Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-12-19, 03:25AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8672
  • Latest: Keeoe
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62916
  • Total Topics: 1108
  • Online Today: 350
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 95
Total: 96

Author Topic: Line manager movement / appointments freeze 2019  (Read 89374 times)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Line manager movement / appointments freeze 2019
« Reply #250 on: 22-07-19, 03:31PM »
I seem to recall that when the admin/wages was created to assist the manager that took that section over from the redundant compliance managers, it was advertised as a temporary position for a set length of time ??? Now if I'm correct, that should mean that you would return to your previous position. Was this the case,  or have I got it wrong ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

T

« Reply #251 on: 22-07-19, 04:23PM »
I’ve just been told that we have a meeting at 9am in the morning. I am admin/wages colleague 😢

admin and wages are getting pumped now 

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #252 on: 22-07-19, 04:38PM »
Our admin and our wages two are really good. They do a great job and go way above what they should do. Regardless of new tech or proceedures these positions really should stay.

sarah85

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #253 on: 22-07-19, 04:48PM »
No one said it was temporary to me when I applied for the position. Would love to see them do what I do in here as an admin assistant to be fair. Will see what tomorrow brings.

T

« Reply #254 on: 22-07-19, 06:58PM »
Admin going is this the best they can do. Meanwhile a lot of the Senior Team and Team managers walk about in numbers not doing a hands turn. All they are good for is holiday and overtime requests which could be done by a tablet. Then the rest of the time they are holding people back from working. They should close all shops at 10pm and have them ready for trading the next day by 12. The night premiums c**p anyway. I want redundancy. There's a lot of work about just now.

Ashbeck

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #255 on: 22-07-19, 07:20PM »
We only hired a new admin clerk a week ago. None of them in my store called for a meeting tomorrow.

T

« Reply #256 on: 22-07-19, 07:33PM »
Big talk of dotcom going paperless and some admin colleagues getting a lets talk, is this all for the wk 22

Administrator Comment Edited, we've been down this road before. Nomad.
« Last Edit: 22-07-19, 07:47PM by Nomad »

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #257 on: 22-07-19, 08:19PM »
our admin and wages people have no meetings tomorrow either,so could be store specific

T

« Reply #258 on: 22-07-19, 08:50PM »
Nomad thanks  :)

Loner 86

« Reply #259 on: 22-07-19, 09:27PM »
Has anybody heard anything about rolling out self service tills across an entire store starting next year. I'm in an Extra in the Midlands and the rumour is that 1 member of staff will man 2 self service tills. There will be no more normal manned tills in other words.

lessforlife

« Reply #260 on: 23-07-19, 02:53PM »
Any updates on the meeting this morning?

T

« Reply #261 on: 23-07-19, 03:26PM »
Who cares what they do just try to do your job and go home.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #262 on: 23-07-19, 04:54PM »
Has anybody heard anything about rolling out self service tills across an entire store starting next year. I'm in an Extra in the Midlands and the rumour is that 1 member of staff will man 2 self service tills. There will be no more normal manned tills in other words.

I work in a small superstore in the midlands and we have heard gossip about this over the last week or so.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #263 on: 23-07-19, 06:29PM »
it would save the company a fortune not having to pay cashiers,but it would p*** the elderly customers off

Maddie17

« Reply #264 on: 23-07-19, 06:33PM »
Week after next store managers at a meeting in the morning then “dotcom” leads

Hi how do you know this ? And why dot com leads after ?

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #265 on: 23-07-19, 06:43PM »
it would save the company a fortune not having to pay cashiers,but it would p*** the elderly customers off

Adapt or die is what I say to them, they need to get with the times.

T

« Reply #266 on: 23-07-19, 08:01PM »
Heard today that dotcom will be no more in stores.

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #267 on: 23-07-19, 08:21PM »
Are they moving to dark stores.

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #268 on: 23-07-19, 08:58PM »
they might close some that don't make a profit,but I can't see them scrapping it completely

The hooch

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #269 on: 23-07-19, 09:06PM »
they might close some that don't make a profit,but I can't see them scrapping it completely
Well that's all of them then....I thought they all ran at a loss 😂😂😂

SpudChucker1970

« Reply #270 on: 23-07-19, 10:07PM »
Well that's all of them then....I thought they all ran at a loss 😂😂😂

This is correct. Scrap it and see how much money we can save then. It’s a complete black hole for our profits.

patricia

« Reply #271 on: 24-07-19, 12:04AM »
Can we say no to a move with another dept I'd GM with Grocery and take the pay off

Superior Pie

• "It's not my job, But i does it anyway"
« Reply #272 on: 24-07-19, 02:35AM »
Look, in all cases; The new wages system wont be into full effect until they can get it up and running properly and it does what they want it to do. What i am aware of, after having our meetings with our group trainer for MBH (Managing by Hours) is that oracle didn't do what they wanted it to do.
This being that, they are working on something else that could come imminent. On that note with most stores to go over now to working with Hours and not Money as a value anymore, these tablets will fully start to take effect. This admin role will be here long after we have "Team Managers" in the business. regardless of when it starts to accept holiday bookings on it or not

Yes there is a meeting i have heard that is due, which have also been pushed back. Us as Team Managers doubt we will hear anything until at least end of august or later - my personal opinion.
Yes i do think a re-structure is due. Look at all the rest of our competitors. My personal opinion again is that, we wont be for example "Stock Control Manager or Non Food Manager" anymore, we will all be just leaders of the business and go where we are needed.
Same thing have started with colleagues around the shop being trained on all areas. Why wouldn't they do the same to us.

To be fair, its Big Dave's last year. yes we could be a failing business and  with trying to keep the company afloat but all he is doing is making us profitable as a business. Yes its wrong what is happening, i have been through this too many times now, but thankful i am still in a job.
It's Not My Job, But I'll Do It Anyway

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #273 on: 24-07-19, 10:01AM »

There are new security cameras on trial that are for self service. They can tell if you put wine on the scale but weigh as onions etc. They can also scan your trolley as you enter the self service area and as you are putting through your shopping so know if not everything is scanned. The cameras are a success, shrink has been greatly reduced.
They are also trailing scan ad you shop via an app on your phone. Available to only colleagues just now in a store near head office but again it's smart.
Until shrink is resolved on self service and scan as you shop I don't think they will move to rolling out more. It is a huge issue and not covered by the wages they save. There are always trials but not all trials go live. Huge scan checkouts were put in a store I visited, you put your shopping in a belt and the till just scanned the item. The reality is they had to be manned as the barcodes had to be just right or they were not seen. The tills were just quietly removed.

Lostrebel

« Reply #274 on: 24-07-19, 10:14AM »
While on a placement do you receive 90% of the final salary and travel expenses?