Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-09-19, 04:22AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60706
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: merchandising plans  (Read 4442 times)

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
merchandising plans
« on: 09-05-19, 09:40PM »
I realise that this won't be very high on most people's radar but, why do so many of the new 1 in 1 out plans still have Find/Fit errors attached. It isn't as if you will put them out is it :D ;D

madness

• Smart Arse
Re: merchandising plans
« Reply #1 on: 09-05-19, 09:50PM »
its the new merchandising system that has moved that is terrible. cant customise the size of the floorplan worse for printing out plans...

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #2 on: 10-05-19, 12:09PM »
Perhaps more importantly is the enormous workload for week 12. The first week with halved hours, new staff etc.
You'd think someone somewhere would have looked at this .....
couldn't make it up.
beentheredoneit

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 10-05-19, 05:56PM »
Doesn't bother me if it all blows up in their faces....the bigger workload the better it ain't going to get done.👍

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #4 on: 10-05-19, 09:52PM »
Doesn't bother me if it all blows up in their faces....the bigger workload the better it ain't going to get done.👍
I totally agree,as I have been part of the latest staff cull >:D Just thinking of all the folk who have to try to make sense of the new system thought up by some half-wit, who more than likely has never worked instore. >:( Early retirement for me :D ;D couldn't have come at a better time for me (-*-)

Squeeler

« Reply #5 on: 11-05-19, 04:09AM »
The plans were always rubbish... thing never fit... facings and locations get changed by fillers etc so the new one in one out and tick off the rest is just c**p.. no time to keep up standards in the new routines... we merchandisers didn't just move stuff... we cleaned shelves we fixed broken fixtures we replaced bumper and stripping.... new teams have no time allotted for this... stores will look so tatty and tired in no time... I'm glad and sad I got my redundancy... glad cause I would constantly push against this new process and try to execute the old ways with higher standards than are required now... but sad for the people I leave behind... especially the new space rangers... one of our last jobs was to rip out all the base shelves from power aisles 1&2 all but top shelf and capping... to make space for the stack it high sell it cheap pallets... it took forever... imagine the state of the flood under the fixtures  :o anyway it all got done pallets look rubbish and even worse half shopped... but nevertheless it got done... find out my day of exit... Father's Day it's all going back to shelves and the merch team is tiny and inexperienced.... oh dear... best of luck with that!!!!

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #6 on: 11-05-19, 10:49AM »
Before we got shown the door we decided to ignore the palletised plans and just shelved everything. Obviously the muppets at Head Orifice hadn't realised that it is rather hard to overface on a pallet :D ;D >:(

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #7 on: 12-05-19, 08:39AM »
Spaceranger1  :thumbup: You don't want to finish the work too early  :)

Squeeler

« Reply #8 on: 14-05-19, 10:39AM »
Have you seen in the Sun.... Tesco have announced that they are axing  some 8000 lines to compete with Aldi and Lidl... another range reset and they just axed all the experience from the department... this was a cull... nothing to do with simplifying routines... they made me redundant citing a 75% reduction in hours due to simplifying processes... then announce a range reset... sounds a bit like unfair dismissal... they’re lucky I wanted this... 😡
« Last Edit: 14-05-19, 10:48AM by Squeeler »

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #9 on: 14-05-19, 08:33PM »
Reset range would be a pain. We lost our merchandisers, just manager left to do it all :D ....
I am not convinced to huge reduction in range. Tesco is to big to offer nothing. I see it on myself. Visiting extras and leaving without items that I usually been buying makes me frustrated as there is no substitute.  I even had to throw away voucher £7 off if I spend £50, last month.  How it will affect other customers?

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #10 on: 15-05-19, 03:28PM »
Have you seen in the Sun.... Tesco have announced that they are axing  some 8000 lines to compete with Aldi and Lidl... another range reset and they just axed all the experience from the department... this was a cull... nothing to do with simplifying routines... they made me redundant citing a 75% reduction in hours due to simplifying processes... then announce a range reset... sounds a bit like unfair dismissal... they’re lucky I wanted this... 😡
Isn't that why they opened Jacks? :D ;D  Great to see that the long-term strategic planning group is still going strong at Head Orifice >:D
If it wasn't soooo funny, it would be hysterical :D ;D
God help all the poor souls who are left to try to implement the lunatic asylum's plans >:D Seems like redundancy came just at the right time 8)
Must dash, the sun is shining :D ;D

Bluecatblue

« Reply #11 on: 16-05-19, 02:19PM »
I am the last one standing in my store 4 part timers took redundancy as there hours did not fit with heat map I was job matched.  The moves up to week 14 are huge for fresh changes this week, told it's ok I will get some overtime to help you, where from no one left and apparently not needed I get so angry.  My co workers loved their jobs and not want to leave as well

spacerman

« Reply #12 on: 30-05-19, 02:15AM »
Plans have always been bad though lately its been amplified to WTF. I just potter on and will let what happens happen.