Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-09-19, 11:51PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60799
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 185
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 108
Total: 112

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.  (Read 195063 times)

Bella

Re: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.
« Reply #625 on: 20-08-19, 10:22AM »
Large store and pfs. Told out in 1 month. Maybe more. No answer on other options   Basic being sacked
is this a large store as in extra or superstore. Thank you

Bella

« Reply #626 on: 20-08-19, 10:24AM »
Large store and pfs. Told out in 1 month. Maybe more. No answer on other options   Basic being sacked
sorry is this a large store as in extra? Or superstore? Thank you

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #627 on: 20-08-19, 10:46AM »
They can't force you to work anything over your contracted hours. If you are on a flexi contract do overtime once then just say you have plans if they ask again. Only do extra when it suits you. As long as you can help them out sometimes they shouldn't ask for anymore.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #628 on: 20-08-19, 11:23AM »
Question
On the above second collective consultation, right at the end of page 2 it says shift leaders work any five out of seven days. Has this always been the case for shift leaders or is it new to this structure change?
They have said that managers would go this way at some point. Only cover Sunday's by overtime, very few managers contracted to Sunday's and it's mostly covered by overtime but as it can be a very busy day it is long overdue being looked at. In Scotland we have extra stores open 24/7 and superstores open much longer than the Englush laws allow. My store trades 0800-2200 on a Sunday for example and our local extra only closes Christmas Day.

It's an odd 1, in Express, Shift Leaders on paper are required to work the same days every week, this is only for notational purposes to make holidays straightforward and to ensure that there is management available to cover the store (unlike flexi workers in superstore where they can be covered with overtime easily), the reality is they're 5 days a week flexi workers, though for some reason, if an SL is "contracted" to Sundays, the premium payment is taken into consideration in their weekly pay calculation on the contract.

The part about 13 premium days is new and didn't exist in SL contracts in Express, and unless somethings changed, it still doesn't.

Kingster04

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #629 on: 20-08-19, 12:42PM »
Another question worth asking, if voluntary redundancy was on the table and everyone affected took it, could Tesco afford the payouts and associated recruitment costs? I know they can, but at least in the short term, that anount of money spent on redundancy has to be felt somewhere in the company.
As a affected manager in a metro store, this has to be one of the most shocking way that This process is being
Handled and the way we are all kept in the dark and have to wait till the 2nd of September to hear our fate!!! Which we are told that the way 2 managers will be chosen out of 6 so 4 going!!! Will be on criteria but when I asked what the criteria is SM/PM did not know what a complete shambles!! If anyone has any info would love to hear.

randomworker

« Reply #630 on: 20-08-19, 12:54PM »
Maybe I'm missing something but I have been made redundant 3 times in life and what Tesco is doing is no different to what has happen in my other places of work. The usual stuff is banded about of "lack of communication"... " don't know what is going on".... "taking too long" etc etc

At the end of the day if a Company is cutting head count there is nothing you can do about it but instead sort your personal life out for either outcome.

Manfrommars

« Reply #631 on: 20-08-19, 12:59PM »
I’m a good stock manager in an extra and have been told that my role is going through a soft change which means it combines with the stock and admin manager.

Having been in contact with the union, they know nothing about this as the role wasn’t on the at risk lost.

Tesco are trying to pull a fast one and no offer of redundancy is being made.

Anyone else in the same situation?? Would be good to know of any other affected managers

spacerman

« Reply #632 on: 20-08-19, 01:45PM »
Another question worth asking, if voluntary redundancy was on the table and everyone affected took it, could Tesco afford the payouts and associated recruitment costs? I know they can, but at least in the short term, that anount of money spent on redundancy has to be felt somewhere in the company.
As a affected manager in a metro store, this has to be one of the most shocking way that This process is being
Handled and the way we are all kept in the dark and have to wait till the 2nd of September to hear our fate!!! Which we are told that the way 2 managers will be chosen out of 6 so 4 going!!! Will be on criteria but when I asked what the criteria is SM/PM did not know what a complete shambles!! If anyone has any info would love to hear.

With what happened to Counters, Stock control and Merchandising did you expect anything different? Please do not live in the bubble most managers do, thinking they are more important than any other in the company you are just a number like everyone else.

