Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-07-19, 09:50AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58122
  • Total Topics: 1030
  • Online Today: 158
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Team Support: Superstore vs Extra  (Read 3918 times)

checkoutmonkey

• VLH Supporter
Team Support: Superstore vs Extra
« on: 07-07-19, 10:40PM »
Hi all, I’m currently a Front End Team Support in a smallish superstore but have recently been offered a transfer to the same position in an Extra. I know that this probably varies wildly by store but in general are there any changes that I can expect by changing format. In my current store staffing is pretty minimum which means that I’m spending the majority of my shifts running the line by myself and my manager handles pretty much everything else to do with running the department.

I know that in theory TS is supposed to be a bit more involved with the admin side of things, and I’m thinking that moving to a larger store will mean my role involves more of this and less running around replacing spilled milk. Are there any Extra TS on this site who can let me know what their job is like day to day? Are there GAs that are primarily runners so that we can focus on the other aspects of the job? Or can I expect to carry on essentially being paid £2 an hour more to stand with a headset on sending people on their break?

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Team Support: Superstore vs Extra
« Reply #1 on: 08-07-19, 05:34AM »
Think you are in for a disappointment if you expect the role to be different in Extras. The TS in mine pretty much send people to break, run the line and replace split milk.....

Nattienat

« Reply #2 on: 08-07-19, 09:23PM »
Same in our store , dont forget about the new knives sale , you got to get them too . No GA's are allowed to do that . All I say is get your self a great pair of shoes . Your gonnin need them .

checkoutmonkey

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 08-07-19, 09:46PM »
Ughhh well I’m disappointed but hardly surprised. Guess I’m destined to forever be doing nothing more than unlocking detaggers and begging for service calls  ;D

Yeah the new knives thing is already a tremendous pain in the ass

madness

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 08-07-19, 09:50PM »
in my opinion you should be training new starts, upskilling people on self service exceptions, overtime management, and some holidays.

mieles

« Reply #5 on: 08-07-19, 09:56PM »
I go around the store begging people to do overtime ,update tablet, get RTW done. Run my ass off to pass IDQ do put backs, waste etc and constantly look at the next days potential problems

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #6 on: 08-07-19, 10:18PM »
As team support, there's no point in progressing to TM at the moment lol, dot com team support is already on more.

checkoutmonkey

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #7 on: 09-07-19, 02:43AM »
I go around the store begging people to do overtime ,update tablet, get RTW done. Run my ass off to pass IDQ do put backs, waste etc and constantly look at the next days potential problems

How have you found the tablet? We are about to start using ours and have heard very mixed messages

mieles

« Reply #8 on: 09-07-19, 09:15AM »
The tablet is fine. Once you know the different screens ie breaks, attendance  and the main screen where you load the shifts on to the day. If you want to change a break time some times it wont alow it so just write that person and break time on a bit of paper.it also has the graph showing if you are over or under staffed. Just try to forget old shedular and move over to tablet. You will like it in the end
« Last Edit: 09-07-19, 09:16AM by mieles »

willie2018

« Reply #9 on: 09-07-19, 06:30PM »
In my dotcom team supports do rotas holidays deal with all the drivers problems and customers problems and much more every day is a new challenge in one way or another.
« Last Edit: 09-07-19, 06:34PM by willie2018 »

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #10 on: 09-07-19, 06:52PM »
Sounds similar to what Shift Leaders do in Express. Except you're paid more.

specialgravy

« Reply #11 on: 14-07-19, 10:44PM »
And don't have midnight call outs to break ins, have to open or close a shop, have to do audits, CIT collections etc etc... :D :-

Aunt sally

« Reply #12 on: 14-07-19, 11:43PM »
T/support shift leaders get the same. Its only driver t/s who get more