Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-09-19, 10:00AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60689
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 150
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.  (Read 187018 times)

Gizmo

Re: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.
« Reply #975 on: 10-09-19, 09:29PM »
Can anyone please tell me if there's any team manager roles left in metro anymore if so what those roles are ?

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #976 on: 11-09-19, 07:11AM »
In the metro near me there is only one manager, think new name is team manager. No team support. New role in metro is shift leader. So structure is store manager, 1 team manager then shift leaders.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #977 on: 11-09-19, 12:49PM »
The Team Manager role has been around for a long time, it isn't a new role, however if there is only 1 Team Manager in the new structure that would imply a disparity in responsibilities and accountabilities when compared with Team Managers in Superstore, namely each Team Manager in Superstore is in charge of one department, I'm assuming that shift leaders will run the departments in Metro formats, Team manager gets the responsibility for all departments and the SM gets the accountability, It seems to me that Metro Team Managers should be rebranded Deputy Store Managers in light of the difference between their new responsibilities and those at superstore.

Knowing Drastic with his cost cutting ways however he'll probably go the other way with it and enforce the template into superstore formats.
« Last Edit: 11-09-19, 12:53PM by NightAndDay »

Gizmo

« Reply #978 on: 11-09-19, 02:14PM »
Thank you both for the information, possible insight in to what they'll probably do in superstores going forward, two - four team manager's the rest shift leaders.

mrsnothappy

« Reply #979 on: 11-09-19, 07:06PM »
Is there any evidence that Team Support will go in superstores and if so, when is it likely to be?

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #980 on: 11-09-19, 07:38PM »
First hit express stores, four years later metro. I think it's in the region of 160-170 stores so this is a bigger launch of structure. It will all depend on how well it goes. Things will be hard, a lot less hours etc. The retention of shift leaders in express has been a bit of an issue, it's more like a duty manager role. No team support at checkouts, shift leaders to wear head set on shop floor and just attend checkouts when needed.
It will role out to other stores but it's a trial in all but name. It could be heavily modified by the time it gets to large format but it could just stay as it is. There was no warning of it hitting metro so I would expect the same for large format. It's a case of how long is a piece of string.
The one manager remaining has to stand in for store manager when they go on holiday so no matter what the name is, it is deputy manager in all but name.

rockley200

« Reply #981 on: 11-09-19, 11:18PM »
Dreadful  company to work for now.

Tinydog

« Reply #982 on: 12-09-19, 06:31AM »
It is all store specific for metro changes.. we are currently going through the change: we originally had:
1 store manager
3 department managers, replen, compliance and Customer service and
3 shift leaders and 4 team support.

We are now structured as:
1 store manager,
2 team managers and
4 shift leaders. So I think it will all be store specific on sales and needs etc

Splat

« Reply #983 on: 12-09-19, 07:09AM »
I've been told I'll be doing trolley training whilst in my role on checkouts  :D  Do i need any special PPE? I know there's a communal hi vis (yuk) but what about boots? Just going to get all my facts together before I agree...

Mickymouse1962

• Know All
« Reply #984 on: 12-09-19, 07:30AM »
Cant believe they are keeping the remaining security hope we are next to go

Ibanker2

« Reply #985 on: 12-09-19, 07:36AM »
As a combined counters & bakery manager in a SS I was at risk earlier this year with all counters changes. Much to my surprise I survived still doing same role. Received new contract as a result of pay increase and find my job code has changed to Fresh. Anyone had a similar experience. Reasons for change would be good. Should add we have a Fresh Manager already

Jethro

« Reply #986 on: 12-09-19, 08:12AM »
Preparing for when the  bakeries go .

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #987 on: 12-09-19, 09:12AM »
I've been told I'll be doing trolley training whilst in my role on checkouts  :D  Do i need any special PPE? I know there's a communal hi vis (yuk) but what about boots? Just going to get all my facts together before I agree...

