy because people pointed that out.

Pochin123

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1265 on: 19-10-19, 09:23PM »
Sir Terry left Phil Clarke in a right mess when he left, a business that was taking on water but not enough for it to be visible. Sir Terry took the very first lifeboat for himself and left leaving Phil to deal with the damage, it was doomed from the start granted he did make mistakes but the damage was already done.

To be honest i do believe we are still sinking it's just that Dave has clogged the hole so that we are taking less water. But we shall see.

Hope everyone has there armbands on. :)
Has This Been Briefed Out??

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #1266 on: 19-10-19, 10:36PM »
https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2018/05/tesco-boss-philip-clarke-made-terrible-terrible-error-according-predecessor/

Proves my point really ........I will be sad to see hardworking people potentially lose their jobs , but the company will fall and it will be a wonderful sight

Could you kindly explain what would be wonderful about Tesco falling, thousands iof  people would be out of a job, not to mention the impact on suppliers etc
« Last Edit: 19-10-19, 10:38PM by penguin »
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

flowerpower

« Reply #1267 on: 20-10-19, 02:44PM »
A quick one I've just be made redundant there is a job on line through an agency but I
think it's stressco, would I be able to apply ?
Thanks

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #1268 on: 20-10-19, 06:27PM »
No, you cannot return to work at Tesco for 6 months after being made redundant.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Bubble2029

« Reply #1269 on: 20-10-19, 06:34PM »
Probably would have needed a DL type chairman to get in and sort it out. Whilst he has been unpopular he has kept Tesco in business.
bull DL has put the final nail in the coffin

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #1270 on: 20-10-19, 08:25PM »

Could you kindly explain what would be wonderful about Tesco falling, thousands iof  people would be out of a job, not to mention the impact on suppliers etc
If tesco fail someone else will take the spot.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #1271 on: 20-10-19, 10:35PM »
I think after 250+ pages we are getting to the end of the usefulness of this topic.

??
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Long gone

« Reply #1272 on: 21-10-19, 12:58AM »

Read this carefully, because no no doubt I will get slated for it. Seeing Tesco workers lose their jobs would be devastating yes ( well those who actually do some hard graft which is probably about 10% of the entire Tesco workforce while the rest toss it off in the warehouse or have 25 breaks a day because talking whilst sat on pallets of cereal in the back is hard work )
Having said that, old timers are getting replaced by being sacked for the most mundane and laughable reasons, including people at my old store who have never had a warning in their Tesco career to be put on final written for being late once in 3 years. They get replaced by kids who don’t know the job, don’t want to learn and don’t care. The company treats its staff like complete and utter dog dirt and doesn’t care about your length of service or what you have contributed. You are all working your arses off to support the guys at the top and their gilt edge pensions and 5th holiday home. As for suppliers, it would have no effect , demand increases when Tesco shuts down and other retail chains will cover the lost area of the market. So yeah, seeing hard working staff lose their jobs would be difficult, but there is a whole world out there not just Tesco and companies who actually do treat you with respect and not just as a number. Tesco DESERVES to be going downhill and I hope it continues that way until it collapses entirely ....not that it will happen in my lifetime

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1273 on: 21-10-19, 07:25AM »
You hate the company. You hate the job. You say much better jobs and companies out there. So go, move on. Put this life behind you and let go. The rest of us who are not hoping that another company fails would be delighted. Those who worked for Woolworth, BHS and others were not delighted, for dome being forced to find other jobs might have done them some good but I doubt that the failing company was the way they would have wanted to go.
Put your money where your mouth is and go.
I think that one of the worst things about the structure changes is that people who would have, should have moved on have stayed and they have only stayed because they want a pay out before they go. I understand that but it has kept people and who hate the company, hate the job so they should go.
I have done nearly 30 years. I like my job, I like the people I work with. It's hard, and it has changed but lives have changed. I'm also 30 years older than I once was and my opinions have changed in some things over the years. I have always worked weekends, I prefer to do so. I do early and late shift, I prefer to do so. I like being off when I can take delivery of a parcel or book jobs to be done. I prefer to work when the store is busy. I like the mixture of hours as I can go into town before or after work and I see different people.
I don't always like it and I have thought of going at times during a bad wk but I know these wks won't last long and I'm back to being happy in work.
We spend more time with the people we work with than we do with our families, generally. We need to not live in a negative environment. If you don't like it, that is how it is for you. Others don't feel the same. If you hate it so much just go, you say things are better and brighter with other companies, well just go then. Move on, put us behind you. Take your happiness elsewhere.

tut tut

• Regular Pain
« Reply #1274 on: 21-10-19, 08:55AM »
Never did get the senior team did you, ah well I'm sure you are still stabbing people in the back and your tongue is as brown as ever.
By the way I'm sure you're wife and kids feel the same as you, they like their partner and parent out of the house in work all hour's and not seeing how they are coping with their lives....
It's all about tesco isn't it, family doesn't matter, and yes I DO know you!!!!!