Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-10-19, 10:11AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8508
  • Latest: sheryle
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61716
  • Total Topics: 1084
  • Online Today: 77
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.  (Read 236807 times)

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
Re: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.
« Reply #1075 on: 19-09-19, 02:31PM »
uncletupelo

All colleagues are supposed to have an exit interview. Years ago we used to send them out to colleagues who left without one (with  a stamped addressed envelope) but 9 times out of 10 they weren't returned. In my store it seems that most managers can't be bothered to do them at all now.

Exit interviews aren't compulsory, they're used as part of HR strategy to improve staff retention, I saw a link somewhere on Tesco which gave the main reasons why people left, most was because of either pay, not enough hours, bad management or finding something better. All of which to resolve would be against Tesco interests (pay staff more and the shareholders will baulk, implement meritocracy based promotion system and you'll ruffle the feathers of senior managers who's son is a store manager along with a whole host of political issues, giving better hours would contravene needs of the business and making the work environment any better would come out of Dave Lewis's bonus).

BakerBum

« Reply #1076 on: 19-09-19, 05:50PM »
Seeing all this happen, the rest of us are f***ed, any other stores with night shift and stores with more than 5 managers .. it's surely our turn next lol

bobby:):):)

« Reply #1077 on: 19-09-19, 06:24PM »
Very harsh!!!the colleagues due to leave tomorrow and next week through redundcey had to see all the people coming in today for interviews. Very insensitive surely could have waited until they have gone. 😞😞😞😞😞

uncletupelo

« Reply #1078 on: 19-09-19, 06:49PM »
Your right but they had no choice. I believe they anticipated 15% would take up the redundancy option but its actually at 70+%. I know in my store people were not prepared to cut their hours or change their availability to the complete opposite of what they currently work.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1079 on: 19-09-19, 07:53PM »
Has Tesco ever had a staff retention problem as bad as it currently does? I'd be interested in hearing of any express store closures of late due to lack of staff.

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #1080 on: 19-09-19, 09:09PM »
Not being able to hire permanent staff for the past 6 months hasn't helped.

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1081 on: 20-09-19, 12:41AM »
And one of the many problems is the Flexi Contract; some people can only work a few hours a week until they realise they are expected to work up to 36 and a half before the tablet decides demand versus staffing levels means a cutback in overtime hours.

Still, so long as those at the top can have their fancy perks s0d the lot of us who do the hard work on the shop floor!

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1082 on: 20-09-19, 05:20AM »
The flexi sheet allows you to put a cap on what you can work, it does not have to be 36 hours. If you are on a flexi contract you just need to have flexibility. If you are contracted to 12 hours you can state you are are available to work 20 for example but you might show much greater availability over the days/hours.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #1083 on: 20-09-19, 06:52AM »
The annoying part of it, is that Tesco advertise vacancies giving set hours, but when the people apply and turn up for the induction, they are asked to fill in availability forms, and any just putting the hours advertised, don't get taken on, as their " not flexible enough"

Tesco should state, that applicants would be required to be flexible and work extra hours when needed, as other companies do, then those people applying are aware of what's expected of them from the start, saves a lot of wasted time for everyone.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #1084 on: 20-09-19, 07:10AM »
Just had a thought ??? With all the restructuring everywhere, I wonder if David 1, was a victim  ??? He used to be very much in the know, but nothing for months now!

biggerpicture

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1085 on: 20-09-19, 10:08AM »
Have any Counters Manager's been told that their jobs are no more due to the annual review? The same as FFSC Managers.  How can this be done without the offer of redundancy?

Srgd2170

« Reply #1086 on: 20-09-19, 11:37AM »
Can anyone confirm any stores that are keeping fresh food stock managers? Know many large, huge turnover Extras are losing theirs so will be interesting to know who is. When asked the question was told it made no difference to the outcome (which legally I think is pure bull)

I have asked the questions to my people partner who told me the lead people partner is unwilling to answer my questions. I have therefore emailed my lead people partner directly to ask. She is ignoring my emails. When I have a decent paper trail of them ignoring my questions I will take out a grievance against them all.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1087 on: 20-09-19, 12:01PM »
The documentation will also serve well in either getting redundancy or a successful unfair/constructive dismissal claim for all those who have been refused redundancy due to the removal of the job role.

merchandiser4u

« Reply #1088 on: 20-09-19, 12:27PM »
The annoying part of it, is that Tesco advertise vacancies giving set hours, but when the people apply and turn up for the induction, they are asked to fill in availability forms, and any just putting the hours advertised, don't get taken on, as their " not flexible enough"

Tesco should state, that applicants would be required to be flexible and work extra hours when needed, as other companies do, then those people applying are aware of what's expected of them from the start, saves a lot of wasted time for everyone.

