Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-09-19, 11:52PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60799
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 110
Total: 114

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.  (Read 195064 times)

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
Re: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.
« Reply #1000 on: 13-09-19, 09:51AM »
So much for Tesco looking after our health we sleep all day get up to go to work when are we supposed to eat a decent meal .Not only that aren’t they supposed to make sure we have a medical because we work nights.

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #1001 on: 13-09-19, 10:00AM »
It feels as if they don't give a flying monkeys about us. They trying to kill us off...literally!

beefy

« Reply #1002 on: 13-09-19, 12:17PM »
Wonder  how many in metro have taken redundancy?
People in superstores and extras, can you not see
what is coming???

What are your thoughts???

[/quote
👍😊👍😊👍😊
Would welcome it mate on my knees praying..
well over 20 in my  metro store taking redundancy lets face it i know of extras in my area lost 15+ staff to redundancy . if this structure change works in metros i cant see how it will when express stores seem to struggle 100% superstores extras will get screwed when metros looseing 20+ staff  per store it seems superstores extras will be demolished

taliahad

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1003 on: 13-09-19, 01:07PM »
It feels as if they don't give a flying monkeys about us. They trying to kill us off...literally!

Of course they don't give a flying monkeys about us.  The only thing they care about is making money and that makes tesco a very toxic company to work for. 

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1004 on: 13-09-19, 01:34PM »
I've heard that retaining Express Shift Leaders is a known problem at head office levels, can anyone elaborate on how bad aexpress shift leader turnover is?

takethemoneyandrun

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1005 on: 13-09-19, 01:53PM »
Please God superstore night teams next. What happened with bringing colleagues closer to customers. We close at midnight and then starve to death at night ( unless we are organised and bring our own food) Canteen a bacteria pit. Fridges smell. Coffee machine broken. 2 day old out of date bread and broken toaster. Jam ..marmalade..peanut butter..chocolate spread and margarine that everyone has dipped their knives in..and probably coughed in as well . Very rarely is there any fruit. Moral is at an all time low.
Something defo going on with superstores our second in charge been keep going out of store to meetings the last two weeks...I think they will do superstore nights next those that still have them...i think they will reformat the superstores that take less than 500k a week to metros thus streamlining management..
About time to glorified shelf fillers..

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #1006 on: 13-09-19, 02:48PM »
When's the next nightshift cull?

Beanny

« Reply #1007 on: 13-09-19, 03:38PM »
Next February or March. Bring it on!!

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #1008 on: 13-09-19, 04:01PM »
Has anyone noticed how small the delivery is getting overnight? Most nights it's only fresh left to do by 4am. We are a 24 hour extra and it's dead overnight. Honestly see no reason to stay open. Plus several people have left and not been replaced.

BakerBum

« Reply #1009 on: 13-09-19, 05:41PM »
Also the Double Decker wagons will take more trucks off the road and no need for night delivery when the trailer has two loads on board.. we have night shift in our superstore and we just started receiving these new wagons and training the last 2 weeks

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #1010 on: 13-09-19, 05:45PM »
I've heard that retaining Express Shift Leaders is a known problem at head office levels, can anyone elaborate on how bad aexpress shift leader turnover is?

Very bad, and with the current round of ca rhrp work underway in express it will only get worse as even more 1-1 working once that's done.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Vinny1985

« Reply #1011 on: 13-09-19, 08:45PM »

How do you know this? What type of stores do you think it will effect

T.C.1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #1012 on: 13-09-19, 09:56PM »
With the light derlivery's on nights see how many cages are missing plus Brexit end game is coming so probably Tesco is playing the waiting game

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #1013 on: 13-09-19, 10:32PM »
Our deliveries are not light , especially fresh deliveries on nights

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #1014 on: 13-09-19, 11:19PM »
Deliveries in our store were lighter in the school holidays but they are pretty much back to normal now.

Wasn't one of the reasons for not rolling out more twilight stores down to the fact the DCs couldn't cope or was that just bovine excrement?

On the topic of Express stores and Shift Leaders, believe me, for the hourly rate it's not worth it. One of my former colleagues asked me if I couldn't handle the stress. I wasn't stressed; I was frustrated with the way things were ran , the fact we were sat on more stock than we should've been and the school playground behaviour of some people exacerbated by the fact the SM took their sides, constantly.

beefy

« Reply #1015 on: 14-09-19, 12:02AM »

Very bad, and with the current round of ca rhrp work underway in express it will only get worse as even more 1-1 working once that's done.
tesco careers speaks volumes for shift leaders local area  first 2 pages its literally shift leader jobs nothing else

beefy

« Reply #1016 on: 14-09-19, 12:04AM »

How do you know this? What type of stores do you think it will effect
also heard same about more to come be intresting what drastic does next

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #1017 on: 14-09-19, 01:19AM »
The "next" night-shift cull has been coming perpetually now.

Maybe it will come, maybe it won't, but I wouldn't be making decisions based on "I heard".

beefy

« Reply #1018 on: 14-09-19, 01:35AM »
The "next" night-shift cull has been coming perpetually now.

Maybe it will come, maybe it won't, but I wouldn't be making decisions based on "I heard".
the sad thing is the what i heard rumours a lot of them end up being true

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1019 on: 14-09-19, 05:52AM »
Wonder why there are so many vacancies for all areas on the indeedwebsite.

Vinny1985

« Reply #1020 on: 14-09-19, 08:20AM »
Hi I am a team leader and my staff have had there right hours right place done. Been job matched everything ok. Most of the staff are fixed contracts. The Rotas have been put up and the staff on fixed contracts have got their fixed days say Sunday Monday Tuesday. But all of them have been given extra shifts.

They been told because they put it down on availability form they can. This is not right is it. They can’t do this can they.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1021 on: 14-09-19, 10:56AM »
Has anyone noticed how small the delivery is getting overnight? Most nights it's only fresh left to do by 4am. We are a 24 hour extra and it's dead overnight. Honestly see no reason to stay open. Plus several people have left and not been replaced.

Monday and Tuesday next week are warehouse clearance days for all. Space is to be made to make room for fireworks, Christmas bulk and brexit goods. Deliveries are light until this is done but you can bank on them being enormous after. All part of the plan.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #1022 on: 14-09-19, 11:09AM »
Hi I am a team leader and my staff have had there right hours right place done. Been job matched everything ok. Most of the staff are fixed contracts. The Rotas have been put up and the staff on fixed contracts have got their fixed days say Sunday Monday Tuesday. But all of them have been given extra shifts.

They been told because they put it down on availability form they can. This is not right is it. They can’t do this can they.

Depends what they put for hours/days on their availability sheets? If they put they would increase/decrease their hours from current contract e.g. 24 hours current contract - minimum 20- maximum 30 or days currently 4 days minimum 3 - maximum 5 then anything job matched in those windows is right.

If they didn't give any leeway on their current contracts, for any of the above, then they can't be given extra shifts outside their stated windows . Everything outside those windows is overtime, and an overtime request of them.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #1023 on: 14-09-19, 11:24AM »
Adding on to above, if the extra shifts were in their window availability , they should have been made aware of these extra shifts to be added, and signed to agree to their new working patterns, as it changes their contract. So don't let anyone sign any contract till it's all been sorted.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Vinny1985

« Reply #1024 on: 14-09-19, 12:23PM »
If I recall I think only one person said they would work more hours. Nobody wanted to work less hours.  The hours they signed for in the one to one meetings just had days job matched to. As in 3 shifts Tuesday weds Thursday, or 4 shifts Friday sat sun mon. Nothing about extra shifts.
Not been given new contacts yet.