Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-09-19, 03:19AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60705
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 96
Total: 102

Author Topic: false advertising?  (Read 1319 times)

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
false advertising?
« on: 13-06-19, 05:29PM »
Hi,

I couldn't create a new thread maybe a moderator could move this into a separate thread. Anyway a friend of mine recently applied for a job at Tesco as she likes the new part time odd hour jobs that are on https://www.tesco-careers.com/search-and-apply/?nodeId=1206&type=1&page=1&radius=10

and she has successfully got the job today however she raised a complaint as in the job application it states (on all jobs actually!)

Subsidised canteen
An annual bonus scheme

She's told her manager she expects to be compensated as the job perks were falsely advertised when she applied for the job and it's still on their careers website. I said there's not much you can do about it as Tesco aren't breaking the law?

but they are breaking the law. false advertising?

SpudChucker1970

Re: false advertising?
« Reply #1 on: 13-06-19, 05:37PM »
Hi,

I couldn't create a new thread maybe a moderator could move this into a separate thread. Anyway a friend of mine recently applied for a job at Tesco as she likes the new part time odd hour jobs that are on https://www.tesco-careers.com/search-and-apply/?nodeId=1206&type=1&page=1&radius=10

and she has successfully got the job today however she raised a complaint as in the job application it states (on all jobs actually!)

Subsidised canteen
An annual bonus scheme

She's told her manager she expects to be compensated as the job perks were falsely advertised when she applied for the job and it's still on their careers website. I said there's not much you can do about it as Tesco aren't breaking the law?

Stop moaning and get on with it. The bonus isn’t guaranteed and the canteen was just a niceity. Nothing that affects the contract or terms and conditions of the job. This new colleague seems like the sort that no one would want in their store, just trying to pick at everything. No wonder they were previously unemployed.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 13-06-19, 05:42PM »
I was the type that no one wants in Store and I earn more than an SM.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #3 on: 13-06-19, 05:49PM »
 :thumbup: :)

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 13-06-19, 05:53PM »
Hi,

Subsidised canteen
An annual bonus scheme

Stop moaning and get on with it. The bonus isn’t guaranteed and the canteen was just a niceity. Nothing that affects the contract or terms and conditions of the job. This new colleague seems like the sort that no one would want in their store, just trying to pick at everything. No wonder they were previously unemployed.
they took the job under false pretences. why shouldn't they say something. hope they choose a job with a honest company in future

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #5 on: 13-06-19, 07:48PM »
Hi,

I couldn't create a new thread maybe a moderator could move this into a separate thread.

Defeats the object of offering those who support the continuance of VLH some little extra benefits.

Please read [you]VLH Supporter Benefits[/you]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.