Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-09-19, 12:03AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60799
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 113
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Uniform, Let's talk.  (Read 11564 times)

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Uniform, Let's talk.
« Reply #50 on: 05-08-19, 08:02AM »
Cant believe anyone would block a colleagues transfer because occasional they wear the wrong uniform. Especially when they may have valid reasons why they didn't ie washing machine broke, uniform order not arrived, spent night caring for relatives or at hospital and didn't have time to wash.

Bet that colleagues morale and work has dipped after being blocked moving to a  store nearer home that could well save them money and time on travel.

Shafted

• Know All
« Reply #51 on: 05-08-19, 11:49AM »
I've got full uniform on tonight. A few others haven't though but nothing has been said. That was my issue. This place is messed up. 2 of us got a let's talk a few weeks back for being too chatty,1 guy got one for basically not being chatty enough.

I have 3 "let's chat" at the moment and everyone I have refused to chat and requested a rep for them, yet they just don't listen and write what they want still asking me questions, then when I get a rep in........ I still refuse to chat they just don't know what to do ?????? all a waste of time I guess but who's time it is ? I'm sure there will be more let's talk but if they keep this up these let's talk by the end of the month I will be able to wipe my ar*e for the rest of the year for free............bring it on stay strong people and play the game.

How old are you? A let’s talk is a record of you being spoken to about an issue. I would
Imagine you’ll be able to use an invitation to investigatory too the way you are going.  I don’t get why you think it’s a game? People like you make life harder for the rest of us when you’re in an office and we have to carry on grafting.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #52 on: 05-08-19, 11:56AM »
On the contrary, it's common practice for duty managers to misuse lets talks, the common trap is, if the management team has deliberated that someone needs to go because the person in question is being chocolate in their peanut butter (read, doesn't fall into their clique, their face doesn't fit, they threaten the political landscape), they will issue lets talks for any petty reason, commonly when others are doing the same transgression to.

As said in other places, there's a reason why Tesco loses a relatively high number of employment tribunal cases/pays people off, and a big part of it is managers not being impartial, being biased and not following disciplinary process.
« Last Edit: 05-08-19, 11:59AM by NightAndDay »

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #53 on: 05-08-19, 12:11PM »
I've got full uniform on tonight. A few others haven't though but nothing has been said. That was my issue. This place is messed up. 2 of us got a let's talk a few weeks back for being too chatty,1 guy got one for basically not being chatty enough.

I have 3 "let's chat" at the moment and everyone I have refused to chat and requested a rep for them, yet they just don't listen and write what they want still asking me questions, then when I get a rep in........ I still refuse to chat they just don't know what to do ?????? all a waste of time I guess but who's time it is ? I'm sure there will be more let's talk but if they keep this up these let's talk by the end of the month I will be able to wipe my ar*e for the rest of the year for free............bring it on stay strong people and play the game.

How old are you? A let’s talk is a record of you being spoken to about an issue. I would
Imagine you’ll be able to use an invitation to investigatory too the way you are going.  I don’t get why you think it’s a game? People like you make life harder for the rest of us when you’re in an office and we have to carry on grafting.

Shafted come on to fk. You do the same amount of work regardless of who is in the office or not. I do the same amount each night regardless of how many collegue turn up 5/15. Just tell the manager I can't get the work done. They can moan or groan or they can do something about it. Most of the TMs are coming to the realisation it is a waste of time giving GAs a hard time. I get paid the same if they are happy or not. Don't really care what they think eithier as I know I have done my best.
« Last Edit: 05-08-19, 12:12PM by Reason »

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #54 on: 05-08-19, 08:29PM »
It is not hard wear a combination of the clothing Tesco provide
It is if you are asked to do several days extra shifts in a week and run out of fresh uniform issue before you have chance to catch up with your laundry.  Unless you are happy for staff to weary dirty, smelly uniform?

(just last week my manager complimented me on how smart I always look, which disregarding that  found it a bit creepy to have my appearance commented on, not noticing that I was not wearing a uniform polo under my company hi-vi but another old plain polo of similar colour but without the company branding)
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Batmanjo

« Reply #55 on: 07-08-19, 12:04PM »

Age has nothing to do with this it's all about corporate bullying and I will always stand up against anyone that tries to bully myself or others. It's totally my choice if I play it as a game realistically for myself it makes it less stressful in meetings and just for your info 2 out of the 3 let's talk were written after the fact ! not as it should be before the fact, the one thing I will say is people like you are the one's who come to me for help when they have a problem.I don't agree with people like me make it harder for you when in reality it is the company you should be blaming as they are the one causing the problems.

