Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-08-19, 11:33PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59781
  • Total Topics: 1061
  • Online Today: 227
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: These boots are made for leaking!  (Read 2651 times)

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
These boots are made for leaking!
« on: 21-07-19, 08:18AM »
Previously the company supplied boots have lasted me roughly four years.  This last pair have lasted just over a year before the welt has gone!  A one-off unlucky or an actual decline in quality?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

captain

• Smart Arse
Re: These boots are made for leaking!
« Reply #1 on: 21-07-19, 08:21AM »
Working 4 times harder???? ;D ;D ;D

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #2 on: 21-07-19, 08:23AM »
I think dimensions get them from more than one supplier,I had a pair that lasted six months before the sole material cracked and fell apart,usually they last a couple of years before natural wear forces replacement

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 21-07-19, 08:27AM »
Seriously, mine last approx 2 years, i found work boots lasted less time, I have work shoes now

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 21-07-19, 09:20AM »
Dimensions provide uniforms for a lot of companies, my OH uniform is supplied by them, and is of a much higher quality...  ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

cddriver

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 21-07-19, 09:27AM »
I replace them about every 4 months when they look very worn...

Aero

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #6 on: 21-07-19, 12:35PM »
Most of mine in recent times have seen the upper split from the sole at the heel. I probably replace them 3 times a year. in my opinion the quality is desperately poor.

Stevil

« Reply #7 on: 21-07-19, 09:09PM »
I get through a pair roughly every 4 months or so, they are c**p so now I just buy my own, a lot more comfortable and last 5 times longer.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #8 on: 21-07-19, 09:21PM »
I buy my own too. Quite expensive, but when you're on your feet all day it's well worth it if you can afford. Shouldn't have to do this though. You should be supplied with decent quality ones in the first place.

T

« Reply #9 on: 22-07-19, 01:26PM »
Never mind the leaking boots where's the leaked wk22/23 announcement.

Administrator Comment In a more relevant topic probably. Nomad.

mister.t

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #10 on: 22-07-19, 07:47PM »
I know Tosca's use Black Rock boots and, shoes for counter staff. They only lasted me a short term. A year or so ago I brought Black Rock dealer boots in size 11,  black from EBAY for about twenty pounds. I find them very comfortable as they are wide.  I wear the brown ones in the garden. Lets say they are brown with green and white specs on them  😉

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #11 on: 22-07-19, 08:04PM »
I bought a pair of steel toecap docs off ebay for about 6 quid ..I've been wearing them for work for about 5 years. Toes scuffed but nowt else wrong with them.
BARGAIN 

T

« Reply #12 on: 22-07-19, 08:58PM »
I'm buying f*** all for my shift at tesco. I walk about with holes at the knees because nobody's doing the uniform order.  Before some smart arse says do it at home. f that

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #13 on: 22-07-19, 09:14PM »
I agree.  If tesco want us to wear uniform then they should order it.  Otherwise I'll walk round in rags >:D
« Last Edit: 22-07-19, 09:16PM by lackofinterest »

mister.t

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #14 on: 22-07-19, 10:13PM »
I bought my own boots for self comfort. Years ago I bought my own shirts and trousers for £6 each. I did it for self pride as the SM was as tight as a turkeys a... on Christmas morning 😘

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 22-07-19, 10:31PM »
I also bought my own trousers for work, as I refused point blank to accept the replacement ones as the quality had deteriorated significantly from the previous ones, the new ones being flimsy and ill fitting, which made me feel like a slob.

However, a note of caution with regard safety shoes, if you were to sustain an injury and found to not be wearing company issue, it could be used against you in any injury claim you may bring, regardless of whether the shoes you have purchased are safety ones.

genome

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #16 on: 22-07-19, 10:55PM »
I'm buying f*** all for my shift at tesco. I walk about with holes at the knees because nobody's doing the uniform order.  Before some smart arse says do it at home. f that

can't you do it on shift from an MPC?

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #17 on: 22-07-19, 11:10PM »
I also bought my own trousers for work, as I refused point blank to accept the replacement ones as the quality had deteriorated significantly from the previous ones, the new ones being flimsy and ill fitting, which made me feel like a slob.

However, a note of caution with regard safety shoes, if you were to sustain an injury and found to not be wearing company issue, it could be used against you in any injury claim you may bring, regardless of whether the shoes you have purchased are safety ones.
I work on the shop floor so no entitlement to safety shoes

genome

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #18 on: 23-07-19, 12:53AM »
same here The Hooch but i argued and got them. I think it's stupid to be moving cages without them and my manager couldn't disagree after he ran over his own foot.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #19 on: 23-07-19, 06:37AM »
Yes, many shopfloor colleagues have sustained injuries due to department non entitlement, which should be revised as the new initiative to have colleagues working across the store on any given shift, could leave them unprotected. A good reason for refusing to work a department unless provided with correct PPE.

Most of the shopfloor colleagues in my old store, purchased them from Tesco uniform website, including one who had been off work due to sustaining an injury from a cage rolling over his foot, yet he was still obliged to buy his own safety shoes. I think the buzz phrase at the time was " it's an incident not an accident "  :-X

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #20 on: 23-07-19, 10:25AM »
HSE recommends gloves and safety shoes when moving roll cages, pushing not pulling, max load height of 1400 mm.

Some companies believe they know better than the HSE.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.