Isn't that illegal? say for example a mum with two children arranges childcare to cover the hours she applied for but then gets told she didn't get the job as these aren't the hours that are available?!?

The tesco career website clearly states what hours you will be doing plus say some extra to be flexible. I don't think this is a good way to run a business I wonder what staff turn over is at the moment christmas is coming up soon wonder if things will run smoothly good luck to all!

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #1089 on: 20-09-19, 12:39PM »
Can anyone confirm any stores that are keeping fresh food stock managers? Know many large, huge turnover Extras are losing theirs so will be interesting to know who is. When asked the question was told it made no difference to the outcome (which legally I think is pure bull)

I have asked the questions to my people partner who told me the lead people partner is unwilling to answer my questions. I have therefore emailed my lead people partner directly to ask. She is ignoring my emails. When I have a decent paper trail of them ignoring my questions I will take out a grievance against them all.

Speak volumes this, I’m in the same situation; asked the real questions but being ignored.  It really emphasises the fact that the role in all intentions has been removed, therefore under the Employment Act 1996 ‘the role you were employed to do no longer exists’ is a reason for Redundancy.

The silence and subsequent mis-information about the role being kept on some stores shows l, for some reason, they don’t want to pursue this Avenue, therefore it is your right to challenge this and the only way you can do this is by raising a grievance. So I’d urge you not to wait but proceed with this course of action, making sure you are clear on the reasons for this stance and give an unequivocal response to expected outcome from the grievance.

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1090 on: 20-09-19, 02:39PM »
The career website also makes reference to 28 days holiday on some vacancies which advertised one day a week... wonder how many people have found out the hard way when they see their payslip which states otherwise.

From a financial perspective (i.e. the interests of those at the top and the stakeholders) I bet flexi-contracts are a godsend because they can adjust the hours to 'suit' them but if you're like me and you're reliant on overtime, despite being able to work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, because full time contracts went out with the dinosaurs in most roles!

Back on topic (sorry Nomad) if I see any literature in the future from T about being open and honest and transparency I'll be spitting my Klix coffee out all over the canteen... I wonder how the lead people partner in 2170's case would feel if they were in the same position: someone refusing to answer questions over the future of the job in the business  :thumbdown:

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1091 on: 20-09-19, 03:05PM »
I haven't seen any of these  vacancies online which states 28 days holiday for working 1 day a week, I suspect that they threw in the phrase "pro-rata" in the vacancy description somewhere which would be how they'd get around advertising that, however it would still be common sense that a entry level worker at Tesco won't get 28 days holiday a year for working 1 day a week (doesn't make it right, just highlights how disingenuous Tesco is).

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #1092 on: 20-09-19, 05:35PM »
Are one stop included in any of these restructures? A couple in my area are recruiting, in one from the store manager down?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #1093 on: 20-09-19, 05:51PM »

Isn't that illegal? say for example a mum with two children arranges childcare to cover the hours she applied for but then gets told she didn't get the job as these aren't the hours that are available?!?

The tesco career website clearly states what hours you will be doing plus say some extra to be flexible. I don't think this is a good way to run a business I wonder what staff turn over is at the moment christmas is coming up soon wonder if things will run smoothly good luck to all!

A relative of mine, was having trouble finding work after leaving the forces, due to having "no experience"( obviously two tours of Afghan, and five years of service wasn't sufficient experience) he applied for a role as the shift patterns advertised, fitted in with his partners work pattern, sharing childcare. Paid childcare cover for the four hours of the induction interview, only to have his availability form, which matched the shift pattern advertised, dismissively flung to one side by the smirking PM whilst loudly stating in front of everyone, "is that it??" He walked before he floored the pompous PM.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #1094 on: 20-09-19, 06:35PM »
i think i'd have floored PM before walking! >:D

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #1095 on: 20-09-19, 08:51PM »
Treat people how we want to be treated,yep I would have floored the tw*t aswell.

Mickymouse1962

• Know All
« Reply #1096 on: 21-09-19, 09:53AM »
Are the remaining security guards going

sophierj

« Reply #1097 on: 21-09-19, 10:07AM »
Redundancy package offered. Now lots of other staff that were also offered redundancy have been found other jobs in the store. Can they revoke the redundancy if the package has been offered and accepted by a member of staff? Had the meeting to give the decision of the choice (go part time or take redundancy, chose redundancy), but meeting to finalise is meant to be next week, with leaving date of the 28th.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #1098 on: 21-09-19, 10:56AM »
Are the remaining security guards going

No idea mate, However we have nothing to do except stand about as all the checks we did have been taken away from us, and now we have the hub even the cctv is being watched from afar.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1099 on: 22-09-19, 04:22AM »
Security guard focus is now on protecting colleagues and less so stock. That is the criteria for guards going into new stores anyway.