Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
23-09-19, 12:02AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60873
  • Total Topics: 1071
  • Online Today: 177
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Stock/Merchandising  (Read 13900 times)

msl1791

• Regular Pain
Re: Stock/Merchandising
« Reply #50 on: 24-05-19, 09:04PM »
Osi on promotional and star lines should be put straight up on the capping. Other stock should be dropped and kept on backstock cages. Promotional really dows need to be reviewed

Tessy10

« Reply #51 on: 24-05-19, 11:46PM »
In my store, a large extra, theres two of us 6-2, yesterday and today we’ve left counts because we ran out of time.

Gap window for us is open all day though no instant reset (though I am scanning through the old gap scan because low function takes too long.) Don’t see why we need individual labels for every gap, they look c**p anyway. Replenishment is so poor in my shop that this 8-11 expected gap window isnt big enough, yesterday I started gaps at 8 and searched until 1, today I finished searching at 12.

In terms of OSI we took until 7 yesterday and 8 today (fully investigating one aisle today) and that wasn’t with all the delivery overs decked, so it’ll run later too probably.

I havent done counts but it appears more drop down as the day goes on. Far too many for us as a fresh team. Then with consumables still dropping which I thought we got rid of. Then high value as well. Just not enough time.

When is Fresh Gap scan meant to be done, I thought 3-5pm but my manager says we have to do it in our mroning routines.

We also haven’t officially been told our bew routines yet, I justknow it from a document on here. We didn’t do the Week 3-11 event of OSI either so our backstocks are wild.

To be honest, the person who thought up the timings on when to do what haven't a clue. High value counts between 1-2pm? Have they ever worked the aisle before? Is there only 2 of you doing 6-2 on ambient and non food?  Just go by what feels best in your daily workload. It will fall into place soon, everything is still red raw. With the gap scan, it resets when you do it via the exceptions screen. Worked for us. I o my use the old way, if I found any instores  all fresh routines are afternoon only. Your manager didn't know much!

Tessy10

« Reply #52 on: 24-05-19, 11:50PM »
Apparently “that’s what the heat map says”. I questioned if we got the rught heat map but I’m told it’s right
think it’s a joke they obviously haven’t done the job or worked in a store

Tessy10

« Reply #53 on: 24-05-19, 11:56PM »
Our store hasn’t started the overs from night fill yet, focus on gapscan and target counts. But none of the stock control vacancies have been filled, so it’s the stock manager while on duty doing bits and the admin ast as there’s no recruitment picking up other bits, it’s a shambles to be honest but they are trying.
totally agree with you

Tessy10

« Reply #54 on: 24-05-19, 11:58PM »

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #55 on: 25-05-19, 07:18AM »
The problem with these new hours is they have been designed in a perfect world where every delivery is fully worked, where your pda/printer doesn't constantly lose signal and where as a stock controller you can spend every second doing just stock control and accordingly can meet the times given.

In reality delivery or backstock is often left or hidden amongst osi, the equipment to do the job needs constantly rebooting and numerous things get in the way (taking customers to products, being redirected to man a till for a few minutes to queue bust  as the shopfloor has no staff in before 10am).

Would love to know who trialled these routines and how they met the times......

pete6872

« Reply #56 on: 25-05-19, 08:02AM »
I just got to say I was not happy when this all happened but my store is getting this all done osi in the morning gap scan done by 12 then over to fresh only 1 full time and one part time member of staff all counts done by 1 pm then fresh gap scan and low line done ever day.

I think its a lack of will from staff just saying and we are a very big extra.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #57 on: 25-05-19, 08:12AM »
They would have been trialled in a balloon. Ring fenced from service calls, all hands, and rumble, to give a positive feedback.

Bit like one of the "unexpected visits" during which, checkouts are banned from putting out service calls, no manager is allowed to take a break once the SM has received the 'phone call from the just left nearby store that they are on their way. The shopfloor has been constantly rumbled, cleaned and tidied by the abundance of staff on overtime. Even the customers would suss something was going on. Oh and one SM's trick is to be "caught" acknowledging a few members of staff with appreciation cards and small gift or flowers.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #58 on: 25-05-19, 08:15AM »
I just got to say I was not happy when this all happened but my store is getting this all done osi in the morning gap scan done by 12 then over to fresh only 1 full time and one part time member of staff all counts done by 1 pm then fresh gap scan and low line done ever day.

I think its a lack of will from staff just saying and we are a very big extra.

Are you ring fenced or do you answer checkouts calls, help nights finish their aisles, do an all hands late delivery, rumble and have you had to cover holidays or sickness yet ??? Just asking?
« Last Edit: 25-05-19, 08:17AM by lucgeo »

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #59 on: 25-05-19, 08:16AM »
A lack of will  would be the result of an employer showing total disrespect for how it treats its employees you get what you sow.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #60 on: 25-05-19, 08:37AM »
The experienced stockies are only away and you should see some of the backstock and top shelf. Full delivery of backstock at times.

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #61 on: 25-05-19, 09:23PM »
In my store, a large extra, theres two of us 6-2, yesterday and today we’ve left counts because we ran out of time.

Gap window for us is open all day though no instant reset (though I am scanning through the old gap scan because low function takes too long.) Don’t see why we need individual labels for every gap, they look c**p anyway. Replenishment is so poor in my shop that this 8-11 expected gap window isnt big enough, yesterday I started gaps at 8 and searched until 1, today I finished searching at 12.

In terms of OSI we took until 7 yesterday and 8 today (fully investigating one aisle today) and that wasn’t with all the delivery overs decked, so it’ll run later too probably.

