Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-09-19, 02:09AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60801
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 104
Total: 108

Author Topic: Flexi Hours & Scheduler  (Read 5249 times)

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
Re: Flexi Hours & Scheduler
« Reply #25 on: 12-05-19, 10:34AM »
You need to fill out form with minimum and maximum hours you are available to work. You need to be flexible if on a flexible contract. The forms should be done annually and when your circumstances change. You can also write in comments at the bottom, as in "available on additional days only during holidays from uni".

There are rumours that the new update to whole store scheduler will issue flexi hours but at the moment it's not doing so and I think it feels like a while off being ready. The tablet is only as good as the info it is given. It is a lot of work and certain Depts in stores are better at using it then others. At the moment if the tablet issues flexi hours we will end up with hours in wrong place as all managers have to move shifts in tablet to what people are actually working and update daily with sick etc. It is only as good as the info it is given.

Unsung heroes

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #26 on: 12-05-19, 02:10PM »
You can opt out of any Sunday by using a opt out form but be aware as if you do this then your saying you can't work them period so if you work one here and there then you are falsely filling in a company form and Therefore leaving yourself wide open to your managers interpretation of the available hours you can work.
As a flexi you do need to have a set window of flex otherwise your not a flexi. I believe if your contracted to say a Tuesday then you need to be able to flex 15 hours either way giving you a flex window of no more then 36.5 hours which is stipulated in your contract

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #27 on: 12-05-19, 05:14PM »
Please forgive me , a bit off topic.

"[you]if you do this then your saying you can't work them period[/you]", NO your not, you're saying I no longer want to work every Sunday.  After completing opt-out you can no longer be forced to work Sunday as Sunday working no longer forms part of your 'contracted' hours, but you can work a Sunday if you are requested to do so and are happy to do so.

"[you]if you work one here and there then you are falsely filling in a company form[/you]", NO your not, you have filled in a legal document.  The ramifications of which you must not suffer detriment for.

"[you]leaving yourself wide open to your managers interpretation of the available hours you can work[/you]", MM can interpret all they like but there's nothing they can do about your decision.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Sam29

« Reply #28 on: 13-05-19, 04:33AM »
A colleague of mine has been told he had to move his hours,but  because he couldn’t  start earlier than he already does because of transport issues they have now given the hours he has done for years to someone and moving his to a later start. Can anyone give me the link to the policy that’s states you can’t give your hours to someone else.
Thank you