Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-08-19, 11:20PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59781
  • Total Topics: 1061
  • Online Today: 227
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.  (Read 119708 times)

Anomalies

Re: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.
« Reply #525 on: 15-08-19, 08:49PM »
I understand what you are saying however what I am annoyed about and want full clarity on is how does the ffsc role no longer existing and our staff reporting to the stock and admin  manager differ from the warehouse manager role no longer existing and the warehouse/backdoor colleagues now reporting to the grocery manager. Those warehouse managers are at risk of redundancy yet ffsc managers are not coz they are using 'soft structure' as the reason yet so far no one can explain how the two scenarios differ?

Unless the warehouse manager was on set shifts with no availability around those shifts then you should both be treated the same, that is impossible to know without knowing what situation was with them.

If it was down to availability then it may be why they are possibility facing redundancy and you are not. Otherwise all team managers should be put into the same selection pool for what jobs are available. Then if unsuccessful the same redundancy situation should apply. I am unsure on numbers vs vacancies and have not been part of any consultations and so dont know exact details.

If my experience over the years is anything to go by it may come down to be as simple as no one can explain it to you but they will assure you it's been checked and its correct, they will never answer the question though and just skirt round the issue.

The warehouse manager would probably be the only person who would be able to tell you why them and not you.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #526 on: 15-08-19, 08:52PM »
I understand what you are saying however what I am annoyed about and want full clarity on is how does the ffsc role no longer existing and our staff reporting to the stock and admin  manager differ from the warehouse manager role no longer existing and the warehouse/backdoor colleagues now reporting to the grocery manager. Those warehouse managers are at risk of redundancy yet ffsc managers are not coz they are using 'soft structure' as the reason yet so far no one can explain how the two scenarios differ?

Exactly, and until they differentiate the two, you have a case...also I would think the stock/admin manager would have a case of unreasonable request, as the last time they took up the compliance role, which has been estimated at 93% of the compliance workload, as a soft structure change, and were told to suck it up!!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Tooter1

« Reply #527 on: 15-08-19, 09:25PM »

Unless the warehouse manager was on set shifts with no availability around those shifts then you should both be treated the same, that is impossible to know without knowing what situation was with them.

If it was down to availability then it may be why they are possibility facing redundancy and you are not. Otherwise all team managers should be put into the same selection pool for what jobs are available. Then if unsuccessful the same redundancy situation should apply. I am unsure on numbers vs vacancies and have not been part of any consultations and so dont know exact details.

If my experience over the years is anything to go by it may come down to be as simple as no one can explain it to you but they will assure you it's been checked and its correct, they will never answer the question though and just skirt round the issue.

The warehouse manager would probably be the only person who would be able to tell you why them and not you.

It's not the person getting redundancy I am questioning it is why the role is redundant and ffsc is soft structure!

Notaclue

« Reply #528 on: 16-08-19, 01:12AM »
I’m food stock with a team of 14 + 2 vacancies. My oppo has 3 admin, 2 wages, 3 stock and 2 merchandising...yet it’s me being moved. Good one Tesco 👍

dairyfresh

« Reply #529 on: 16-08-19, 04:21AM »
Where are these consultantion notes on our Tesco?
not up on ourtesco yet. so would appreciate if someone can post them here

The first one is on our tesco also been posted a page or two back 2nd not yet up.
https://www.ourtesco.com/people-changes/stores/latest-updates-2/

Jk77

« Reply #530 on: 16-08-19, 08:55AM »

I am a food stock manager and got my brief about soft structure. I am going to seek legal advice. I'm wondering if there are any other food stock managers who are thinking of doing the same?

The problem as a team manager is they would be offering you another team manager role even if it is a different department the role pack is the same. You would be hard pushed to argue it's not a suitable role they offer you. You would need to go down location route unless you where on set shifts for a long period of time the hours route would even be hard to argue

How does this relate to splitting the shop 50/50 as it would in metro’s. Being a team manager of a shop is massively different to a department team manager. Can they still class this as suitable??

From tescos side the role pack would remain the same so the job role expected would be the same and they would be able to justify no change so no redundancy needed if another team manager role can be offered. If you refuse this without valid grounds, ie hours or location then you loose your right to redundancy all together that's unfortunately standard practice in this situation. Think about every time you take duty you are responsible for 100% of the store so how would you argue legally that you cant look after 50%.

It may not seem fair but they are very general on the team manager role and already have a large element of multi department managing built in to these roles and an element of overall responsibility was already there.

Sad side is at the point they are at now Tesco has long since changed the job role most managers still seem to think about when line managers went and team managers where created.

