Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-10-19, 07:17AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61688
  • Total Topics: 1084
  • Online Today: 129
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 54
Total: 60

Author Topic: Annual bonus scheme.  (Read 17413 times)

• VLH Supporter
Annual bonus scheme.
« on: 03-07-19, 11:10PM »
This subject may well have been covered before, and I'm sorry if I have missed the answer despite looking for it.  Anyway, I am curious to find out whether we will be getting any bonus due for this year up to 1 September 2019, when the first stage of the 10.45% pay increase starts.  In fairness we should all be getting the bonus up until the pay rise supersedes it, but things are not always fair!  Does anyone know the answer to this please?  Thanks.

Beanny

Re: Annual bonus scheme.
« Reply #1 on: 04-07-19, 12:14AM »
Bonus for colleagues taken away, so just pay increase. Bonus continues for managers!

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 04-07-19, 01:20AM »
As much as you are complaining about managers still gettting he bonus colleagues get their pay rise regardless of how much work or how well they do. Managers will only get a payrise if they perform well or exceed (exceed is nigh on impossible I've only had 1 out of 4 years).

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 04-07-19, 07:13AM »
Madness - can I also add that in many stores if the store manager is judged to be not performing they will automatically give every other manager the same grade regardless of individual performance......

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #4 on: 04-07-19, 10:31AM »
Wouldn't you be able to question that though? I mean giving people bad reviews out of spite would seem to me something grievance worthy.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 04-07-19, 02:06PM »
Performance is based on the Big 6 results, the way they measure the customer and colleagues measure is flawed, i.e the SM and various department managers can just do the WMTY surveys meant for the ca's putting down excellent for everything to get a blue on the colleagues messure. Similarly you can put good reviews for your store yourself periodically.

A better system would be to base 60% of customer measure on the sales measure 40% on the number of complaints/appraisals received. After all getting red on sales but blue on customers would seem strange to Tesco head office people who says award winning service is what drive sales.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #6 on: 04-07-19, 02:19PM »
One question, one 'assumed' moan, four more posts and we've drifted away from the OP's question.   8-) 8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Walker

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 04-07-19, 02:35PM »
I am curious to find out whether we will be getting any bonus due for this year up to 1 September 2019, when the first stage of the 10.45% pay increase starts. 

No. GA's will not get any bonus.

taliahad

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #8 on: 04-07-19, 06:03PM »
Great thinking Tesco, why should I work hard just to give my manager a bonus? This is a massive disincentive for many people.

mardy

« Reply #9 on: 04-07-19, 07:05PM »
I dont work in store so im not privy to any information
Was there not a vote on the decision to take the bonus on your top line or keep an annual bonus ?
if there was no vote then USDAW should be taken to court for making this decision without its members consent
If there was a vote and youre not a member of the union then you just got to suck it up.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 04-07-19, 10:33PM »
On paper, pay rises are negotiated between Tesco and USDAW, USDAW being a union are meant to voice the will of it's members, however we get no say in what we're paid. This is because Tesco brought USDAW back from the brink of collapse a few years ago, Tesco realising it's better to have a union for public face brought USDAW back and the "Tesco partnership agreement" happened soon after with one of the tenets of the agreement being USDAW can't petition a ballot for strike action against Tesco. USDAW are basically Tescos puppet, they're not a union in the real sense, just on paper. Also you can't sue unions, the government considers them above the law (though unions also do have significant pull in terms of law making).

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #11 on: 05-07-19, 12:08PM »
Tesco's puppets USDAW do voice the the will of its members in the pay negotiations. They bring in their own puppets, who are meant to be representing the members...yet to ever have heard of any of them, or met any of them, but they are wined and dined, full time daily pay whilst absent from store and our subs used to pay for it. And all they have to do is nod in agreement when instructed.

How Trev off trolleys, or Doris from the deli, who may be bloody good reps in their store, are to have the experience, knowledge or gumption to solely challenge a proposal or motion brought by the union hierarchy, who, let's face it, will already have sealed the deal, is ludicrous. They know, we know, everybody knows they are only there for USDAW to be seen to be doing :-X
« Last Edit: 05-07-19, 12:10PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #12 on: 05-07-19, 12:52PM »
Bonus is scrapped so few could benefit from one higher basic rate. Unfortunately it looks like that people who negotiate new pay are those who do not believe in fair pay system. They just want everyone to be paid the same no matter what role, workload, general productivity etc.... It sound nice but in reality it is just 'low pay' for everyone (well most of us).
Annual bonus is one of the most important schemes in running business.

'You want something extra?! Then work for it' ... but now? what is the point.
Yes you might keep managers bonus, but no manager can deliver if he or she do not have people who will 'work' for them/ with them.

