Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-10-19, 12:20AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61624
  • Total Topics: 1082
  • Online Today: 129
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 123
Total: 128

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.  (Read 232770 times)

Mildew

Re: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.
« Reply #1050 on: 16-09-19, 08:01PM »
Thank you DJL , much appreciated.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #1051 on: 16-09-19, 09:02PM »
I can understand your tone Mildew, what they age failed to realise is there will be a group of managers who will be happy to move role, those that need that security in their life due to personal circumstances, then there will be the group who don’t, and for whatever reason, the company have decided to reengage in another role rather than make redundant.

Good on you for sticking to your guns.  I hope you get answers to your questions, put a grievance in if you haven’t already!
i always thought it was government law that if the job went then the employee was entitled to redundancy if they wanted it. tesco making their own rules again? scumb*g lewis!!

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1052 on: 16-09-19, 10:33PM »
From the conversation I overheard the FSC role is remaining in a select number of stores.

Could that be the reason why redundancy hasn't been offered, because it hasn't gone completely?

Perhaps it might be an 'idea' to look at bakery and counter management roles; if/when T do get rid of them completely, take the money, and run  :D!

And without giving too much away the changes in Express and Metro have come back to bite them on the arse today I hear  ;)

Splat

« Reply #1053 on: 17-09-19, 07:55AM »
At my store there are quite a few not job matched so are leaving at the end if the month. I was job matched but have had enough of these shenanigans and just feel they will take the p*** with everyone left because they should feel grateful. So I'm leaving off my own back before it all kicks in - gave a weeks notice, off I go at the end of this week  :)  I looked at the job site and there are over 30 role vacancies at our store !!! And we have agency staff filling the shelves. Makes you wonder what on earth the plan actually should have been. Hopeless.

zynth

« Reply #1054 on: 17-09-19, 10:14AM »
Why were counters managers given redundancy when some of their roles stayed in some stores, yet FFSC managers are not being offered redundancy because some stores are keeping the role. Seems like the same situation to me.

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #1055 on: 17-09-19, 10:23AM »
Is that accurate zynth? If so thank you for sharing I’m sure many didn’t know that plus it puts a new angle into this current situation for Food Managers!

zynth

« Reply #1056 on: 17-09-19, 10:40AM »
There is a counters manager vacancy currently advertised on the careers website!

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #1057 on: 17-09-19, 10:44AM »
They are still within the store structure though so not surprising there will be vacancies, however you spoke about some being made redundant, those stores that coded the counter I’d imagine, so is there more details on that?

Jk77

« Reply #1058 on: 17-09-19, 12:43PM »
From the conversation I overheard the FSC role is remaining in a select number of stores.

Could that be the reason why redundancy hasn't been offered, because it hasn't gone completely?

Perhaps it might be an 'idea' to look at bakery and counter management roles; if/when T do get rid of them completely, take the money, and run  :D!

And without giving too much away the changes in Express and Metro have come back to bite them on the arse today I hear  ;)

Anything further about the changes in express and metro??
« Last Edit: 17-09-19, 12:44PM by Jk77 »

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1059 on: 17-09-19, 02:21PM »
They are still within the store structure though so not surprising there will be vacancies, however you spoke about some being made redundant, those stores that coded the counter I’d imagine, so is there more details on that?

This all reeks of desperation, regardless of Tescos own internal processes, if there is a like for like situation (i.e ffsc managers are all classed as the same role and counters are classed as the same) then redundancy should be offered on a like for like basis, if the role no longer exists on the same basis (i.e shorter hours) or is downsized so can be fulfilled by fewer people then redundancy should be offered.

The fact Tesco is not being transparant and trying to convolute the process shows an underlying financial problem within the company.

Suckyourmum19

« Reply #1060 on: 17-09-19, 02:24PM »
Quick question for the stock control managers who have been told their job s going as part of the annual review.

My store manager told me that the business wanted all affected stock control managers out of their roles within 12 months, she said all stores were sticking to this time scale.

But my fiend in a local store has been told 3 years.

Have you been told 12 months or 3 years?

odif

« Reply #1061 on: 17-09-19, 02:29PM »

why ?what's happened?

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1062 on: 17-09-19, 03:46PM »
Express were cut to the bone as is, I'm not surprised the changes made would heavily adversely impact Express operations.

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #1063 on: 17-09-19, 04:18PM »
Quick question for the stock control managers who have been told their job s going as part of the annual review.

