Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
22-09-19, 11:49PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60873
  • Total Topics: 1071
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 108
Total: 113

Author Topic: Cash office jobs  (Read 9118 times)

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Re: Cash office jobs
« Reply #25 on: 20-05-19, 11:33PM »
I didn't read it no, but my post has no relation to that, and frankly you started the childish antagonist digs at him, so save your self righteousness .

But again, my post wasn't in relation to whatever nonsense he said and then edited, I'll illiterate my point.

an_anon may well be making false assumptions about this specific person, he may not be, but he clearly knows more about the situation than any of us.  So writing mocking posts when you have less information, simply because you think he's wrong is rather short sighted, if anything  you are in the peculiar situation where you are making assumptions about his assumptions.

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #26 on: 20-05-19, 11:57PM »

*a quick edit*
I misread the original quotes, this "specific" person is actually from AlexM's post, so I guess you are both arguing over a situation in where you have no information other than what alex has given your own assumptions lol.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #27 on: 21-05-19, 12:12AM »
So ?? No real information about cash office jobs , just speculation !

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #28 on: 21-05-19, 12:36AM »
They still have to be in the store and fulfill their contracted hours, an SM got a final written warning by the AM for doing 12-15 hour work weeks when an SL complained, he was investigated and bollocked for it. Was funny.

Not the first time its happened and won't be the last, an S.M in a superstore a few years back got investigated for another matter and the people doing the investigation had to go through about 4 days of cctv just to find a single example of him in the shop, and his rota made out he had done 10 plus hours each day.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

alf

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #29 on: 21-05-19, 12:48AM »
So ?? No real information about cash office jobs , just speculation !

Pretty much, though I would make a guess that any change would be trialled first, so if we start hearing about that..

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 21-05-19, 01:04AM »
The good old trial again, you can bet your last penny if something gets a trial in a few stores it will be rolled out to all shops, no matter what the end result.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #31 on: 21-05-19, 07:52AM »
They still have to be in the store and fulfill their contracted hours, an SM got a final written warning by the AM for doing 12-15 hour work weeks when an SL complained, he was investigated and bollocked for it. Was funny.

Not the first time its happened and won't be the last, an S.M in a superstore a few years back got investigated for another matter and the people doing the investigation had to go through about 4 days of cctv just to find a single example of him in the shop, and his rota made out he had done 10 plus hours each day.

Who investigates superstore S.Ms? My understanding is that Superstore S.Ms are the same work level wise as Convenience group AM's, if there's an AM for superstores, i don't want to know how much they're on lol.

an_anon

« Reply #32 on: 21-05-19, 12:11PM »
Perhaps if you had read an_anon's post, prior to the editing, you would be more aware of the personal offensive, insentative remarks directed toward me, and other colleagues recently made redundant, and may have a better understanding of the context, and appreciate my response was wholly justified and far from silly, and perhaps refrained from giving your own superior opinion on a response to a severely edited part post.

My edits were simply making my point more concise and contained no offensive remarks. Nice try though.
« Last Edit: 21-05-19, 12:18PM by an_anon »

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #33 on: 21-05-19, 12:46PM »
I apologise for being so sensitive.....I took calling me an "effing dimwit", stupid and your understanding of why people, like myself, who agreed with Forrest gimp, are a danger in the workplace and deserve to be got rid of, were actually offensive remarks.

Note to myself....stop thinking core values.

Our conversation is now at an end  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #34 on: 21-05-19, 02:20PM »
This page is about the cash office not health. The Team Managers manage the shift let them tell people who is doing what. You find the ones doing the accusing are nosey lazy *****.  Just do your own work and don't ask questions about what other are/aren't doing.

misty-2001

« Reply #35 on: 21-05-19, 04:47PM »
This rumour has been mentioned in our store as well. I personally think that the reality of it is is that the job has now been completely streamlined down from the role it once was. There aren’t many procedures left now especially if you’re in an Autosafe store. Everything is now single manned and the job is being made into a role where ‘anybody’ should be able to go in and do the job. The real cash office staff know that it isn’t as simple as a half a day training then you should be fully signed off on your training card but that is how the people above thinks it should be. Unfortunately the job has gone from 2-3 people working a full shift in the office to a 4 hour a day role

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #36 on: 21-05-19, 05:33PM »
In the store I used to work at the cash admin couldn't work shopfloor due to a back injury, could work checkouts due to dyslexia & couldn't do labels as she had an allergic reaction to the paper.... She spent 30 hours a week doing naff all, mostly. A few people with a variety of odd ailments in that store...

They were allowed to get away with that blatant nonsense?

Why are you working at Tesco when you are obviously a consultant of some repute if you can diagnose and decide someone with disabilities is a malingerer with the scantest of evidence in the form of someone who thinks 'they do nothing'

Must be great to be perfect and healthy.

Don't try being funny when you clearly misunderstand what is being discussed. It makes you and anyone complimenting you look stupid. To clarify, we were discussing one specific individual.

A genuine disability is not to be confused with that individual claiming they have three completely different ailments that perfectly excludes them from doing specific jobs, just so they don't have to get off there arse and do work outside their normal role they don't fancy. That requires no further diagnosis than common sense and seeing through blatant BS.

I can't work newspapers by the way because harrowing headlines give me nightmares.

No you stop trying to score points, You are not entitled to an opinion about this persons disability well you are but you are obviously wrong. You have no clue what is wrong with them but feel able to call them malingerers work shy or lazy, shout about how they do nothing while you do oh so much work. Become a doctor or consultant become their physician then come here and tell us they are full of BS and there is nothing wrong with them.

It is not as easy as you seem to think to be allowed to abstain from tasks that you are unable to do it means going through occupational health amongst other stressful things. As for trying to be funny I was being anything but, you however with the newspaper remark seem to take disabilities as a joke, whats the matter does it upset you when you have to do something they are unable to do?

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #37 on: 21-05-19, 07:41PM »
Three completely different ailments !  In case anybody thinks that that is not possible or probable I have a family member who suffers from 9 ( yes [you]NINE[/you] ) and is on the road to recovery from a 10th ( TENTH ) that occurred.

So lets get back to "Cash office jobs".

Administrator Comment Any "Off topic" posts will be deleted, or edited.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

AlexM

• Know All
« Reply #38 on: 22-05-19, 04:44PM »
I don't work for Tesco any more. I left for a much better paid job with better perks, no bank holidays to work, weekends off, no ridiculous early or late shifts & where I get treated very well & get paid double time for any voluntary overtime I might want to pick up.

Administrator Comment Edited, off topic elements deleted. Nomad

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #39 on: 22-05-19, 05:55PM »
Yep there are jobs out there and decent ones at that, some of us are to old to want to bother trying pasture new unless given a bumper payoff others like their job but for those who hate it Indeed is a great resource.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #40 on: 23-05-19, 06:34AM »
When I first started with Tesco, there were three full timers and two part timers in the cash office....now there's two part timers who do alternate days.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #41 on: 23-05-19, 07:48AM »
Interesting that job has been referred to as cash admin by some. We have cash office, admin and wages colleagues. Is it that the suggestion that it has or it becomes a combined role?

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #42 on: 23-05-19, 08:41AM »
In express, the admin does all of these roles.