You do not go out there unless you have been issued with your own safety boots, any manager asking you to " just pop out for ten mins, you'll be ok in your own shoes," refuse as an unreasonable request. You never wear any body else's boots! As for the hi-vis, if you are only occasionally going out there, technically you should have your own issue, but the communal one should be professionally laundered on a regular basis...you would be within your rights, to refuse to wear an unclean one, so would be unable to go out there. Also in summer months, they should be providing sun cream, and winter months hat and gloves.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Splat

« Reply #988 on: 12-09-19, 09:20AM »

You do not go out there unless you have been issued with your own safety boots, any manager asking you to " just pop out for ten mins, you'll be ok in your own shoes," refuse as an unreasonable request. You never wear any body else's boots! As for the hi-vis, if you are only occasionally going out there, technically you should have your own issue, but the communal one should be professionally laundered on a regular basis...you would be within your rights, to refuse to wear an unclean one, so would be unable to go out there. Also in summer months, they should be providing sun cream, and winter months hat and gloves.

Thankyou. Although apparently we have been asked for our shoe size so at least they're doing something right. I've been on checkouts for years and am remaining so. But trollies is apparently in the new job roles.... Hmmm. A couple of weeks ago we were also asked to do weeding 😮

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #989 on: 12-09-19, 09:53AM »
Is there any evidence that Team Support will go in superstores and if so, when is it likely to be?
Is there any evidence that the remaining night teams in Superstores will be going.

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #990 on: 12-09-19, 12:14PM »
I'd take the trolley job before I'd take a management one. The managers will be getting stripped out.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #991 on: 12-09-19, 01:31PM »
Have you seen the new job role pack?? Ask to see it. It is possible that trollies could be in it, as its under the checkout department, but very doubtful gardening or weeding is in it, which is something good to know for future reference.

emma070706

« Reply #992 on: 12-09-19, 04:21PM »
can anyone help me? if one job vacancy goes up and I apply for it as the only affected g.a in our store do i automatically get it?

triviup

« Reply #993 on: 12-09-19, 04:33PM »
Affected colleagues from any store can apply. You’ll be interview and scored. Always recommended to apply for more than one vacancy so you’ve got backups

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #994 on: 12-09-19, 09:30PM »

Thankyou. Although apparently we have been asked for our shoe size so at least they're doing something right. I've been on checkouts for years and am remaining so. But trollies is apparently in the new job roles.... Hmmm. A couple of weeks ago we were also asked to do weeding 😮
weeding??? what a joke. i would have told them in no uncertain terms to go away!! since when has gardening been part of a retail contract!!??

rockley200

« Reply #995 on: 12-09-19, 09:49PM »
Wonder  how many in metro have taken redundancy?
People in superstores and extras, can you not see what is coming???
What are your thoughts???

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #996 on: 13-09-19, 01:26AM »
I walk into our extra store to clock in at night and it is so empty that I ask myself why we still have a nightshift.  Its quiet in the morning,  quiet in the evening  and the pfs is like at ghost town at night .
We are not 24hr store but pfs is manned 24hr and store has night replenishment team . I think it would be the ideal store to loose nightshift  but I still dont see it happening  .
Recently we have changed how fresh delivery  worked at night , everyone does an aisle of backstock then if you're aisle backstock finished you help someone else till all backstock worked for every aisle.  The delivery cage pulled out , unspoilt and everyone works that cage  and we work our way through all the cages that way . Cages aren't split , no one has an aisle , it's all "one team" is this happening anywhere else ??  It kind of works but only if everyone communicates with each other , when you get the guys that has his headphones in all night and buggers off on his break without saying , it all goes tits up

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #997 on: 13-09-19, 06:52AM »
People in superstores and extras, can you not see what is coming???

Just think it's metro's turn at the moment. As an ex superstore employee, I have witnessed 6 redundancy culls in the last few years, myself being in the last cull of the stockies.

As is already the case, the section managers will be next, as there is hardly any dept employees to manage anymore!!

takethemoneyandrun

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #998 on: 13-09-19, 06:56AM »
People in superstores and extras, can you not see
what is coming???

[/quote
👍😊👍😊👍😊
Would welcome it mate on my knees praying..

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #999 on: 13-09-19, 09:28AM »
Please God superstore night teams next. What happened with bringing colleagues closer to customers. We close at midnight and then starve to death at night ( unless we are organised and bring our own food) Canteen a bacteria pit. Fridges smell. Coffee machine broken. 2 day old out of date bread and broken toaster. Jam ..marmalade..peanut butter..chocolate spread and margarine that everyone has dipped their knives in..and probably coughed in as well . Very rarely is there any fruit. Moral is at an all time low.