Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-09-19, 07:07PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60870
  • Total Topics: 1071
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.  (Read 200243 times)

Master Tim

Re: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.
« Reply #675 on: 22-08-19, 12:11PM »
I'm a Fresh Food Stock Manager and still not heard anything yet, it's becoming a joke. USDAW response was also poor too around the situation so i've emailed them back for further detail as they didnt address why there is no redundancy option.

Eewyn

« Reply #676 on: 22-08-19, 01:06PM »
USDAW response regarding Food Stock Manager changes.

Further to your recent enquiry, I have now received clarification from Tesco.

The change to your role that has been discussed with you is part of the annual review of Management roles in large stores.

For the record, Usdaw has not been consulted, or agreed to these changes. These are conversation that take place with individual managers, where required.

Each year Tesco review store sales and colleague head count requirements. Tesco need to respond and adapt to changing shopping patterns, remain competitive and profitable, as well as protecting people’s employment.

As things change, Tesco may need to increase or decrease the number of management positions a store receives, so they can adapt management resources and structures accordingly.

The annual review of Management roles in large stores happens each year.

I understand that individual conversations are being held with some managers, at the same time that Usdaw and Tesco are in Collective consultation regarding other changes announced recently. This may have caused some confusion, however the annual review of manager’s roles is not connected to the broader changes.

If you have been spoken to by your Store Manager and are concerned or unclear about the conversations you have had then please ask to speak to them again. Your manager has a guide to the annual review process and will talk you through what this means for you and how you will be supported to move to a suitable management role.

In the first instance, informal conversations will take place to mutually agree any changes or moves. I have been advised by Tesco, if managers have any concerns about how the conversations have been led, or what has been described, then they should raise this with their People Partner.

I trust this clarifies the situation and answers your enquiry.

Should you need further advice or support, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with me for assistance.

Kind Regards

Master Tim

« Reply #677 on: 22-08-19, 01:24PM »
That was the response I got which was poor and why I've asked for further info into why one manager is worthy of redundancy and not another in the same store.

Eewyn

« Reply #678 on: 22-08-19, 02:06PM »
Second response when questioning why redundancy isn’t being offered.

The company are not removing your role from the structure of all stores, it is just that it is no longer required in your store.

The compliance manager role, and others where redundancy has been offered, were removed from the structures completely – the role no longer exists anywhere within Tesco and that is the reason they were offered redundancy.

Your manager should be explaining this to you in your meeting about the change.

Regards,

gapscangirl

• Regular Pain
« Reply #679 on: 22-08-19, 03:46PM »
How many stores will still have a food stock control manager then? Does anyone know of any?

Splat

« Reply #680 on: 22-08-19, 03:59PM »
Surely that answer is complete tosh? Team supports and night staff are being offered redundancy and those positions still remain in other stores.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #681 on: 22-08-19, 04:03PM »
Second response when questioning why redundancy isn’t being offered.

The company are not removing your role from the structure of all stores, it is just that it is no longer required in your store.

The compliance manager role, and others where redundancy has been offered, were removed from the structures completely – the role no longer exists anywhere within Tesco and that is the reason they were offered redundancy.

Your manager should be explaining this to you in your meeting about the change.

Regards,

There's a difference in what USDAW says and what the law states, in particular, if the role no longer exists for the person affected and they can't be moved to a different role with similar terms, pay, workload, location and if they're able to be trained for the role then redundancy must be offered.

BarryZola

« Reply #682 on: 22-08-19, 05:07PM »
This is where people have to stand up for themselves and show Tesco what the law states and ask Tesco if they're so sure of their stance that they're willing to see you in an employment tribunal.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #683 on: 22-08-19, 06:21PM »
This is more an indictment of USDAW, if USDAW can't even keep Tesco in line by making them offer what is legally necessary, then why do they call themselves a union and more to the point, why do people still want to pay to be members of it when they have done such an abysmal job thus far.

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #684 on: 22-08-19, 06:43PM »
Could this be another ppi occurring paying for something you are not getting support.

Kingster04

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #685 on: 23-08-19, 07:03AM »
The counters manager role is also gone according to our sm

Is this in Metro's or all Stores?
Hi
I believe the Eligibility Criteria for managers has been released to usdaw!! Anyone know how we can get a copy if not in the union as a affected manager I would like to know the Eligibility Criteria
Many thanks.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #686 on: 23-08-19, 08:14AM »
Email Pauline Foulkes and ask her to confirm that.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Kingster04

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #687 on: 23-08-19, 08:59AM »
Email Pauline Foulkes and ask her to confirm that.
Has already been confirmed so no need to just need to see if anyone has a copy sent out to all reps this week!!!

stockstaffreduction

« Reply #688 on: 23-08-19, 10:54AM »
As a Food Stock Manager Manager who has been informed of the Soft Structure change, I would be interested to know many FSmngrs or S&Admin Manager have refused to move roles.
I myself have said I am not prepared to move job roles.
I have been told by my SM that, as this is an informal structure change, cannot be compelled to take another role.
So it is business as usual .... until it becomes formal and redundancy offered.

My S.M has made it clear that they want me to move roles. I suspect under the pressure from above. I have not been told that "its business as usual" or even that anything can be expected in the next few Weeks or Months in terms of further conversations.
I am at present going to work and getting on with my job, as per before the conversations to move. I would be interested to know what others are doing and how they have been told.
Speaking to another FSMngr in another large Extra Store, their S.M. is almost arm-twisting them to move as they are friends.

