Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-09-19, 03:54AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60705
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 90
Total: 92

Author Topic: 24 Hour Flexi Notice  (Read 3429 times)

Phoenix

24 Hour Flexi Notice
« on: 20-06-17, 08:42PM »
Dear friends,
A good friend of mine having some issues at a Tesco store he works in, and wanted me to ask a few questions for him.
He is concerned about 24 hour flexi notice, as his team does the shift changes and cover for sickness, very informally.
I want to know how can you be given your 24 hour notice? For example, if you have 2 days off in a row, Monday and Tuesday, and they want to find cover for Wednesday, can they contact you on your day off and ask you to do the shift?
For example, can they just send a text message to your phone, or do they need to call you and talk to you, or do they need to do it in person and in writing?
I would appreciate the answers! Thank you.

Terrahawk2016

Re: 24 Hour Flexi Notice
« Reply #1 on: 21-06-17, 12:23AM »
The process is they must contact you from a works number & ask you personally to work the hours they need covered!

I know alot of dept in the store I used to work in did it informally via txts from team leaders etc & while that is fine if you dontind that form of communication then ok but the process should be they pick up a phone again a works phone not a personal mobile and contact you to work a shift.

Hope this helps

Phoenix

« Reply #2 on: 21-06-17, 03:50AM »
Thanks for the reply.
What if he doesn't answer the phone, for whatever reason, then what happens then? Can he get in trouble for not answering phone calls on his day off?

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 21-06-17, 06:34AM »
No he can't get into trouble if he doesn't answer the phone he is not on call.

Cynical77

« Reply #4 on: 23-06-17, 01:04PM »
What does it matter what type of phone they phone you on. I.E. Work or personal...?

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #5 on: 23-06-17, 01:42PM »
Text messaging has the advantage of being a record what was agreed.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

claden

• Smart Arse
« Reply #6 on: 23-06-17, 02:32PM »
A text message is just a record of the request, not a  record that it has been seen or agreed.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 23-06-17, 03:38PM »
Doesn't your phone keep a record of the whole exchange of texts?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 23-06-17, 05:11PM »
There was no exchange of texts? The txt message and call were ignored, and rightly so!!

It's your day off, you are not shackled to Tesco, as much as they'd like you to be! Unless you confirm their request then they should not be expecting you to attend for that shift!

Dear God, I don't envy the new workforce of the future! There'll be lines of queuing people outside the store on a daily basis hoping to be given a days work, like back in the depression of 30's  :'( :'(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 23-06-17, 05:40PM »
There was no exchange of texts
There is always an exchange of texts when I am agreeing to vary my usual shift pattern or not acceding to the request to vary it.

Nikkih4586

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #10 on: 28-04-19, 04:35PM »
Did not know how to start new thread.
Global Moderator Comment Go to the section you wish to create a new thread in (after checking none suitable exists) and look for "New Topic" button.

Can managers flex you up for eight weeks just to cover the shifts where there are not enough staff, if so can they do this straight away or does it depend on peoples availability ?