My store manager told me that the business wanted all affected stock control managers out of their roles within 12 months, she said all stores were sticking to this time scale.

Highly unlikely it’s going to be 3 years given the fact they have confirmed that the role is being removed and thd accountabilities moved to the Stock and Admin Manager.  6 months max timescale at this stage

biggerpicture

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1064 on: 17-09-19, 04:39PM »
Why is redundancy not being offered as the job is going? And what happens at the end of 6 months?

uncletupelo

« Reply #1065 on: 17-09-19, 04:48PM »
Anything further about the changes in express and metro??
[/quote]

In our Express we will have lost 52% of our staff by the end of next week. Some redundant, some have found new jobs out-with Tesco and the others just quit. Management are now fast tracking external interviews as there wont be enough staff to keep the shop open come week 32.

They thought staff would be begging to keep their jobs even on half the hours they used to have. People are prepared to take their chances in the job market. Couple that with the appalling man management by certain express managers themselves. The complete lack of empathy or understanding of people situations is shocking. People who were on the fence about staying are saying this is only going to get worse and are opting to quit. Fewer staff to do more work on what was already a very tightly run format is going to be a nightmare.

Suckyourmum19

« Reply #1066 on: 17-09-19, 05:41PM »
I’m not trying to sound abrupt (honestly) but is that your opinion or are you involved in the annual review process (affected or a store manager) and therefore have discussed this?

My opinion is also that 3 years seems long, but I’m looking to hear what people have actually been told by their store managers.  :)

Highly unlikely it’s going to be 3 years given the fact they have confirmed that the role is being removed and thd accountabilities moved to the Stock and Admin Manager.  6 months max timescale at this stage

tescopleb

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1067 on: 17-09-19, 05:42PM »
If they thought staff would be begging to keep their jobs on half the hours they obviously didnt learn anything from last round

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #1068 on: 18-09-19, 07:54AM »
Can anyone confirm any stores that are keeping fresh food stock managers? Know many large, huge turnover Extras are losing theirs so will be interesting to know who is. When asked the question was told it made no difference to the outcome (which legally I think is pure bull)

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #1069 on: 18-09-19, 08:58AM »
londoner83, you have hit the nail on the head right there! All Food Managers are going, they are it willing to provide the i formation you have requested so lacks transparency that DL talks about all the time.

I’d be getting a grievance in to challenge this process. in my opinion they think most will be  happy to move role however don’t thu i they have realised the resistance encountered so far would materialise.

If the contract is trying to be changed they need to be following a similar process to past Senior and Team Managers; legally they need to offer suitable alternative employment as well as redundancy, which will allow those that want to stay, and undoubtably there will be a good number who don’t want to leave, the opportunity to look for reengagement
« Last Edit: 18-09-19, 09:00AM by DJL »

rockley200

« Reply #1070 on: 18-09-19, 11:16PM »
Express was very tough when I did 8 years as store manager, God help them now
I hope metro doesn't go like this, cant keep cutting staff....

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1071 on: 18-09-19, 11:34PM »
I can't give too much away about this particular Metro as it could very well identify me but needless to say if those higher up keep thinking they can run staffing levels into the ground I'd rather buy a third class ticket for the Titanic...!

I can't help feel with some stores the bigger plan is to lower footfall, and therefore turnover, so when rent agreements come around T can vacate the premises. After all if it appeared in the news they were looking to enter into talks with landlords and CVAs etc we know what that would mean.

I've not heard of anymore changes to Express/Metro although my former store hasn't replaced my hours; I've "heard" it's due to the structure changes in Express/Metro but I know differently. Still, it's not my place to say; just that if you're going to lie try and have a good memory  :D.

uncletupelo

« Reply #1072 on: 19-09-19, 12:02PM »
I suspect I know the answer but....is it compulsory to do a leaver interview?

« Reply #1073 on: 19-09-19, 02:00PM »
 uncletupelo

All colleagues are supposed to have an exit interview. Years ago we used to send them out to colleagues who left without one (with  a stamped addressed envelope) but 9 times out of 10 they weren't returned. In my store it seems that most managers can't be bothered to do them at all now.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #1074 on: 19-09-19, 02:00PM »
I don't believe it is, and to be honest very few actually get them as the manager forgets, is on day off, or not available. If the managers can't be arsed to aknowledge the redundant staff on their last day, then who are they to expect others to make the effort.
« Last Edit: 19-09-19, 02:03PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.