Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-09-19, 11:17PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60873
  • Total Topics: 1071
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Internal transfer procedure  (Read 1604 times)

scouser95

• VLH Supporter
Internal transfer procedure
« on: 26-06-19, 10:29PM »
Hi everyone, I worked with the company for around 5 years, leaving for a year for personal reasons, stupidly actually leaving instead of taking a career break. I am currently applying to come back and have applied to a local express and have been called in for interview and it all seems pretty positive and I'm expecting to get the job.

However, my old store which I left on very good terms, has just advertised a few contracts which would be perfect for me. My problem is there's only really 2-3 weeks between these contracts and if I were to get a job back at my original store could the express stop me from transferring so early?

I am going to wait to see if I get the express job and then I'm going to put on the application form I currently work within the company or would that read very poorly for management in both stores considering it is so soon?

I don't want to pull out and potentially lose the express job on the hope for a job in my old store because I know if it's applied for internally they will automatically get preference over me and don't really want to discuss with management in case that screws anything up.  Any advice would be appreciated, cheers!

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: Internal transfer procedure
« Reply #1 on: 27-06-19, 01:02AM »
To my knowledge,  you cant transfer stores or even apply for a different job within the same store for 6 months ,

scouser95

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 27-06-19, 01:14PM »
I always knew that once you transferred you can't transfer again within a 6 month period but unsure if that applies to when you first start. Does any union rep or somebody know for definite? Thanks

spacerman

« Reply #3 on: 27-06-19, 03:43PM »
There is a 6 month period in which you can't move, I have seen a SM overrule that for someone only in the company for two months no idea of the circumstances surrounding it.