Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:39PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 283
Total: 286

How to access your @tesco.com Email address?

Started by hige, 10-07-19, 07:17PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hige

I got my @tesco.com set up at work today and I was not informed how to use it.

I tried adding it to Gmail via POP3 but I got rejected from the server (server was some default office365 server). Anyone know how to do this?

captain

Go back to whoever set this up and say you want full training on this.
Once again a total shambles

Redshoes

It's not an email address, it's a sign in for the comms centre. Only senior team have an individual email address.

RandomJim

Does anyone know how to reset their password for this?
I had the same issue logging onto my payslip ... knew my password but it said it was wrong ... knew my answers and it said it was wrong even though 1 was mother's maiden name and there's nothing else that could be.
Yet there's no easy way that I can see for any of it to be reset ... I can't use inform without it

TescoValue

Use a store computer and go to the Comms login page, at the bottom there's an option to reset your password.

RandomJim

Does this reset everything because as I said .. the questions it asks aren't mine as my mother's maiden name doesn't work

RandomJim

Sorted it ... was using the global tesco instead of the normal tesco ... stupid bloody system

chris9997

does anyone know if our tesco is down as get sorry access not available from this ip address

RandomJim

Wouldn't surprise me if the servers are down to be honest ... might be too many people trying to order uniforms lol.
Because we know the servers can only handle 7 people accessing at once so they roll out new uniform ordering globally 🤣
I got the same error

Angel22

Quote from: chris9997 on 24-10-21, 03:06PM
does anyone know if our tesco is down as get sorry access not available from this ip address

Yes i am getting that message to as i tend to log in from home easier to see my computer screen.  I am wondering if its to do with the online grocery site being down the potential "hacking" that has been mentioned. As it was working fine on Friday now its that message. 

lordadmiral

Server is up. It's some cockup with redirecting or authorisations to the accual content.
Worst case scenario is that someone by mistake deleted whole lot and now they r looking for backups to restore the s*** ;D

surlaroute

ugh this is good to know others are getting this message I made a few borderline comments lately n thought they might've finally gone all the way n locked me out personally (Even though I tried it through other networks, they're so incompetent I figured the error message might be inaccurate)

Er17

Just got a reply on Twitter saying that there is nothing they can do about and to see my line manager about it. They even told me to go onto colleague help but how I'm supposed to do that when I can't sign in anyway is beyond me.

londoner83

You have to love some of the responses you get from the helpdesk.

chris9997

first of all not sure how the store can resolve this issue and colleague help will not have the answer, which you can not get into anyway, this is very poor that the company has not dealt with this issue people are having accessing the site, it also highlights that having payslips online is not always a good idea, the company needs to solve this issue before next payday as I'am sure  it is illegal not to give a detailed breakdown of pay.  This is a little worry as this problem appears to have started when tesco.com was compromised.

msl1791

Spot on! I have noticed that it has all gone down since the weekend with the main website. So fustrating, this is happening :(

Morris999

Seems to be very hit and miss, some colleagues can access everything, others cannot.

From what has been suggested from another group, it seems if the colleague set up the 2 way authentication then they can, if they kept skipping it then they cannot.

chris9997

if this is the case a little warning might be helpful but to lock someone out of your payslip means they will need to return to printing payslips

Morris999

It won't be a permanent thing, if the news reports are to be believed then Tesco's servers were hacked.
It will just take the highly skilled IT team to fix it!!
So probably some time next year :D

person7

Quote from: Er17 on 26-10-21, 10:01AM
Just got a reply on Twitter saying that there is nothing they can do about and to see my line manager about it. They even told me to go onto colleague help but how I'm supposed to do that when I can't sign in anyway is beyond me.

they told me "there are no issues with the website please see your line manager or colleague help page" - ignoring the fact in the DM i even said i tried that but it still says i couldn't log in

its working now, but now i need to use my phone for 2 step verification.. a nightmare as it does it on the PDAS at work too.. and you get signed off after 10 minutes of not scanning something.. so you need to scan something every 10 minutes or have your phone to log in again. (again a pain when you are doing long list of stuff and need the TPNB numbers or to print labels, which you cant do on the computers anymore  :o (least in my store, they got rid of the printing labels app during the upgrade of the computers and now told we MUST use a pda to do all the tasks - which only 3 out the entire store even WORK! the store manager promised us new ones every single month for over a year but now said "100% by september" ...... we are still waiting

edit: saying that forgot to mention inform on my phone isnt working either when you try to search  ??? so there defo a lot of issues even after you manage to log in!

Er17

When I contacted them I got the impression that they thought it was my fault and that I was doing something wrong signing in.
to be honest I really don't think they believe that there's a problem at their end and as such it won't start being dealt with till they start getting complaints when we can't access our payslips in 2 weeks time  >:(

helpme

At the moment due to the hacking at the weekend you can only log in on designated tesco devices.

msl1791

Has it come down from the top brass that its only tesco devices?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk