Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
10-12-19, 03:14AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8654
  • Latest: Tiger
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62821
  • Total Topics: 1104
  • Online Today: 114
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 99
Total: 99

Author Topic: Stock/Merchandising  (Read 14722 times)

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Stock/Merchandising
« on: 14-05-19, 08:27AM »
How is everyone getting on with the new routines with a lower headcount?

Overworked1

• Know All
Re: Stock/Merchandising
« Reply #1 on: 14-05-19, 08:55AM »
All fine here lalalalala

Squeeler

« Reply #2 on: 14-05-19, 10:43AM »
until they tell you about the up coming Range Resets... then how are you going to cope... they always equate to huge moves.... they’re axing 8000 products ... good luck you guys... I’m going to sit at home having just lost my job as a space ranger... and watch this house of cards come crashing down...

HelpME23

« Reply #3 on: 14-05-19, 11:13AM »
Have  the new stock control routines come down to other shops? We were meant to start on Sunday and still there’s no instant gap resets or targeted counts to do, and the gap window has remained the same

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #4 on: 14-05-19, 03:07PM »
In my store, a large extra, theres two of us 6-2, yesterday and today we’ve left counts because we ran out of time.

Gap window for us is open all day though no instant reset (though I am scanning through the old gap scan because low function takes too long.) Don’t see why we need individual labels for every gap, they look c**p anyway. Replenishment is so poor in my shop that this 8-11 expected gap window isnt big enough, yesterday I started gaps at 8 and searched until 1, today I finished searching at 12.

In terms of OSI we took until 7 yesterday and 8 today (fully investigating one aisle today) and that wasn’t with all the delivery overs decked, so it’ll run later too probably.

I havent done counts but it appears more drop down as the day goes on. Far too many for us as a fresh team. Then with consumables still dropping which I thought we got rid of. Then high value as well. Just not enough time.

When is Fresh Gap scan meant to be done, I thought 3-5pm but my manager says we have to do it in our mroning routines.

We also haven’t officially been told our bew routines yet, I justknow it from a document on here. We didn’t do the Week 3-11 event of OSI either so our backstocks are wild.
« Last Edit: 14-05-19, 03:08PM by TheAnonymousWorker »

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #5 on: 14-05-19, 03:21PM »
In my store, a large extra, theres two of us 6-2, yesterday and today we’ve left counts because we ran out of time.

Gap window for us is open all day though no instant reset (though I am scanning through the old gap scan because low function takes too long.) Don’t see why we need individual labels for every gap, they look c**p anyway. Replenishment is so poor in my shop that this 8-11 expected gap window isnt big enough, yesterday I started gaps at 8 and searched until 1, today I finished searching at 12.

In terms of OSI we took until 7 yesterday and 8 today (fully investigating one aisle today) and that wasn’t with all the delivery overs decked, so it’ll run later too probably.

I havent done counts but it appears more drop down as the day goes on. Far too many for us as a fresh team. Then with consumables still dropping which I thought we got rid of. Then high value as well. Just not enough time.

When is Fresh Gap scan meant to be done, I thought 3-5pm but my manager says we have to do it in our mroning routines.

We also haven’t officially been told our bew routines yet, I justknow it from a document on here. We didn’t do the Week 3-11 event of OSI either so our backstocks are wild.

To be honest, the person who thought up the timings on when to do what haven't a clue. High value counts between 1-2pm? Have they ever worked the aisle before? Is there only 2 of you doing 6-2 on ambient and non food?  Just go by what feels best in your daily workload. It will fall into place soon, everything is still red raw. With the gap scan, it resets when you do it via the exceptions screen. Worked for us. I o my use the old way, if I found any instores  all fresh routines are afternoon only. Your manager didn't know much!
« Last Edit: 14-05-19, 03:29PM by msl1791 »

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #6 on: 14-05-19, 03:27PM »
2 for Fresh/Grocery then 2 for Non-Food. Non Food leave at 12.

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #7 on: 14-05-19, 03:45PM »
So no fresh food after 2pm until the potential reductions start in the evening?

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #8 on: 14-05-19, 03:47PM »
Pretty much yep

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #9 on: 14-05-19, 04:01PM »
Wow.  Someone hasn't done the job right...amazing how the SM hasn't picked up on it, as they should have signed it off. Oh well, it will get picked up on the heat map in time.
« Last Edit: 14-05-19, 04:02PM by msl1791 »

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #10 on: 14-05-19, 04:04PM »
Apparently “that’s what the heat map says”. I questioned if we got the rught heat map but I’m told it’s right

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #11 on: 14-05-19, 04:22PM »
Well, you are correct in what you saw on here with the routines. You have been fobbed off, but its your boss and SM who will get called up for it.

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #12 on: 14-05-19, 04:31PM »
Are you Stock Control too msl? How are things in your place?