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #56 on: 07-08-19, 04:36PM »
It is if you are asked to do several days extra shifts in a week and run out of fresh uniform issue before you have chance to catch up with your laundry.  Unless you are happy for staff to weary dirty, smelly uniform?

(just last week my manager complimented me on how smart I always look, which disregarding that  found it a bit creepy to have my appearance commented on, not noticing that I was not wearing a uniform polo under my company hi-vi but another old plain polo of similar colour but without the company branding)

There is a few smelly people in my store /\ ;D

ElderEnclave

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #57 on: 25-08-19, 09:56PM »

If I can manage it you can.

We're issued (or I was)
- 3 t-shirts
- 2 trousers
- 2 jackets
- 1 pair of gloves
- 1 cutter

If I'm working a full 7 days due to overtime I wash my clothes when I finish the shift mid-week and its ready for the morning after. No excuses in my opinion and I'm just a Customer Assistant.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #58 on: 26-08-19, 11:49AM »
Ready for the morning?  Sounds like you use one of those energy guzzling dryers.  Apart from which I am not one for putting the washing machine on unless I have a full load as it is not very green otherwise.

AmberWolf

« Reply #59 on: 26-08-19, 12:15PM »
ElderEnclave states "morning after" hence a whole day drying on rads, clothes horse or line, not an " energy guzzler dryers" ;)

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #60 on: 26-08-19, 02:02PM »
Ready for the morning?  Sounds like you use one of those energy guzzling dryers.  Apart from which I am not one for putting the washing machine on unless I have a full load as it is not very green otherwise.

I've heard all these excuses for looking slovenly and more besides over the years from staff in any number of depts.

Complete poppycock.

As I explained to one chap who thought he was being clever "have you got a sink at home with hot water?"

"Yes"

"Right, I'll buy you a packet of handwash powder, now off you pop. You've had your friendly coaching on standards of dress. Anymore and it's a piece of paper I'll be giving you"

Problem solved.

My standards are one of the reasons I was invited back after 6 months and one day in 2015, along with a 4k payrise and all my length of service restored (except for the statutory element, hence the 4k payrise). The other reason was that I stayed close to my store and SD. I even did a couple of super Sundays for them whilst I was "off". Well worth it though.

I'm rather hoping for redundancy again, another 50k + would be quite pleasant. Them back again in 6months and a day.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #61 on: 26-08-19, 05:51PM »
arselicking pr**k!!

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #62 on: 26-08-19, 05:57PM »
ElderEnclave states "morning after" hence a whole day drying on rads, clothes horse or line, not an " energy guzzler dryers" ;)
That works in the current heatwave conditions but otherwise still damp and unaired by morning.  And I do not have central heating either.

I suppose I could handwash day by day but why bother when I have sufficient other tops that can pass as uniform when under a hi-viz?  There is more difference between the various different styles of official uniform tops than these unofficial tops.
« Last Edit: 26-08-19, 06:01PM by gomezz »

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #63 on: 26-08-19, 06:13PM »

I've heard all these excuses for looking slovenly and more besides over the years from staff in any number of depts.

Complete poppycock.

As I explained to one chap who thought he was being clever "have you got a sink at home with hot water?"

"Yes"

"Right, I'll buy you a packet of handwash powder, now off you pop. You've had your friendly coaching on standards of dress. Anymore and it's a piece of paper I'll be giving you"

Problem solved.

My standards are one of the reasons I was invited back after 6 months and one day in 2015, along with a 4k payrise and all my length of service restored (except for the statutory element, hence the 4k payrise). The other reason was that I stayed close to my store and SD. I even did a couple of super Sundays for them whilst I was "off". Well worth it though.

I'm rather hoping for redundancy again, another 50k + would be quite pleasant. Them back again in 6months and a day.
Lol way to stir the pot.  :D

Doris Stokes

« Reply #64 on: 26-08-19, 07:22PM »

Complete poppycock.

"Yes"

Problem solved.

If I recall correctly, redundancies were decided by some sort of analytic (EIRRIC?) so I would imagine your 'standards' had absolutely nothing to do with your rehiring, and your 'staying close to store and SD' had everything to do with it.  8-)

Since there can't be that many people, nationally, who were re-employed after redundancy, and our share price becomes artificially high if we're re-employing donkeys, and at a premium, perhaps Head Office should be having a good look at the circumstances involved here.

