Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-08-19, 03:25AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8304
  • Latest: baldy69
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59996
  • Total Topics: 1063
  • Online Today: 121
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 40
Total: 41

Author Topic: Company sick pay entitlement over 25yrs service  (Read 4718 times)

Miremare

• VLH Supporter
Hello all

Currently long term sick, trying to make sense of company sick pay entitlement.
Latest policy pdf on our Tesco is 2018, have there been any updates.

As far as I knew it was 6 weeks then 1 week extra per year of service.

Has it changed

Many thanks

Plato

• VLH Supporter
Re: Company sick pay entitlement over 25yrs service
« Reply #1 on: 11-06-19, 03:00PM »
Up to a maximum of 12 or 16 weeks ( latter  used to be at People Person's discretion) . Also depends on sickness already used. Fall back position is 6 weeks if you have used up your sickness entitlement , and have been with the company more than 6 years.

Ntm301

« Reply #2 on: 12-06-19, 11:04PM »
I think its a maximum of 16 weeks now and then onto ssp. Could you tell me how to start a new post please?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 13-06-19, 08:24AM »
You need to register as a member, it's £2 per year  :thumbup:

Global Moderator Comment Donate
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 13-06-19, 08:43AM »
Hello all

Has it changed

Many thanks

Some people can get months off and others can’t even get a week. Depends who you are not what the policy says.

Slave64

« Reply #5 on: 30-07-19, 09:20AM »
Hi can anyone help please I'm off work with an operation been with company for 30 years how long should I get sick pay for?

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #6 on: 30-07-19, 09:47AM »
If you haven't been off in the previous 2yrs then 16wks, if you have been off deduct any other sick from that.
I think policy says previous year but going by what has happened in our store it's more than a year they look back at.

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 30-07-19, 10:01AM »
Hello all

Has it changed

Many thanks

Some people can get months off and others can’t even get a week. Depends who you are not what the policy says.

Rubbish, this is scaremongering again!!

First point, these ‘people’ are with the company longer than the ‘others’ you talk about!

Second point, it’s all done by wages HR system so it is not going to pick and choose who gets what sickness entitlement!

Flunky

« Reply #8 on: 30-07-19, 10:46AM »
12 weeks if had no time off previously, then it goes to SSP

wizard

• Regular Pain
« Reply #9 on: 30-07-19, 12:05PM »
I had 16 weeks full pay after an op last year worked for Tesco for over 30 years ( but took redundancy from stock control in May ) to be fair Tesco we’re very good on return to work as I did less hours ( paid ) for a couple weeks as well . So glad I left with some money now though . Really going down hill

chris9997

• Know All
« Reply #10 on: 30-07-19, 04:39PM »
On sick pay make sure it is coded properly as sick and planned ops in some cases are treated differently , also make sure your sick note is only for the sick period and your line manager does not code any as holidays as this is possibly fraud as I expect the company claims all the ssp element.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #11 on: 30-07-19, 05:15PM »
Don't forget if you're union members you can apply for long term sickness payment, it's not a great deal, also two levels of payment depending on f/t or p/t subs but think it's after 10 weeks off sick?? Check with your rep...

Incidentally, just quick reminder for maternity leave colleagues...Union subs can be refunded for the entire maternity leave on your return...also can apply for birth grant from Union, for yourself and partner can also claim if in union.

Redshoes

• Know All
« Reply #12 on: 30-07-19, 08:55PM »
Any holidays you have booked off during this time will be automatically cancelled. If you run out of sick pay you can request to use some of your holidays so that you have some money coming in.
When you return to work you can have a support plan, you can use sick pay for part of your hours if you have some left. If not you can use holidays or just take as unpaid, you have time to think about it.
Also, your sick entitlement resets on your annual start date. If this falls during your time off you will get some extra paid sick but no idea what you would qualify for but I'm sure someone else on here can tell you.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #13 on: 31-07-19, 06:29AM »
A planned op, plus advised recovery time from op, ( not ongoing sickness absence ) should be paid. After that it's up to 16 weeks, depending on length of service, then you can use up holiday entitlement, coded as such, until all exhausted.

When your reach you annual recruitment date, it should reset as 6 weeks.

Armin

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #14 on: 31-07-19, 11:23PM »
I’ve just had a planned op in early July, signed off for an initial week, followed by an extra week for recovery. Doing a phased return working about 75% of my contracted hours for a week. Been with the company for over 10 years as a GA.

In Julys pay slip it shows ‘sick days 3.0’ in the additional pay information section, plus also under the payments (taxable) section, I have statutory sick pay which seems odd considering my length of service, together with some company sick pay.

I did print out the page from the sickness absence policy relating to planned operations and the reinstatement of the 3 waiting days and handed in with my op date letter, but seems it’s been ignored.

The phased return part will be in August’s pay though I’ve not read anything where a phased return is paid in full. Can anyone enlighten me where abouts this is?

Whump87

« Reply #15 on: 05-08-19, 10:48PM »
Can anyone tell me what happens if I get a sickline on tuesday but I'm meant to be on holiday on wednesday?

TechSupporter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #16 on: 06-08-19, 12:14AM »
Did you ring up duty before your booked holiday shift on the Wednesday to inform the store you were well enough to take your holidays?

If not then its counted as sickness and your holidays are to be rebooked at another time

Redshoes

• Know All
« Reply #17 on: 06-08-19, 03:25AM »
Even without a fit note your holidays are cancelled when you ring in sick. As above poster says, you have to say fit to take holidays now.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 06-08-19, 08:35AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall there was a change of policy regarding this, a few years back??

Something about stating your unwell and providing a sicknote to cover the absence, else it would be coded as holiday??

Redshoes

• Know All
« Reply #19 on: 06-08-19, 05:36PM »
Used to be like that, it now reverts to sick. Something yo do with the three days unpaid sick as if you take holiday and then continue with sick you don't get paid for first three days, again. If sick pay has run out you can request holidays though.

Unsung heroes

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #20 on: 06-08-19, 05:51PM »
It's the other way round with declaring fit or unfit to take hols.  If your off sick with a fit note covering time if then it will automatically over ride your booked hols, but if you go off short term but you aren't fit to take hols you have to declare that or your hols will be paid as hols not sick.

Bean23

« Reply #21 on: 06-08-19, 09:35PM »
If you have holidays booked in system they won't come up for an exception and will go through as holiday, someone has to remove any holidays and re-code as sick. Your manager can have them re-coded by sending a form so you will still have holidays to take.