So if you know you are on duty next week say, do you currently go and do the rotas for all departments on these days s  or is this currently done by the team manager of that area. Going from planning your current team to planning a shop is a huge change to role

Redshoes

• Know All
« Reply #531 on: 16-08-19, 09:08AM »
Shift leaders should be doing at least some of schedules. Checkouts at the very least. I don't know inside info but expect manager will do shift leader schedules and then shift leaders do the rest. That would make sense, same with holiday bookings, until tablet able to do anyway.
My question is who will cover holiday for manager as there will only be one, will it be local stores or shift leaders.
This is in relation to change at metro stores.
« Last Edit: 16-08-19, 09:09AM by Redshoes »

flowerpower

« Reply #532 on: 16-08-19, 10:15AM »
Should my redundancy be payed at the £9 per hr rate of pay my consultation meeting isn't until 2 Sept
Thanks

express whizz kid

« Reply #533 on: 16-08-19, 11:54AM »
Has anybody seen what the notes from the meetings held on the 13th/14th look like yet? Our managers are being very hush hush about them today.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #534 on: 16-08-19, 12:19PM »
Should my redundancy be payed at the £9 per hr rate of pay my consultation meeting isn't until 2 Sept
Thanks

Not an expert, but my feeling would be that it will be calculated on the average earnings, i.e. previous overtime within a set amount of weeks, length of service, age etc. is calculated
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

flowerpower

« Reply #535 on: 16-08-19, 12:52PM »
Ok thanks . Just if I do take redundancy want to get every penny I can off them ;D

Srgd2170

« Reply #536 on: 16-08-19, 01:05PM »

I have emailed Pauline foulkes directly at usdaw and asked if she was even aware at what TESCO are doing with this “soft change”. She has replied saying she had heard about a couple of complaints that’s it but will go to Tesco to ask them. She wants to know how many others are affected by this so I would email her directly at Pauline.foulkes@usdaw.org.uk to voice your opinion. Tesco rely on people just accepting what they say is the law and it cant be challenged.

Rad

• Know All
« Reply #537 on: 16-08-19, 01:08PM »
Is it because some ffsc jobs remain and warehouse manager role won't? Unsure to be honest

Ntay

« Reply #538 on: 16-08-19, 01:31PM »
I'd urge everyone to at the very least email Pauline, tell your manager the link if there not reviewing this site.

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #539 on: 16-08-19, 01:35PM »
From what I've seen, as far as I'm aware all Team Manager roles are the same, the spectrum in salary is down to the department they manage, the category of the store they work in and their individual performance, which is why the range is as far as I'm aware 22k-32k a year pending pay review (not including night managers or options rates).

I'm wondering if with this Metro restructure they'll change the grades of  job roles such as wage clerk, Admins in Express get no skills payments despite doing what the wage clerk does and more, this may be down to it being convenience, in which case if Tesco are restructuring Metro formats in this way, would it apply to them?

What exactly is the proposed structure change, I thought they were replacing TM's with SL's but from what I've read there will still be manager roles besides the SM role?

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #540 on: 16-08-19, 02:30PM »
I’m food stock with a team of 14 + 2 vacancies. My oppo has 3 admin, 2 wages, 3 stock and 2 merchandising...yet it’s me being moved. Good one Tesco 👍
Hate to tell you but your counter parts role is a much bigger and diverse role than a big fresh stock control department.

marnie

• Regular Pain
« Reply #541 on: 16-08-19, 02:43PM »
Thanks

Not an expert, but my feeling would be that it will be calculated on the average earnings, i.e. previous overtime within a set amount of weeks, length of service, age etc. is calculated
It will be based on which calculation is the highest

Ntay

« Reply #542 on: 16-08-19, 02:48PM »
Union says not consulted re food stock control manager cuts.
Awaiting response from tesco

Tooter1

« Reply #543 on: 16-08-19, 04:18PM »
I have also emailed Pauline and she has replied saying she has has a number of complaints from other managers about the food stock role and she is awaiting a response from tesco and will update you if you email her. Her email address was in a link above!

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #544 on: 16-08-19, 04:25PM »
Can I please ask what the main topic is for writing to Useless Seven Days A Week??

If it is to suggest the soft change is BS and the Manager should be treated like any other manager who has gone through a structure change, then what do you expect them to do?

If it’s not about this, then what is it about?

Srgd2170

« Reply #545 on: 16-08-19, 05:04PM »
Can I please ask what the main topic is for writing to Useless Seven Days A Week??

If it is to suggest the soft change is BS and the Manager should be treated like any other manager who has gone through a structure change, then what do you expect them to do?

Agree usdaw are shite. That’s just the start. Then go to the people responsible for the decisions made Emma.x.taylor@tesco.com is the people director, Jason.tarry@tesco.com and of course Dave.lewis@tesco.com the more people who speak up rather than give up the better.

Srgd2170

« Reply #546 on: 16-08-19, 05:16PM »

Agree usdaw are shite. That’s just the start. Then go to the people responsible for the decisions made Emma.x.taylor@tesco.com is the people director, Jason.tarry@tesco.com and of course Dave.lewis@tesco.com the more people who speak up rather than give up the better.

Sorry it’s
Emma.x.tayloy@uk.tesco.com
Jason.tarry@uk.tesco.com
Dave.lewis@uk.tesco.com

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #547 on: 16-08-19, 05:29PM »

It’s actually d.j.l@tesco.com! This goes straight to him, the other to his executive office

Srgd2170

« Reply #548 on: 16-08-19, 05:41PM »

It’s actually d.j.l@tesco.com! This goes straight to him, the other to his executive office

Oh great! Happy days

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #549 on: 16-08-19, 05:52PM »
I’m assuming you have been affected by this announcement, if so can you tell me store format and staff numbers, if you haven’t done so already?