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #65 on: 26-08-19, 09:13PM »
My rehiring and associated terms were indeed signed off by my SD and group PM. It was a negotiation. They wanted me back, I had another job which I used as leverage to get my length of service restored in case redundancy came up for me again. Legally they could do nothing about reinstating it for the statutory element of any future redundancy, hence the payrise on top to make my weekly pay higher etc.

It wasn't difficult to be honest, you just have to know your worth and make sure your employer knows your worth as well.

I knew I was coming back before I left. The only question was what could I get out of it. 

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #66 on: 27-08-19, 10:33AM »

Complete poppycock.

"Yes"

Problem solved.

Lol way to stir the pot.  :D

:-* :P :-* :P

cbhubby

« Reply #67 on: 27-08-19, 01:12PM »

Complete poppycock.

"Yes"

Problem solved.

you must have some very weak staff in your store to listen to you spout c**p like that

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #68 on: 27-08-19, 08:37PM »
@Nowanexmanager
You seem to be a very straight down the middle type of tossco manager with a great deal of pride in your company.

Quick question. Do you encourage your GAs to frequent this forum, or would you take exception to the fact that they did?

I ask this because it could seem to some that the fact that you frequent this forum, is the same as you saying that tesco's version of an employee forum dosen't quite cut-it.
« Last Edit: 27-08-19, 08:39PM by optout »
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #69 on: 27-08-19, 08:49PM »
My rehiring and associated terms were indeed signed off by my SD and group PM. It was a negotiation. They wanted me back, I had another job which I used as leverage to get my length of service restored in case redundancy came up for me again. Legally they could do nothing about reinstating it for the statutory element of any future redundancy, hence the payrise on top to make my weekly pay higher etc.

It wasn't difficult to be honest, you just have to know your worth and make sure your employer knows your worth as well.

I knew I was coming back before I left. The only question was what could I get out of it.
So basically you fitted into the clique and could bully staff into making you look good.
As lackofinterest said you're nothing but an a***licking p***k!

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #70 on: 27-08-19, 10:10PM »
 :D :D :D

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #71 on: 27-08-19, 10:23PM »
@Nowanexmanager
You seem to be a very straight down the middle type of tossco manager with a great deal of pride in your company.

Quick question. Do you encourage your GAs to frequent this forum, or would you take exception to the fact that they did?

I ask this because it could seem to some that the fact that you frequent this forum, is the same as you saying that tesco's version of an employee forum dosen't quite cut-it.

I have absolutely no problem with any of my team reading or posting on this forum. None whatsoever. I don't know if they do, I haven't asked, as that is entirely their business.

I think it's a good place to share experiences and give and receive advice. The only proviso I would give (if anybody asked me) would be to be wary of some of the tall tales I think people tell on here.
I've worked for our great company for decades across many stores, most store depts as well as HO and group roles and I have to say I have never witnessed some of the things people claim to have experienced in here.

I think if one takes it for what it is it can be an invaluable resource and at the very least it can be a bit of fun.

Using vlh in my mind is no reflection on the company and its various forums etc. They are two vary different things that can coexist quite nicely.

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #72 on: 27-08-19, 10:25PM »

So basically you fitted into the clique and could bully staff into making you look good.
As lackofinterest said you're nothing but an a***licking p***k!

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Made my night, cheers.

Maybe I am an a**e-licker, I might even be a p***k. That's a matter of opinion. What is a matter of fact though is that if I'm lucky enough to be made redundant again I'll be picking up over 50k. Again.

I paid my mortgage off last time.

This time I may have a round the world cruise.

Work hard, even when not being paid for it (as I said after last time I did several super Sundays in my.old store etc) and you get the rewards.

Now try not to be too bitter eh old chap?

:-* :D :-*
« Last Edit: 27-08-19, 10:30PM by Nowanexmgr »

helpme

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #73 on: 28-08-19, 12:12AM »
There is nothing to be bitter about, you're showing yourself up as the epitome of everything which is wrong with Tesco! Many people do work hard, probably harder than you. But they don't shove their heads as far up senior managers arses as they can. Its called integrity and that's something which is sadly lacking within the companies management system!

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #74 on: 28-08-19, 12:22AM »
 ;D ;D ;D