Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-09-19, 12:47AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60801
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Cash office jobs  (Read 9097 times)

Sjm

• VLH Supporter
Cash office jobs
« on: 18-05-19, 06:59PM »
Has anyone else heard any rumours about the cash office being further simplified and redundancies?
« Last Edit: 18-05-19, 07:03PM by Sjm »

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
Re: Cash office jobs
« Reply #1 on: 18-05-19, 07:26PM »
It has been floating round our store for a while.

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #2 on: 18-05-19, 08:54PM »
Our store manager has said cash office hours are going, as the job is streamlined due to less cash transactions nowadays.

an_anon

« Reply #3 on: 18-05-19, 09:05PM »
They have this grand vision of Tesco going back to basics and once more running as one man with a stall.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 19-05-19, 08:37AM »
Our store manager has said cash office hours are going, as the job is streamlined due to less cash transactions nowadays.

They don't make any money that's how. Business rates through the roof and alot of managers doing nothing.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 19-05-19, 08:58AM »
Customers still use cash, it might be less but still use it. Routines have changed, more single man checks but due to all being on camera and online anyway. There may be changes but for the company the impact on saving hours will not be a big one.

Bluemoon

« Reply #6 on: 19-05-19, 11:24AM »
Does anyone actually just do Cash Office nowadays?
We are the call upon people for change run, dot com picking, checkouts, shelf filling, checkout running, kiosk and csd.

AlexM

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 19-05-19, 12:30PM »
In the store I used to work at the cash admin couldn't work shopfloor due to a back injury, could work checkouts due to dyslexia & couldn't do labels as she had an allergic reaction to the paper.... She spent 30 hours a week doing naff all, mostly. A few people with a variety of odd ailments in that store...

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 19-05-19, 05:50PM »
Suspect we are moving towards cashless society as more and more people use contactless, when it does cash office will then become part of our history.

an_anon

« Reply #9 on: 19-05-19, 08:57PM »
In the store I used to work at the cash admin couldn't work shopfloor due to a back injury, could work checkouts due to dyslexia & couldn't do labels as she had an allergic reaction to the paper.... She spent 30 hours a week doing naff all, mostly. A few people with a variety of odd ailments in that store...

They were allowed to get away with that blatant nonsense?

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 20-05-19, 01:39AM »
There's a long list of people get away with that in our store 😠

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #11 on: 20-05-19, 08:05AM »
Going back to the original post, it's pretty obvious that as cash is being used less and less cash office workload will reduce proportionately.

The same has applied to checkouts with the introduction of self serve and in 20 years time there will nearly no petrol stations.

It is a shame but everyone has to change with the times

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #12 on: 20-05-19, 08:49AM »
Tills still have to have change put into them and self service tills need filled even if only a few people pay cash . Unless we go to a card payment only business I think cash office are as safe as anyone else atm .
Re; petrol stations it's not long since they were telling everyone to buy diesel cars , now they're the spawn of Satan.   For a while we were all being told to buy dual fuel petrol/gas now they're not around anymore . I won't be worrying about petrol stations closing just yet although all going pay at pump only is a possibility.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #13 on: 20-05-19, 04:19PM »

Why are you working at Tesco when you are obviously a consultant of some repute if you can diagnose and decide someone with disabilities is a malingerer with the scantest of evidence in the form of someone who thinks 'they do nothing'

Must be great to be perfect and healthy.

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #14 on: 20-05-19, 05:17PM »
Love it forest gimp ;D

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #15 on: 20-05-19, 05:22PM »

Why are you working at Tesco when you are obviously a consultant of some repute if you can diagnose and decide someone with disabilities is a malingerer with the scantest of evidence in the form of someone who thinks 'they do nothing'

The SM has Terminal Lumbago which he says means he can't do anything but participate in mission critical communications on the phone through an App called "Candy Crush".

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 20-05-19, 05:45PM »

My sentiments exactly.....as a sufferer of a "hidden disability" I often encountered ignorant colleagues who felt obliged to pass comment when I refused to work certain departments as I was covered by a medical exception letter from my doctor.

To the ones who tutted....I used to reply that I was sorry they were irritated by my inability to perform the task due to my disability, but they should try living with it...... :(
To the ones who actually asked "why....what's wrong with you?" I would reply that if I wished my medical condition to be common knowledge, I would have my consultations conducted in the doctor's/consultants waiting room :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #17 on: 20-05-19, 06:09PM »

The SM has Terminal Lumbago which he says means he can't do anything but participate in mission critical communications on the phone through an App called "Candy Crush".

