Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-09-19, 09:59AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60689
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 150
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Uniform, Let's talk.  (Read 11492 times)

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
Re: Uniform, Let's talk.
« Reply #75 on: 01-09-19, 08:07PM »
Ready for the morning?  Sounds like you use one of those energy guzzling dryers.  Apart from which I am not one for putting the washing machine on unless I have a full load as it is not very green otherwise.

I've heard all these excuses for looking slovenly and more besides over the years from staff in any number of depts.

Complete poppycock.

As I explained to one chap who thought he was being clever "have you got a sink at home with hot water?"

"Yes"

"Right, I'll buy you a packet of handwash powder, now off you pop. You've had your friendly coaching on standards of dress. Anymore and it's a piece of paper I'll be giving you"

Problem solved.

My standards are one of the reasons I was invited back after 6 months and one day in 2015, along with a 4k payrise and all my length of service restored (except for the statutory element, hence the 4k payrise). The other reason was that I stayed close to my store and SD. I even did a couple of super Sundays for them whilst I was "off". Well worth it though.

I'm rather hoping for redundancy again, another 50k + would be quite pleasant. Them back again in 6months and a day.

You remind me of a female manager who complained because my uniform was wrinkled and sweaty. I pointed out that this was because I'd just finished help pull a full wagon's delivery up the ramp and into the store(the loading dock had broken)while she and every other manager hid in the office on a, "conference call". I then growled that if she was that offended, I'd give her the uniform and she could take it home and wash it for me. She declined my kind offer. >:D
« Last Edit: 01-09-19, 08:09PM by VladPutin »

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #76 on: 02-09-19, 10:19AM »
To be fair you were well within your rights to give her that answer. There's nothing wrong with uniforms getting creased as a result of you doing as you were told and working hard.

When I was a night manager I would often question people if they didn't look a little sweaty and dishevelled at the end of a shift.

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #77 on: 02-09-19, 09:38PM »
No excuse to be a sweaty smelly b though. Night/Day the customers must be gaging.

VladPutin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #78 on: 03-09-19, 06:40AM »
No excuse for being sweaty?  You've obviously never worked a hard shift. 8-)

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #79 on: 03-09-19, 11:40AM »
 :)