It would be funny to see peoples faces (those who f***ed up negotiations) when two years later tesco will make so much profit that all debt will be wiped off, pension hole plugged and some billions spare in bank.  Money that will go to no one else other than top management and share holders.  Everyone in store will be working for just a few pence above NLW.
Then you will see/ hear all the voices moaning why our pay is low, why no bonuses are given or better pay rise. Well because you are the one who didn't want it in the first place.

If we at least had that 1.5% left it would be better than nothing.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #13 on: 05-07-19, 06:59PM »
Just had email from Leigh Day as loss of annual premium would be used in equal pay claim.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #14 on: 05-07-19, 07:51PM »
Tesco's puppets USDAW do voice the the will of its members in the pay negotiations. They bring in their own puppets, who are meant to be representing the members...yet to ever have heard of any of them, or met any of them, but they are wined and dined, full time daily pay whilst absent from store and our subs used to pay for it. And all they have to do is nod in agreement when instructed.

How Trev off trolleys, or Doris from the deli, who may be bloody good reps in their store, are to have the experience, knowledge or gumption to solely challenge a proposal or motion brought by the union hierarchy, who, let's face it, will already have sealed the deal, is ludicrous. They know, we know, everybody knows they are only there for USDAW to be seen to be doing :-X

I knew some of them and I voted one of them onto the national forum where he got onto the pay review. He got hounded out by Tesco and Usdaw due to not towing the party line just before he finished he had about 3 grievances out with tesco and usdaw over their shady dealings, His name was Dave he was from Sheffield and he got voted onto the national forum at the regional meeting we had at Worksop branch many years ago back when Steve Rodgers was our SD.

So he stuck up for us he was an ex miner and took no prisoners (he was a rep as well you can not be on the pay review team without being a rep).

Now the other person is a guy initials M. W. an area organiser and one of the union bods on the pay review team and as far as I am aware he still is..... That guy is a complete and utter waste of time, his favourite stock phrase when you go to him for help is 'You have to look at it from Tesco's point of view' and he was the person that had the problem with dave.

All this was years ago but nothing has changed in the intervening years.

Global Moderator Comment Names are edited.

genome

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #15 on: 06-07-19, 03:59AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if Tesco wanted Ross of the bonus regardless. If usdaw had tried to get them to keep it they would have just made it a meaningless amount. It's been getting smaller every year.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #16 on: 06-07-19, 02:37PM »
The only way things will change in terms of compensation is when people start chasing other opportunities (i.e, any other supermarket) if staff turnover rate increases HR advisors will advise Tesco directors to compare market rates and see how they stack and why they're failing to retain staff past "natural wastage" amounts.

Toscoboy

« Reply #17 on: 08-07-19, 07:15PM »
Bonus for colleagues taken away, so just pay increase. Bonus continues for managers!

What managers are keeping the bonus scheme? Is it team managers? Store managers in Express? Senior team managers or just large format store managers? Does anyone have clarification on who is actually keeping a yearly bonus?

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #18 on: 08-07-19, 08:07PM »
Team and Senior TeamManagers, WL 1&2

Toscoboy

« Reply #19 on: 08-07-19, 09:17PM »
Team and Senior TeamManagers, WL 1&2

What about Express store managers then?

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #20 on: 08-07-19, 09:37PM »
Just says WL 1 and 2

Express SM classed WL2; but with different t&c’s id imagine!
« Last Edit: 08-07-19, 09:38PM by DJL »

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #21 on: 08-07-19, 09:52PM »
Interesting all distribution will get it. Looks like a way (rightly so in my opinion) of fighting against this belief that shop floor sitting on a checkout is equal work to warehouse.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #22 on: 08-07-19, 10:14PM »
Exception being 24 hour Esso alliance stores on nights, no self serve, no pay at pump, take superstore level money with express level resources. Workload there makes distribution look like an office job.
« Last Edit: 08-07-19, 10:15PM by NightAndDay »

Toscoboy

« Reply #23 on: 08-07-19, 11:23PM »
Just says WL 1 and 2

Express SM classed WL2; but with different t&c’s id imagine!

Thanks for that info, greatly appreciated...

Interesting all distribution will get it. Looks like a way (rightly so in my opinion) of fighting against this belief that shop floor sitting on a checkout is equal work to warehouse.

I dont agree with the distribution on getting any bonus what so ever, they need to learn how to stack a cage properly following health and safety procedures

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #24 on: 09-07-19, 07:05AM »
The way I'm reading it, is that all salaried colleagues receive a bonus, so would that be all managers  :question: WL 1&2 office colleagues :question:

Agree with tosco, not all store staff work on checkouts. The loaded cages are worked instore by everyone, women and men, unloading the same volume and weight that the distribution colleague loaded. Not only are some of them loaded dangerously, but how they are loaded, is a waste of money, which results in waste going on instore budget.

But then I've always been a firm believer of, "a day in my shoes"  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: 09-07-19, 07:11AM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.