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #689 on: 23-08-19, 11:52AM »
As a Food Stock Manager Manager who has been informed of the Soft Structure change, I would be interested to know many FSmngrs or S&Admin Manager have refused to move roles.
I have been told by my SM that, as this is an informal structure change, cannot be compelled to take another role.

My S.M has made it clear that they want me to move roles. I suspect under the pressure from above. I have not been told that "its business as usual" or even that anything can be expected in the next few Weeks or Months in terms of further conversations.
I am at present going to work and getting on with my job, as per before the conversations to move. I would be interested to know what others are doing and how they have been told.
Speaking to another FSMngr in another large Extra Store, their S.M. is almost arm-twisting them to move as they are friends.

Definitely been told cannot be compelled to move. Obviously they want you to - but cannot force you to, so definitely business as usual.
beentheredoneit

arlo

• Regular Pain
« Reply #690 on: 23-08-19, 01:02PM »
Any more info on the metro restructure,apart from the roles being removed at checkout team support and manager restructer,all other staff filled out availability forms but what is the actual point in this if no other roles are going, is it just to try and scaremonger staff into being more flexible with hours and departments they are willing to work on or is there actually job roles going at GA level

gapscangirl

• Regular Pain
« Reply #691 on: 23-08-19, 01:20PM »

Same at my store - someone is expected to move. I am going to look for another job as I don't want food stock control on the top of stock and admin.

Me2015

• Regular Pain
« Reply #692 on: 23-08-19, 02:02PM »
Is it safe to say the following is correct about the Stock Manager role;

Communication to state the role is no longer needed within store structure
Advised to ‘apply’ for new role within the store or close by
No talk, at the moment, of being offered redundancy

Poses a few questions surely;

What if you refuse to accept the proposal?
What if there are no jobs within your local area?
What if there are no ‘suitable’ jobs within your local area?

Clearly there will be more questions, let’s discuss and help each other out!

Eewyn

« Reply #693 on: 23-08-19, 02:18PM »
Is it safe to say the following is correct about the Stock Manager role;

Communication to state the role is no longer needed within store structure
Advised to ‘apply’ for new role within the store or close by
No talk, at the moment, of being offered redundancy

Poses a few questions surely;

What if you refuse to accept the proposal?
What if there are no jobs within your local area?
What if there are no ‘suitable’ jobs within your local area?

Clearly there will be more questions, let’s discuss and help each other out!

I have been told that it is business as usual until the Metro restructure is completed. As the colleagues there are at risk of redundancy, they get ‘first pick’ of any vacancies open. After that, Food Stock Managers are free to apply for whatever vacancies are left. My store manager has said that after 3 to 6 months, if no suitable role has been found and applied for it will be referred to the People Partner. If no conclusion can be arranged, then it is referred to the group People Partner to discuss. They haven’t been able to clarify what is considered a suitable role. But as many have already said here, the Team Manager role pack is very generic across the board these days. Any Team Manager could theoretically manage any department. I would guess their suitable role definition would primarily be location based. I have told my store manager that I have no interest in managing any other role and want be applying for anything else.

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #694 on: 23-08-19, 02:35PM »
Why should you have to apply for another TM role when you have one already. You should be given an alternative post or offered redundacy. Tesco don't have a scooby. Burn the whole place down and be done with it.

Omg1

« Reply #695 on: 23-08-19, 02:39PM »
I have been informed that I will be expected to take any management vacancy that arises and if I don't in my store I could be sent elsewhere if a vacancy is there. I was told by my store manager that it's not an option to wait as the store will lose its payroll. I contacted the people partner but got told the store manager was my contact. She said the restructure or loss of positions means I could be moved anywhere that is reasonable. Not really any support but I have realised nobody really cares if they have to not comply with the instructions from above.

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #696 on: 23-08-19, 02:42PM »
omg1

sounds about right passed about with noone giving solutions

dairyfresh

« Reply #697 on: 23-08-19, 03:26PM »
Any more info on the metro restructure,apart from the roles being removed at checkout team support and manager restructer,all other staff filled out availability forms but what is the actual point in this if no other roles are going, is it just to try and scaremonger staff into being more flexible with hours and departments they are willing to work on or is there actually job roles going at GA level

As far as I can tell its everyone involved at my metro our manager has said people who haven't been job matched will be brought into office from the end of next week

arlo

• Regular Pain
« Reply #698 on: 23-08-19, 04:09PM »

As far as I can tell its everyone involved at my metro our manager has said people who haven't been job matched will be brought into office from the end of next week
[/quote

Yes same, buts what's changing ,the heatmap has been around for years with no threat of job losses or hours cut ,are roles being removed at GA level we have not been told about?can they just cut hours because it does not fit in with the heatmap or will it be moving to another department to fulfil  surpluse hours ? Is it an orchestrated attack on fulltime staff ?

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #699 on: 23-08-19, 05:19PM »
I have been informed that I will be expected to take any management vacancy that arises and if I don't in my store I could be sent elsewhere if a vacancy is there. I was told by my store manager that it's not an option to wait as the store will lose its payroll. I contacted the people partner but got told the store manager was my contact. She said the restructure or loss of positions means I could be moved anywhere that is reasonable. Not really any support but I have realised nobody really cares if they have to not comply with the instructions from above.

Remember, in terms of relocating, what is reasonable to Tesco may not be reasonable for you, the contract says on occasion you may be required to work in other locations if within reasonable distance concerning needs of the business, but a permanent move to a new base location isn't mentioned in the contract as an expectation, if you'll end up taking longer to get to the new store or it'll cost you more in travel, then in the eyes of the law, that can be considered unreasonable.
« Last Edit: 23-08-19, 05:21PM by NightAndDay »