Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-10-19, 12:56AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61624
  • Total Topics: 1082
  • Online Today: 130
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 101
Total: 102

Author Topic: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.  (Read 232782 times)

fatguy

Re: 2019 Structure Changes. Part 2.
« Reply #1200 on: 07-10-19, 10:59PM »
Anyone gotten their final redundancy figure letter? Was told in my final consultation meeting (two weeks ago today) that it was being "posted out tomorrow". Still waiting.
what final letter over 25 staff in my store were all given redundancy notice letter at start of period then we were given amended letters with redundancy pay increase on our final meetings no mention of letters getting posted we were all told the number on final letter thats what we will be getting

Yeah, the amended redundancy I mean. Supposed to have received it on my final consultation meeting. The store manager said there had been a problem with getting it to me but promised (hah!) they'd be posted out the following day. Like I said, two weeks now and nothing. I'm not the only one in my store who hasn't gotten it by the way, others are also waiting.

Anyone with a similar problem or just my store?
Oh I was worried there for a moment, yeah the manager who did my store ran around gave us all new letters/amounts, she was pretty good with it the chances are you will gain a nice little chunk extra.

Splat

« Reply #1201 on: 08-10-19, 10:35PM »
So, after making all the night team redundant, my store are advertising for temp Xmas night fillers. This can't be right surely!

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1202 on: 08-10-19, 10:43PM »
we had temp nights after we lost our night fill.

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1203 on: 09-10-19, 06:35PM »
this soft structure approach the company are doing is really sneaky. two jobs into one is not a light change

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #1204 on: 09-10-19, 09:46PM »
we haven't got a union so they can do what they like. that partnership agreement has ruined it for us all >:(

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1205 on: 10-10-19, 07:56AM »
Checkouts and service are buddy roles anyway. Both managers should know both sides to the job. Merging the role could give biggest head count for a manager, only dot.com may have more.
There has been word of this where there is no PFS for service manager. Is this the case?
I know of a service manager without PFS who has been on soft structure for years, is this the case for your friend?
What format is store? In SS most service managers are part time?
Is it service manager or checkout manager that takes on full role and is this because other manager is out the role for some reason?

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1206 on: 10-10-19, 08:35AM »
Just a thought, read once about head count. If under 45 it is one manager and if more than that a dept requires two. Not 100% on this but checkouts and services combined could come in over this, even in some smaller SS. I have roughly worked out that my store will be hovering around 40.

Oneofthegoodguys

« Reply #1207 on: 10-10-19, 08:39AM »
Hi ,, I was told yesterday by a very reliable source.... Service Manager Role is definitely the next role to go !!

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #1208 on: 10-10-19, 08:41AM »
Checkouts and service are buddy roles anyway. Both managers should know both sides to the job. Merging the role could give biggest head count for a manager, only dot.com may have more.
There has been word of this where there is no PFS for service manager. Is this the case?
I know of a service manager without PFS who has been on soft structure for years, is this the case for your friend?
Is it service manager or checkout manager that takes on full role and is this because other manager is out the role for some reason?

For years we had 1 manager for services- pfs and checkouts then a few years ago we got a part time pfs manager then that was gotten rid of so it went back to the checkouts, only for another part time pfs manager to be appointed a year or two ago.

We are a small superstore.

Oneofthegoodguys

« Reply #1209 on: 10-10-19, 08:48AM »
This is in extra stores, all service managers to go !!

Mickymouse1962

• Know All
« Reply #1210 on: 10-10-19, 11:35AM »
Are PFS open Christmas day and Christmas eve night

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1211 on: 10-10-19, 12:07PM »
Esso Alliance fuel sites are on xmas eve, shut xmas day.

once in a lifetime

« Reply #1212 on: 10-10-19, 04:27PM »
Hi

Can anyone confirm or deny the following?

The Jack's store which is just about to close and re-open as a Tesco Superstore is going to have the following structure:

1x store manager
1 x assistant/deputy manager ( not sure of the actual title this is)
3 x line managers
4.5 shift leaders

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #1213 on: 10-10-19, 07:01PM »
be intresting to see if it has a night crew or is twilight fill as well!

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1214 on: 10-10-19, 08:14PM »
Hi

The Jack's store which is just about to close and re-open as a Tesco Superstore is going to have the following structure:

1x store manager
3 x line managers
4.5 shift leaders
What is their current layout of management?

Birdy67

« Reply #1215 on: 10-10-19, 08:26PM »
Hi ,, I was told yesterday by a very reliable source.... Service Manager Role is definitely the next role to go !!

Any indication when this is likely to be announced?

once in a lifetime

« Reply #1216 on: 10-10-19, 11:03PM »
be intresting to see if it has a night crew or is twilight fill as well!

Twilight fill

once in a lifetime

« Reply #1217 on: 10-10-19, 11:05PM »
Hi

1x store manager
3 x line managers
4.5 shift leaders
What is their current layout of management?

Currently has a Jack's store structure what ever that is. The question is surely if this structure is going into a "new superstore format" will this be the future?

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1218 on: 11-10-19, 07:08AM »
This is in extra stores, all service managers to go !!

Is this with retaining a PFS manager?
Is it CSD and cash office that go to checkout manager.?
Is it soft structure?

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1219 on: 11-10-19, 07:20AM »

For years we had 1 manager for services- pfs and checkouts then a few years ago we got a part time pfs manager then that was gotten rid of so it went back to the checkouts, only for another part time pfs manager to be appointed a year or two ago.

We are a small superstore.

Services is a big role to deliver on part-time hours so adding to checkouts makes that a huge role and a big head count. Interesting that this is being talked about as the hub roles out. Cash office reports and till short investigations can form a big part of the role. Health and safety checks at PFS too. A lot of what is done is checking the checkers so is some of this now going over to the hub? Also, with the work that is now going on to get the PFS up and running again without having to single man the kiosk any more, for those stores that have suddenly have to man in past few week? going back to large head count for one manager, is this linked to the online holiday booking being about to role out?

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #1220 on: 11-10-19, 11:04AM »
So, after making all the night team redundant, my store are advertising for temp Xmas night fillers. This can't be right surely!
agency is not being paid night premium, so its a cheap labour

1man2jobs

« Reply #1221 on: 11-10-19, 12:31PM »
cheap? I've heard the agency gets £25 p/h and then pays the workers £8.50, can anyone verify?

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #1222 on: 11-10-19, 01:28PM »
I think you are right.

fatguy

« Reply #1223 on: 11-10-19, 01:54PM »
cheap? I've heard the agency gets £25 p/h and then pays the workers £8.50, can anyone verify?
Had an agency worker in my store around this time last year who was worse than useless was according to him getting £13 a hour and was going 10-12 hour shifts in-store as well he said in space of 2-3 weeks working he would have earned enough for a holiday to Singapore and Australia he said so he was buzzing and smug.

Splat

« Reply #1224 on: 11-10-19, 06:42PM »
Re the night staff, I'm more bothered they make all staff redundant but still actually need them, so need to employ temps. This is surely against rules of redundancy?