In fairness the SM can do as they please as long as stuff gets done.
« Last Edit: 20-05-19, 06:11PM by forrestgimp »

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #18 on: 20-05-19, 06:42PM »
They still have to be in the store and fulfill their contracted hours, an SM got a final written warning by the AM for doing 12-15 hour work weeks when an SL complained, he was investigated and bollocked for it. Was funny.

an_anon

« Reply #19 on: 20-05-19, 06:52PM »

Don't try being funny when you clearly misunderstand what is being discussed. It makes you and anyone complimenting you look stupid. To clarify, we were discussing one specific individual.

A genuine disability is not to be confused with that individual claiming they have three completely different ailments that perfectly excludes them from doing specific jobs, just so they don't have to get off there arse and do work outside their normal role they don't fancy. That requires no further diagnosis than common sense and seeing through blatant BS.

I can't work newspapers by the way because harrowing headlines give me nightmares.

« Last Edit: 20-05-19, 07:07PM by an_anon »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #20 on: 20-05-19, 07:06PM »
 Duh.....Dr an_anon

Can I get an appointment please.....apparently I'm stupid and lack common sense...as I agree and do believe people have differing allergies i.e. label adhesives, which apparently is BS, even though it is non evident that that person has declared said allergy beforehand, but accused of declaring it on spot as an alleged excuse...

I can do papers though, as I'm illiterate.....due to excessive form of dyslexia so can't read any upsetting headlines  :thumbup:

Please, pretty please, make me as perfect as you  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: 20-05-19, 07:15PM by lucgeo »

an_anon

« Reply #21 on: 20-05-19, 07:16PM »
Duh.....Dr an_anon

Can I get an appointment please.....apparently I'm stupid and lack common sense...as I agree and do believe people have differing allergies i.e. label adhesives, which apparently is BS, even though it is non evident that that person has declared said allergy beforehand, but declared it on spot as an alleged excuse...

Please, pretty please, make me as perfect as you  :-* :-* :-*

Again, trying to be funny but clearly not capable of basic comprehension. One person with one allergy, fine. Two ailments, maybe. One person with three specific issues and more if needed, that means they can only ever do their designated job, unlikely. To clarify, if this same person was asked to work trolleys they would claim that the plastic handles give them eczema and wearing gloves would trigger their psoriasis.

We were discussing ONE person making repeated excuses. One person who will clearly say anything so that they don't have to work on any other department. I suggest you read posts twice and maybe get an adult to help you go over what has been written before commenting in future.
« Last Edit: 20-05-19, 07:31PM by an_anon »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #22 on: 20-05-19, 07:32PM »
And I had a " hidden disability" which prevented me from working on 5 different depts....yet I held my head high and accomplished 25+ years working, and giving my all, on the depts I was able to work, and much appreciated for my high standards thank you.

I achieved much, am highly educated, and treat the likes of yourself with the derision you deserve....so if that makes me an "effing dimwit" who has been made redundant and therefore a danger in the workplace, then I am happy to go and leave it to the likes of yourself....god help everyone if you are an example of the new breed... :-X

Oh I note you have now deleted the paragraph which stated that you understood why people were getting rid of and losing their jobs, and a danger in the workplace......so you aren't prepared to get the backlash of your childish and ill thought remark.....don't blame you  :-X

Oh and now I note you have removed the remark of me being an "effing dimwit"....did an adult tell you to do that.... :D
« Last Edit: 20-05-19, 07:45PM by lucgeo »

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #23 on: 20-05-19, 08:21PM »
Eh people are being deliberately obtuse.

Two simple facts, there are people who fake illnesses/conditions, and unfortunately there are people who are wrongfully accused of doing so.

This is an anonymous website, so no one knows the same level of context for each individual situation as the person posting about that situation. Now that doesn't automatically mean an_anon is correct in his statements, but getting holier than thou and assuming he is wrong/insensitive when you have zero context is silly.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #24 on: 20-05-19, 10:10PM »
Perhaps if you had read an_anon's post, prior to the editing, you would be more aware of the personal offensive, insentative remarks directed toward me, and other colleagues recently made redundant, and may have a better understanding of the context, and appreciate my response was wholly justified and far from silly, and perhaps refrained from giving your own superior opinion on a response to a severely edited part post.
« Last Edit: 20-05-19, 10:15PM by lucgeo »