Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-09-19, 02:41AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60801
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 89
Total: 90

Author Topic: Stock/Merchandising  (Read 13854 times)

trolleyboy96

• Know All
Re: Stock/Merchandising
« Reply #25 on: 16-05-19, 01:29PM »
Our store hasn’t started the overs from night fill yet, focus on gapscan and target counts. But none of the stock control vacancies have been filled, so it’s the stock manager while on duty doing bits and the admin ast as there’s no recruitment picking up other bits, it’s a shambles to be honest but they are trying.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #26 on: 16-05-19, 01:38PM »
Overs aren't getting done properly,frozen hasnt been touched and the expectation of having everything investigated by the end of the week is a joke,in our store one person (the only person)starting at 6 to me already putting you on the back foot,been doing the targeted counts aswell as gaps and that's pretty much it.Just seems it was all based on lies to get rid of people.....no surprise there.

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #27 on: 16-05-19, 01:43PM »
Our structure is one on 6-11, fresh stock 12-5, then pr scanners x2 in the evening, Saturday it’s oddly 8-12, fresh 3-8 gaps and target counts then pr and then 1 pr scanner 5-9, tight isn’t the right word to be honest!! Merchandiser role not filled been told it’s sun-wed 4-9:30.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #28 on: 16-05-19, 02:46PM »
We have no structure

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #29 on: 16-05-19, 05:02PM »
Our structure is both of us in at 6. 6-between 8 and 9 is OSI, and that’s not including WS or FF overstock. I go to gap scan which takes until around (after) 12 while my colleague does Fresh Gaps and all targeted counts that drop down which takes my colleague the rest of the shift. I jump in and help with counts after doing 535s which takes from around 12-1 usually. Loads of discontinues each day. All while being serviced called and/or packing out areas, just something taking us away from routines. I am now refusing to go to checkouts. Team Leaders said they were reporting me for not going, told them to send the store manager to me and I’d discuss it.

We have PR scanners in 5-9, x2 some nights x3 others. No staff in place for weekend Stock Control yet.

Ashbeck

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #30 on: 16-05-19, 05:56PM »
Our Grocery OSI is being supported by people doing overtime because there aren’t enough hours in the structure for our large store. Fresh and non-food has been quite easy even with vacancies. It’s gone quite smoothly in our store but we had made head start with some things so we were in a good place for Monday. We lost 4 FT and 4 PT stockies.

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #31 on: 16-05-19, 08:43PM »
Glad it’s not just me then!  I know the scheduled grocery has gone and miss match. But would like to know who trialled this?  I’m the most experienced and I don’t mess around just keep going and I found it hard.  If some stores are managing I’d love to know how they are doing it? Is there something I don’t know?  Grocery overs. Grocery gaps. Fresh counts. Fresh gaps. Fresh overs.  (Low lines on fresh )  high value n consumables.  If you don’t finish who picks up what’s left??  Any help appreciated.

We told our manager we hadn’t finished. The counts were just left uncompleted. He questions us as to why and we say this just isn’t working, there’s not enough time.

Like I have always said, your boss hadn't a clue.  It's his and higher to blame.....don't get stressed over it and make yourself ill.  Like I said, ask him to see the heat map 👍

Tommo1961

« Reply #32 on: 17-05-19, 10:31AM »
Our structure is both of us in at 6. 6-between 8 and 9 is OSI, and that’s not including WS or FF overstock. I go to gap scan which takes until around (after) 12 while my colleague does Fresh Gaps and all targeted counts that drop down which takes my colleague the rest of the shift. I jump in and help with counts after doing 535s which takes from around 12-1 usually. Loads of discontinues each day. All while being serviced called and/or packing out areas, just something taking us away from routines. I am now refusing to go to checkouts. Team Leaders said they were reporting me for not going, told them to send the store manager to me and I’d discuss it.

We have PR scanners in 5-9, x2 some nights x3 others. No staff in place for weekend Stock Control yet.

We are on similar structure to you.  But  2 early staff also expected to low line fresh and do overs on long life.

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #33 on: 17-05-19, 01:02PM »
We’re expected to do the low lines too yeah. Haven’t time for the OSI on Fresh.

