Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
16-10-19, 01:29AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61625
  • Total Topics: 1082
  • Online Today: 130
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 97
Total: 100

Author Topic: Line manager movement / appointments freeze 2019  (Read 86520 times)

Adywebb

• VLH Supporter
Re: Line manager movement / appointments freeze 2019
« Reply #25 on: 16-06-19, 10:11PM »
Our night Team managers do nothing. They are nowhere to be found all shift. Some of the most costly managers too with all the premiums. A satellite SM, a deputy, a few shift leaders and ga is all you need.  Can’t wait to see this  ;D
I wouldn't wish redundancy on anyone....even managers - everyone has mouths to feed, families to support etc. We are stronger fighting together rather than being divisive. I’m glad some of the views on here aren’t representative of those in general within tesco and certainly don't represent those in my shop.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #26 on: 16-06-19, 10:23PM »
I am not saying sack all managers just keep a few and give them plenty to do. There has been a blame culture at Tesco for years. Look at all the assistants who go crying to the mangers about what other assistants are or aren’t doing. The favourite seems to be the state someone has left an aisle. A few thousand customers having only just past through. Some GAs need to get a grip in fairness and do the work they say they are so brilliant at. 

Doodah

« Reply #27 on: 16-06-19, 10:54PM »
M360 don't mind the trolls, you've posted some valuable information here many times. Please keep it up  :thumbup:

T2019sackallmanagers

« Reply #28 on: 16-06-19, 11:11PM »
Think m360 got made redundant

;D :D ;D ;D >:( :D
Ohhh don't like some honesty don't you M360?
Living in fairyland you are!
We are not trolls, we just speak the truth! It's called a democracy, Google it if it helps.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #29 on: 16-06-19, 11:22PM »
M360 made a brief appearance a few days ago. He showed up on the users list but had f all to say. Maybe he’s been caught shagging or came to the realisation he’s just a clueless ar**h*le who is screwing us all over to no benefit to the company.

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #30 on: 17-06-19, 12:14AM »

Dotcom Lead?

All the night TMs? Your keeping.

Our Dotcom Lead is merged with Grocery or Non Food.
In terms of night, Forgot to add that paragraph. One or two night managers to keep, as TMs, not on a lead wage.

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #31 on: 17-06-19, 12:45AM »

We are not trolls, we just speak the truth! It's called a democracy, Google it if it helps.

A government based on elected representatives, not exactly comparable to s*** talking on a forum, I'd suggest googling dictionaries before using big words.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #32 on: 17-06-19, 05:40AM »
Day Shift Leaders in Express work a lot harder than night TMs in Extras. Leaving the night premium aside. The basic wage should be better or TMs in this area should be scrapped. 

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #33 on: 17-06-19, 07:38AM »

Seriously  ??? That wasn't even relevant to m360's post  :-X reply #16

M360 made a brief appearance a few days ago. He showed up on the users list but had f all to say. Maybe he’s been caught shagging or came to the realisation he’s just a clueless ar**h*le who is screwing us all over to no benefit to the company.

Err...think he/she did have something to say  ??? reply #16
m360 was a great help regarding giving the heads up to PM's prior to their redundancy cull....took abuse from some, demanding proof of who they were and where their information came from.
Seriously, some keyboard warriors on here need to wind their necks in. The abusive comments made toward someone who hasn't even posted for months, making childish and unwarranted remarks, just to try to entice a reaction is rather sad. Would you be so hostile to someone in your workplace, face to face   :question: methinks not  :-X
« Last Edit: 17-06-19, 07:40AM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #34 on: 17-06-19, 08:59AM »
M360 has in the past given a valuable heads up to people at risk of losing their jobs. I'm sure they have been keeping their head down to avoid being identified as the source of the leak. The personal abuse directed at them is bang out of order

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #35 on: 17-06-19, 09:07AM »
This forum is say what you think. Work place is very different. Here honest suggestions are aired. In a work place you cant make suggestions without others spouting drivel at you. The directors all have a spy on here on a regular basis because amongst all the rubbish there is some good points made on how to improve the company. I have worked alongside some and know a few outside of work. Tesco had the monopoly years ago now they are lost in a competition war which grows year on year. Rates increasing, shops closing, more discounters opening...To think how things have gone in the last decade I wouldn’t wish being at Tesco in another decade on anyone. D  :)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #36 on: 17-06-19, 10:09AM »
"Here honest suggestions are aired" ...."in a workplace you can't make suggestions without others spouting drivel at you"

So that was without "drivel" and an "honest" statement  8-)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #37 on: 17-06-19, 10:12AM »
Lucgeo forum not workplace.