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #633 on: 20-08-19, 01:49PM »
I’m a good stock manager in an extra and have been told that my role is going through a soft change which means it combines with the stock and admin manager.

Having been in contact with the union, they know nothing about this as the role wasn’t on the at risk lost.

Tesco are trying to pull a fast one and no offer of redundancy is being made.

Anyone else in the same situation?? Would be good to know of any other affected managers

I believe this is a common theme with Food Stock Managers, being moved out of the role and given another, rather than offer redundancy.  I think the issue therefore is whether this move is one which can be classed as ‘role being removed’ Which by the sounds of it, it is, or as you say, they are pulling a past one and not making that offer!

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #634 on: 20-08-19, 01:50PM »
 My understanding is that in order to avoid having to pay redundancy Tesco have to offer you a similar position that you agree to.

Is a replenishment manager role legally similar or can you use the fact they rarely touch a pda/use the system and spend more of the day filling to argue the role would be unacceptable?

coffeemate

« Reply #635 on: 20-08-19, 02:03PM »
If your role is removed from the company then you should be offered redundancy, not another managers position. This is on our Tesco and what happened with compliance and now the warehouse managers. I think there will probably be some food stock managers who will keep their position which is how the company will avoid offering redundancy to the rest of the food stock managers and deliver it as soft structure.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #636 on: 20-08-19, 03:03PM »
Seriously, you all need to become members on this site, then you can PM each other, whilst not having your replies on public display and retaining your privacy. You could all group grievance or draft the same grievance letter, under terms and conditions and c.c.  it to your SM, area personnel, area manager, and area USDAW organiser.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #637 on: 20-08-19, 07:25PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/aug/20/lidl-attains-biggest-uk-market-share

Despite Drastics claims of "accomplishing most of his turn around goals" Tesco is still losing market share to the Germans and Ocado, Tesco is now down to 27% from 27.3% a few months ago. If this trend keeps going I'd expect more cuts.

T2019sackallmanagers

« Reply #638 on: 20-08-19, 08:11PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/aug/20/lidl-attains-biggest-uk-market-share

Despite Drastics claims of "accomplishing most of his turn around goals" Tesco is still losing market share to the Germans and Ocado, Tesco is now down to 27% from 27.3% a few months ago. If this trend keeps going I'd expect more cuts.
They're losing market share because Drastic has cut nights from most stores, the actual backbone of the company. The shops are not getting filled to a good standard and that alone is turning more and more customers away to other competitors that actually have items on sale when they visit. The company is now a shambles thanks to Dave and his ugly chums at the helm.

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #639 on: 20-08-19, 08:32PM »
Food Stock Manager in superstore
Position no longer in this store structure
Not 'At Risk' of redundancy as this is an 'Informal Structure change'
Have - and will be - offered opportunity to apply for other vacancies as and when they are available, but priority given to displaced Metro managers
No compulsion to accept any other job, so will continue in present (non) job until:
            1/ Company make this a -'Formal Structure Change ' and job becomes 'At Risk' of redundancy
            2/ They realise that after 20 months, they could have paid my redundancy with my earnings from my (non) job -  and future redundancy will cost them again .....
PI Admin Manager quite pleased as is dreading the change - I did the combined job before - the only changes are no Sunday counts and a halving of hours - with same workload on SC and Merch - culminated in periods off with Stress
Truly happy days
I just want to go ....
beentheredoneit

Flunky

« Reply #640 on: 20-08-19, 09:22PM »
mark winters is this fact or speculation?

letmego

« Reply #641 on: 20-08-19, 10:06PM »
Stock / Admin manager in a large London Extra, our food stock manager told today his role going (soft change) so i pick up all the workload & colleagues when his role becomes vacant. I ve yet to be offically told but reading on here its obvious... Will i F*** !!

Only a year ago we stock & admins managers picked up compliance, recruitment, wages, and lots of additional routines not mentioned at the time and told this was also a soft change!!!! >:D

Lots several key colleagues lost in the stock control restructure, merchandising workload remains crazy, and I am being challenged as to why i dont have a multiiskilled pool of merchandisers or stock controllers, my answer why did you make them redundant??? 8-)

Our shop is never filled or fit for routines GM is beyond repair, being asked to fudge routines to hit a number.

