Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-12-19, 02:32AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8672
  • Latest: Keeoe
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62916
  • Total Topics: 1108
  • Online Today: 350
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 86
Total: 88

Author Topic: Dotcom Pick Rate increase  (Read 4207 times)

Tinkerbelle

• VLH Supporter
Dotcom Pick Rate increase
« on: 22-07-19, 05:17PM »
So due to the fact that dotcom is going bagless and therefore us pickers will save time in bagging (even though we will still have to use red and brown bags!) I have heard on the grapevine that the pick rate will increase to 172 - anyone able to confirm this is actually going to be the case?!?!?

Shafted

• Know All
Re: Dotcom Pick Rate increase
« Reply #1 on: 22-07-19, 05:45PM »
Brown bags are going. Only red bags for raw and produce clear pinch pull bags will be used.  There will be an increase in pick rate and I would think each store will have specific targets for them   

T

« Reply #2 on: 22-07-19, 06:45PM »
pick rate increase hardly big news

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #3 on: 22-07-19, 08:25PM »
our store manager said unused bags will go back to the rsu,well I advised him to get an extra trailer,as at present we have over 40 cages of all sorts of bags stored under a tarpaulin in the yard and they are still coming in daily,I know of a store local to me that make .com use the old 5p checkout bags as they have over 300 cases of them still sitting in their warehouse

blueberet

« Reply #4 on: 23-07-19, 11:50AM »
Going to be a shock for the pickers that already don't bother bagging items for customers that request bags, this is only going to result in more bad substitutions and off sales and drivers are going to have to deal with the wrath of the customer just so the picker can save 20 seconds trying to hit an unobtainable pick rate.

Shoestring

« Reply #5 on: 23-07-19, 07:20PM »
It's about time bags for home delivery were removed, unnecessary plastic distribution when it is delivered to your door. I know some people say they like to have the bags for waste bins etc., but they can always buy the 10p ones when they physically shop.

Scan rate has already been raised to the point is near by impossible to attain blue, difficult enough to keep in the green. Maybe Tesco think if people work like robots they will eventually become them. The energy spent in ratio to pay is yet another winner for Tesco while it sends you to exhaustion. All they need now to complete the in store franchise is a morgue.  ;)  ???

Doris

« Reply #6 on: 23-07-19, 11:27PM »
Wouldnt worry too much about Dotcom Pick Rate.
I would be more worried about rumors of dotcom click and collect going from stores.
One store in London has already closed theirs 2 weeks ago. Feel for the staff and Manager

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 24-07-19, 10:57AM »
Click and collect is still around? It died off in Express when Tesco Direct went defunct.

Doris

« Reply #8 on: 24-07-19, 12:38PM »
Click and collect is still around? It died off in Express when Tesco Direct went defunct.

Click & Collect Grocery

Zlatan_is_a_red

« Reply #9 on: 24-07-19, 02:17PM »
click and collect where i am is a busy pod, cant see the click an collect groceries being closed/removed when it makes money. store pick rate is store specific, pick rate has gone up for the summer already and will increase further once the bags are removed. the older pickers will struggle with the increased pick rate in my opinion.

Gooner83

« Reply #10 on: 24-07-19, 02:33PM »
We were a trial store for bagless shopping and our pick rate has increased by 20 points, sounds big but it is actually quite achievable, as a store we beat pick rate most days so must be ahead on average? 90% of pickers are hitting it quite easily, a few just below it on average I'd say

T

« Reply #11 on: 24-07-19, 02:35PM »
It's about time bags for home delivery were removed, unnecessary plastic distribution when it is delivered to your door. I know some people say they like to have the bags for waste bins etc., but they can always buy the 10p ones when they physically shop.

Scan rate has already been raised to the point is near by impossible to attain blue, difficult enough to keep in the green. Maybe Tesco think if people work like robots they will eventually become them. The energy spent in ratio to pay is yet another winner for Tesco while it sends you to exhaustion. All they need now to complete the in store franchise is a morgue.  ;)  ???

"impossible to attain" That is how when you go into stores at 9am all you see is dotcomers walking the aisles and talking c**p. Meanwhile delivery cages lie unworked from the night fill.

Ford Torino

« Reply #12 on: 17-08-19, 09:36PM »
So the pick rate is going up. What does that mean? It means that the departmental average target for the day is increasing. If it is met, the pick will finish on time. If it does not, the pick will finish later. How does that equate to if YOU don't achieve it whatever the circumstances, YOU are a bad person? What an unprofessional, lazy way of managing a department.

When I pick a trolley, I know from the off I have to do it as quickly, accurately and comprehensively as I can, and they are the only targets I am aiming for. How quickly, accurately and comprehensively I pick it at are figures management worry about, but they don't really concern me. I might pick at 200 because I've got high quantities of lines. I might pick at 100 because loads of customers have stopped me and asked me for help. On BOTH occasions, I would have considered myself to have done a good job. If you catch me chatting to someone or playing around on my mobile when I'm supposed to be picking, by all means have a go at me. But if you want to have a go at me because the computer screen says my pick rate is below some arbitrary KPI that bears no relevance to an individual person attempting to do a good job, don't even go there until you have further information!

If management ever got funny about my individual pick rate because the computer says no one day, I would insist that the SM is involved in this conversation, and ask if the policy of helping customers has been reversed.