I havent done counts but it appears more drop down as the day goes on. Far too many for us as a fresh team. Then with consumables still dropping which I thought we got rid of. Then high value as well. Just not enough time.

When is Fresh Gap scan meant to be done, I thought 3-5pm but my manager says we have to do it in our mroning routines.

We also haven’t officially been told our bew routines yet, I justknow it from a document on here. We didn’t do the Week 3-11 event of OSI either so our backstocks are wild.

To be honest, the person who thought up the timings on when to do what haven't a clue. High value counts between 1-2pm? Have they ever worked the aisle before? Is there only 2 of you doing 6-2 on ambient and non food?  Just go by what feels best in your daily workload. It will fall into place soon, everything is still red raw. With the gap scan, it resets when you do it via the exceptions screen. Worked for us. I o my use the old way, if I found any instores  all fresh routines are afternoon only. Your manager didn't know much!

To be honest I don’t find it too bad. I’ve got no staff on one side, they all took redundancy, and I’m doing the routines myself, when I can; I’m not changing my life around to complete routines due to company incompetence, my compliance will be way out, but I don’t mind, I’m doing what I can.
I find the overs take around 1/1.5 hours but our Replen team still deck promo gear and I always leave ‘fill’ stock on the deck and hand it back to the Replen teams - no way am I filling it!
Gap scan taking much less time, despite an always poor daily fill, I know my stock records are there about, I always add in ‘low line’ stock to the gaps to save me the following day.  I remove as I’m going along the scan and take a case to fill the shelf, it honestly only taking max 1 hour, that includes disc line remerch

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #62 on: 26-05-19, 08:15AM »
I find a discounter has opened 5 mins from my store and now nothing goes on the shelf. Too much overstock to leave on the floor  and backstock alway growing.

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #63 on: 29-05-19, 05:54PM »
Hows everyones week been? My store is getting loads of bulk stock in. Anyone else experiencing this? Leads to mad levels of OS and warehouse is crammed to the rafters. Still not getting everything 100% finished. Like no full gap scans yet, but it’s better than Week 1

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #64 on: 29-05-19, 06:07PM »
Had enough working like this, it isn't structured, can't do a good job any more.....SM bleating about gaps at 10.30 have a look at the new routines why don't you.....oh and if you don't recall I'm on my own everyone in the mornings were made redundant.  Seems to think it all going to be brilliant with newbies who pretty much come in and will be going home within the space of 4 hours.....leaving muggins to pick the pieces up.  Never going to forgive the company for what they've done.  Bitter is an understatement.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #65 on: 29-05-19, 06:20PM »
The stock levels are a mess. You get bulk in of items not on/going on promo. It is inconsistent sometimes back stock is growing and other times you don’t have a case to fill a shelf. It is embarrassing at times popular star lines lie out of stock for days if not weeks. Have seen people taking one case from a delivery cage and just putting the rest in the back waiting on the next shift where it’ll all disappear.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #66 on: 29-05-19, 08:36PM »
Its new system. Send lot of stock in one go to save time. Last 3 years I've see ridiculous levels of random items.  In old days we had few ofds/ pallets but now they take so much space that we running out of space to unload 1  grocery and 1 fresh delivery. Its mostly because there is no one to work the stock. Other issue i see is restricted fill on spirits. Dozen ofds in warehouse but we can put one bottle on the shelf.  New lines not done as merchandising team left.  Discontinued stock not touched.

Tommo1961

« Reply #67 on: 29-05-19, 10:24PM »
Restricted fill is a joke...  I mostly ignore it!  If it’s off sale I stick few bottles out can’t sell it in back. to be honest if they are going to steal the will just steal something else!  The answer isn’t to hide stock from genuine customers.  Then spend half hour looking for key to lock up for a bottle of jd

spacerman

« Reply #68 on: 30-05-19, 02:24AM »
When we had more hours on Merchandising we could fix the nonsense that managers decided needed to happen in their department (it never increased sales).

Now we have them asking why do we have so many gaps? Why is my shrink so bad?

Maybe its because you have taken a product that has a facing of 2 and increased it to 6 with no remapping, or moved it because it looks better *facepalm* 

I silently watch, scratch my head and ask why are they being paid so much when basic logic eludes them.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #69 on: 30-05-19, 11:18AM »
It increases sales when you have a star line with a few flavours which all sell great. You can put a few extra case out of one type to fill the shelf while waiting on the others to come in.

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #70 on: 30-05-19, 02:43PM »
Whats the latest people have had OSI decked on the floor? I had a mountain today, knocked me hours behind. Didnt get routines finished and managers are looking at me wondering why not. Asking what routines they want prioritised and they’re saying “can’t you do it all?”. Madness.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #71 on: 30-05-19, 02:52PM »
And you reply.....if I could then I would, but I can't so I shan't. Is this your permanent workload or are you waiting on vacant hours to be filled to replace the ones who have left??if it's to be your regular job description, then ask for it to be printed out as to show your daily tasks and time allocation.
If it is unachievable, then ask for a capability study.

TheAnonymousWorker

« Reply #72 on: 30-05-19, 03:09PM »
Waiting on a new start to lighten the load

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #73 on: 30-05-19, 06:24PM »
So until then just carry on as you are and do what you can. If management keep querying why you haven't finished, just tell them if they pay you double rate, then you'll endeavour to do two people's workload  ;)

King1999

• Regular Pain
« Reply #74 on: 30-05-19, 10:44PM »
I’m not getting any help so basically I’m just taking the p**s, a bit like the company does to us everyday.😬👍🏻