We are being taken for mugs and I for one will be asking lots of difficult questions starting tomorrow, i hope those in my position will do the same. The company have made no mention in consultation meeting notes of this change, now they are plotting to bring this through the back door

Either way i will be looking for any other role to get me in the firing line for redundancy.

Enough is enough

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #642 on: 20-08-19, 11:00PM »
I suspect the store I'm returning to will have no one with years of experience on Food Stock if they find out their role is going under soft changes; their manager is one of the few in the store who does a great job!

Given the constant changes, for the worst, and what little effect it has on the share price (plus the mess DL looked in the latest video on OT!) if he's still around this time next year I'll be very surprised.

Enough is enough, I agree. This constant cutting to the bone is more apparent than ever on the shop floor and the few things that attract customers through the door are the things they seem hell bent on destroying.

Kingster04

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #643 on: 20-08-19, 11:53PM »
Hi has anyone watched the AGM meeting video!! With Dave talking about the business most interesting bit is around pay and his total lack of respect for the lower classes that work within Tesco interested to hear your thoughts 24. 10 good start point!! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7XYc1Lai0No&ebc=ANyPxKrhVvjYJ4URjoQcxiB9WIfyeLFzF5oldp4EyLTLtRsjuGgnoapFyfZAIh21DgPqY1BWT2JwfuuVfcr_VHg54FqxCGd-aQ

Denbis

« Reply #644 on: 21-08-19, 06:27AM »
I am confused. Am i right to say on that video Dave is saying I am being honest my base pay is 200 times that of a tesco employer BUT we have less executives now since i took over??..

Mr Grumpy

• Know All
  • I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees ..
« Reply #645 on: 21-08-19, 08:31AM »
Nice that Drastic was only mentioning base rate of pay, and not all the axing of premiums, grades, bonuses and shares that have now been robbed from staff who in real terms are much worse off.

As a CEO of a supermarket , you've got to ask yourself are you paying your staff enough if a big majority don't shop at your supermarket....

Denbis

« Reply #646 on: 21-08-19, 08:53AM »
Dave also says on that video that since i took over in 2015 i have raised base pay for colleagues (whilst taking their premiums) by 26%.
Sounds good but National minimum wage has increased from £6.50 to £8.21 in that time, which is also a increase of 26%....sooo???

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #647 on: 21-08-19, 09:48AM »
Stock / Admin manager in a large London Extra, our food stock manager told today his role going (soft change) so i pick up all the workload & colleagues when his role becomes vacant. I ve yet to be offically told but reading on here its obvious... Will i F*** !!

Only a year ago we stock & admins managers picked up compliance, recruitment, wages, and lots of additional routines not mentioned at the time and told this was also a soft change!!!! >:D

Lots several key colleagues lost in the stock control restructure, merchandising workload remains crazy, and I am being challenged as to why i dont have a multiiskilled pool of merchandisers or stock controllers, my answer why did you make them redundant??? 8-)

Our shop is never filled or fit for routines GM is beyond repair, being asked to fudge routines to hit a number.

We are being taken for mugs and I for one will be asking lots of difficult questions starting tomorrow, i hope those in my position will do the same. The company have made no mention in consultation meeting notes of this change, now they are plotting to bring this through the back door

Either way i will be looking for any other role to get me in the firing line for redundancy.

Enough is enough

You should have been briefed straight after the food stock manager (mine was) This was the instruction to SMs
Yours is already the most stressed out job ....... will become impossible when you have it all to manage.
The biggest problem is the continually increased workload with half the staff - the merch hours forecast is an amazing document (extra 95 hours in week 38 - where are these hours????
I cant see how this is achievable in ANY store, let alone an Extra
beentheredoneit

Harpy0001

« Reply #648 on: 21-08-19, 11:08AM »
I dont know if many stores have been affected. The counters manager role is also gone according to our sm . But surprise , surprise it's a soft change. Its think it states somewhere in the tesco policy that if the position is no more the the process of consultation etc has to start. Any one else heard or know anything.

biggerpicture

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #649 on: 21-08-19, 11:40AM »
The counters manager role is also gone according to our sm

Is this in Metro's or all Stores?