Also, we keep getting service calls to checkouts, and managers asking us to do other things (yesterday pack bread, today pack papers), are we meant to be taken out of Stock Control now? It’s taking chunks out of our time and we’re already struggling.

HelpME23

« Reply #13 on: 14-05-19, 04:33PM »
Anonymous, you definitely shouldn’t have to do that! In our store stock control aren’t to be called on for anything outside of stock control. It’s been that way since I started but especially now on less hours

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #14 on: 14-05-19, 04:36PM »
We always get taken away, always have, our manager tells us we have to go. My previous manager would never have allowed it but our current one just gets walked over by others and so we go. Can be left on checkouts for ages and its just losses of time we never see back.

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #15 on: 14-05-19, 05:13PM »
Are you Stock Control too msl? How are things in your place?

Also, we keep getting service calls to checkouts, and managers asking us to do other things (yesterday pack bread, today pack papers), are we meant to be taken out of Stock Control now? It’s taking chunks out of our time and we’re already struggling.

Yes I am. It's going fine to be honest. Early days yet, but we are coping with the new routines. We are working with each other, as things are so tight now, if for argument sake one went sick or on holiday who would so the work. But seeing another post about being pushed to other areas, that's awful but not surprising. Don't get stressed, if your seen as trying your best, that's all that matters. I seriously think that it's been done wrong and you have been lied to over routines and heatmap. At the end of the day, your not paid to worry, get stressed, that's your boss and higher ups fault if they can't get things correct. Frustration as it seems, I've learnt not to worry.

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #16 on: 15-05-19, 10:17AM »
What size of store are you in and how many of you are in doing what hours? Similar to mine?

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #17 on: 15-05-19, 12:23PM »
Superstore

2 grocery 2 non food 2 fresh. 6am-9pm    5 days a week varied hours. 8 am weekends, as per heatmap and routine document

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #18 on: 15-05-19, 08:16PM »
How many would you have in for the 6-2 slot Mon-Fri. We used to have 4 in Food (Grocery and Fresh) and 3/4 Non-Food. But our 2 in Food got made redundant, we’re a large extra, and you’re a superstore still with 4 across where we now have only 2. Sounds like ours is severely messed up. Like have people we need been made redundant?

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 15-05-19, 08:42PM »
2 on grocery early, 2 on fresh afternoon, 2 non food.  But grocery and non food work together.  All this is spread over 7 days.  Some of these positions are only small hours, some are more.  But it's a mix of all helping out each other.  No day is easy now to be honest.  Just feel your store has not been thought through.  I would still challenge your boss over the heat map.  If they don't, it shows they have something to hide, and they're not being open and honest.  But when are some of the higher levels honest!
« Last Edit: 15-05-19, 08:49PM by msl1791 »

Tommo1961

« Reply #20 on: 16-05-19, 09:26AM »
Hi.  We are really struggling to be honest.  Still doing grocery overs on Monday at 9am.  Didn’t complete counts and have all breaks. Tues was better but still hard going( consumables + high value) on top of all fresh counts.  Only 2 on for fresh and grocery.  Not sure how the workload has decreased to be honest.  Also are any stores stock control doing the grocery job 14? As this seems to be added to our workload??  Not had briefing on new routines either .

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #21 on: 16-05-19, 10:01AM »
Going the same here Tommo, we aren’t doing Job14 though. Really the only thing it feels is gone is mismatches. We strugged to get round to hitting the targets or fresh overs/lows/counts before all this anyway. We left some counts on Monday and Tuesday. We haven’t had our briefing.

Tommo1961

« Reply #22 on: 16-05-19, 10:22AM »
Glad it’s not just me then!  I know the scheduled grocery has gone and miss match. But would like to know who trialled this?  I’m the most experienced and I don’t mess around just keep going and I found it hard.  If some stores are managing I’d love to know how they are doing it? Is there something I don’t know?  Grocery overs. Grocery gaps. Fresh counts. Fresh gaps. Fresh overs.  (Low lines on fresh )  high value n consumables.  If you don’t finish who picks up what’s left??  Any help appreciated.

fscer

• Regular Pain
« Reply #23 on: 16-05-19, 11:01AM »
It was picked up in a local store to me which on the trial. Just looks like they ignored it. Cutting costs is all their interested in.

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #24 on: 16-05-19, 01:08PM »
Glad it’s not just me then!  I know the scheduled grocery has gone and miss match. But would like to know who trialled this?  I’m the most experienced and I don’t mess around just keep going and I found it hard.  If some stores are managing I’d love to know how they are doing it? Is there something I don’t know?  Grocery overs. Grocery gaps. Fresh counts. Fresh gaps. Fresh overs.  (Low lines on fresh )  high value n consumables.  If you don’t finish who picks up what’s left??  Any help appreciated.

We told our manager we hadn’t finished. The counts were just left uncomplete. He questions us as to why and we say this just isn’t working, there’s not enough time.