Lunamoonhare

« Reply #34 on: 17-05-19, 03:45PM »
Not sure how many bods in from 5....

Afternoon starts at 12pm with one person on fresh date code diary, fresh overs, fresh gaps then two staff in the evening for J14 and bakery count.

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #35 on: 20-05-19, 03:39PM »
Anyone know why the 5am start was moved to 6.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #36 on: 20-05-19, 04:48PM »
They would save on Night Premium doing that.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #37 on: 20-05-19, 05:31PM »
Anyone know why the 5am start was moved to 6.

So how many people where made redundant because their availability window earliest start was 6am ???......... Me for one :o >:(
« Last Edit: 20-05-19, 05:35PM by lucgeo »
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #38 on: 20-05-19, 05:41PM »

Just the same as the counters. It was Thurs to Sunday, moved weds to Saturday...all to do.with paying extra for Sunday with extra 0.25 per hour. About time they contaracted managers to Sundays. Amazing how many say no, as they want the overtime. If us ga have to be contractually tomsundays, try managers.amazimg what I hear somedays....lining there pockets

HelpME23

« Reply #39 on: 20-05-19, 05:51PM »
I’m surprised they decided on seven day gaps scans as well since that means paying an extra person to come in on Sundays that wasn’t before

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #40 on: 20-05-19, 06:00PM »
[quote author=msl1791 link=topic=16947.msg227987#msg227987

Just the same as the counters. It was Thurs to Sunday, moved weds to Saturday...all to do.with paying extra for Sunday with extra 0.25 per hour. About time they contaracted managers to Sundays. Amazing how many say no, as they want the overtime. If us ga have to be contractually tomsundays, try managers.amazimg what I hear somedays....lining there pockets
[/quote]

Imagine how much of a nightmare getting Sundays covered will be when it goes down to single rate.
« Last Edit: 20-05-19, 06:02PM by NightAndDay »

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #41 on: 20-05-19, 06:03PM »
On yammer just read they had the option to change hours to 5am start,Just find it off that all these specific times to do jobs and straight away stores do their own thing.
Like I said to my manager today these times are totally unachievable her answer ..... use resource in the store when we need to ..... to be honest sick to death of the political answers.I just replied there's no resource anymore demolition Daves got rid of it all.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #42 on: 20-05-19, 06:12PM »
I’m surprised they decided on seven day gaps scans as well since that means paying an extra person to come in on Sundays that wasn’t before

Which won't really matter when it goes to single time...wonder how many will opt out then?? They will have to employ somebody on a Sunday contract only, for a few hours.....yep can see that working  :D :D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #43 on: 20-05-19, 06:47PM »
Most likely will mean that managers working 1 in every 4 Sundays will be a thing of the past, will also likely mean higher staff turnover for managers unless there's either an incentive for managers to work Sundays or they bring back a premium payment for Sundays for hourly wage colleagues.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #44 on: 20-05-19, 08:16PM »
Most likely all managers will be moved onto a 5 out of 7 contract, suspect they are just waiting until the government decides the Sunday opt out is a burden on business and needs to go

Tommo1961

« Reply #45 on: 21-05-19, 05:41PM »
Well. Into the second week of this fiasco, I wish I could say it’s got better.  Sadly not!  High value took hours this morning mainly due to the amount of stock missing or in trays and the merchandisers moving it!  Couldn’t make it up...

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #46 on: 21-05-19, 05:53PM »
Had a quick look at mismatch today.... hahahahaha..... trial in disaster more like.

YourMum69

« Reply #47 on: 23-05-19, 05:26PM »
Best thing I did was leave.  I was job matched to horrendous hours and told my merch job would merge with job14 and counts.  I was told to ask the staff who were offered redundancy to train me as I was essentially replacing them.  What a horrid situation. I applied for a new job at another supermarket (non rival) and what a totally different atmosphere.  I should have left years ago.  My manager took me leaving personal and didn't speak to me for my last 2 weeks. What a way to end 15 years. There is life after tesco.

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #48 on: 24-05-19, 08:00AM »
Found out today that stores are still doing OSI on promotion lines. How do they manage that!
beentheredoneit

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #49 on: 24-05-19, 11:57AM »
We still do OSI on promotional lines, only because it’s decked with the rest of the Delivery Overs