Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-09-19, 07:07PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60870
  • Total Topics: 1071
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: possibly losing my job  (Read 6861 times)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: possibly losing my job
« Reply #25 on: 31-07-19, 10:40AM »
Had you been under 18, you could have requested a parent or guardian attend.

Have you been given a clocking card and employee number for the new store?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Yogurt

« Reply #26 on: 31-07-19, 10:43AM »
Update: i not heard anything back since and plan to turn up to my contracted shift on the weekend... but i just realised that the new shift i just started has now been advertised online.

Don’t mention that you have seen this the online advertisement. Remind them that you said during your interview you were going back into education and policy is you can’t change store again for another 6 months.  Once you are transferred in to your new store they need to keep you there, you can’t just be sent back or forced to apply elsewhere.   They can’t force you to apply elsewhere and they can’t give you job away without you handing in your notice. Make sure you have some additional hours on your availability form and look to be seen as being as flexible as possible. Get every convo documented on a Let’s Talk and either talk a picture or get a copy. Both you and the manager sign it. If you don’t get anywhere get in contact with your People Partner or go to the SM.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #27 on: 31-07-19, 03:04PM »
Express stores also don't do flexi contracts.

Not true, express do use flexi contracts.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

gluestick

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #28 on: 31-07-19, 11:05PM »
Had you been under 18, you could have requested a parent or guardian attend.

Have you been given a clocking card and employee number for the new store?

Not given a clock in card.... and doesn't my employee number stay the same?

Yogurt

« Reply #29 on: 01-08-19, 12:50AM »
It should only take a week to get a clocking card, two max. Whether you have a clocking card or not doesn’t make a difference, once you are transferred they can’t just decide to send you back to a previous store. Do you see the wages clerk? Were you paid correctly last week?

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 01-08-19, 12:30PM »
is there a way to type your number in, rather than swipe? And if there is, is it the employee number that should be typed?
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #31 on: 01-08-19, 12:35PM »
If your information is on HRAM in your store you can get a clocking card printed out and laminated.

« Reply #32 on: 01-08-19, 01:53PM »
Unfortunately, not all stores transfer colleagues in the correct time frames. We had an incident recently where it took over 4 weeks, several e-mails and phone calls before the other store actually transferred a colleague to ours. As for clocking cards, they can't be printed out and made until the colleague has been transferred onto the system. Also, some managers don't seem to realise how important it is to hand out clock cards in a timely manner. It took one manager 5 weeks to give a new starter his clock card.