Administrator Comment I think you need to reread the agreement , particularly the second paragraph. I have given you some subtle hints in regards to some of your posts but it seems they went over you head. Nomad.

Ssdd

« Reply #38 on: 17-06-19, 11:29AM »
I'm currently on pre-options and been told they are waiting till the end of this freeze until I can be signed on.

What's the chance there's going to be no sign on after these 6-7 weeks?

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #39 on: 17-06-19, 11:49AM »
The job centre sign on will be busy anyway. 

Walker

• Know All
« Reply #40 on: 17-06-19, 12:42PM »
I'm currently on pre-options and been told they are waiting till the end of this freeze until I can be signed on.

What's the chance there's going to be no sign on after these 6-7 weeks?

They're actually doing a good job of not leaking this time, so I have no idea.

But... Not high? At least initially as they will want to redeploy existing  managers first.
« Last Edit: 17-06-19, 12:43PM by Walker »

Watcher

« Reply #41 on: 17-06-19, 01:11PM »
M60
Have you any news for the people who have welcomed your comments

T2019sackallmanagers

« Reply #42 on: 17-06-19, 04:19PM »
The job centre sign on will be busy anyway.

Yes it will and the tesco management ain't even worth jsa payments. Can't wait for them to be made redundant and realise the only jobs out there waiting for them is £8.21 p/hr

Administrator Comment   >:(

Knuckles

« Reply #43 on: 17-06-19, 04:26PM »
What a nasty person you are. I would not wish my worst enemy to loose their job, they have family too, I don't see why you are so bitter and twisted?

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #44 on: 17-06-19, 07:17PM »
The attitude some people show towards managers on here is a disgrace, yes I accept a few of them are awful but the vast majority do not deserve the abuse some people on here direct towards them. Its like five years olds at school having a pop at the teacher at times.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #45 on: 17-06-19, 07:35PM »
All members have the option of using the "Report this post to moderator/administrator" shown on all posts, the problem some times can be that a n other(s) have replied to the reported post which means it cannot be deleted without making the post(s) made in reply make no sense.

I agree I have seen and dealt with good and bad MM, and it is immature to tar them all with the same brush.

Can we return to topic.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Munchkin

« Reply #46 on: 17-06-19, 09:25PM »
 :the management freeze is I believe due to stock control managers being displaced due to the new structure and routines so some stores are having to reduce stock control managers

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #47 on: 17-06-19, 09:32PM »
Just stock control. A start would be the Discounter format. They are just messing about.

letmego

« Reply #48 on: 17-06-19, 11:12PM »
Hi Munchkin,

is this based on what you think or have heard??

:the management freeze is I believe due to stock control managers being displaced due to the new structure and routines so some stores are having to reduce stock control managers

Pmjd84

« Reply #49 on: 17-06-19, 11:36PM »
The hate against managers on here is so sad. The night managers in my store are by far the hardest working. There’s 2 line managers and the 1 lead night and I don’t see how they can cut down to any less as I have no idea what they’d do regarding holiday etc as it’d mean there would only be 1 manager in and 2 days where there’d be no one. It’s the days managers that I think there’s too many of. We need to go back to having a deputy instead of lead grocery and lead fresh. Counters manager needs to go and should be merged with fresh - especially those that are only open part time now. We’re an average sized superstore with non food; baby and health and beauty taking up 3 aisles - I feel like that should be merged with grocery now as surely doesn’t need its own manager especially in smaller stores.