Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
24-06-19, 10:48AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 57792
  • Total Topics: 1018
  • Online Today: 171
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Managers pay  (Read 21804 times)

Mangomuncher

Re: Managers pay
« Reply #50 on: 01-06-19, 12:13PM »
I don't know but the night TMs in our place are the biggest waste of money ever never on the shopfloor.

What's funny is when good shop floor staff become managers they suddenly realise how much gets done away from the shop floor.
I worked my arse off through three replacements ...
I still work my arse off doing 11 hour days on average 6 days a week (admittedly Sunday is paid)
... funny that I had a staff member complain other day I want filling shop floor ... I spoke to them about my day they was gobsmacked at my workload.
Some mangers do have it easy ... most don't
I would rather have the pleasure to be able to come in and fill all day ... my work life would be so much easier

Twinkeltoes1

• Know All
« Reply #51 on: 01-06-19, 05:26PM »
Why would any person with any common sense work 11 hr days, if it cannot be completed in 8hrs then leave it, that's what I did on many occasion, sorry but loyalty works both ways and as far as Tesco is concerned  they demand loyalty but don't give it down the chain. You are not thought of any more by 11hr shifts and please don't bring out old adage about its  down to pride.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #52 on: 01-06-19, 05:41PM »
The only time you’ll see managers stay late in my old place is on Sunday when they are getting paid for it extra. They are either out before the GAs or no more than half an hour after them.  The managers get good money at Tesco when you compare other retailers. It is the GA wages which fall short of other retailers. 

Teddybonkers

« Reply #53 on: 01-06-19, 06:18PM »
Why would any person with any common sense work 11 hr days, if it cannot be completed in 8hrs then leave it, that's what I did on many occasion, sorry but loyalty works both ways and as far as Tesco is concerned  they demand loyalty but don't give it down the chain. You are not thought of any more by 11hr shifts and please don't bring out old adage about its  down to pride..

Brainwashed?

Lostrebel

« Reply #54 on: 10-06-19, 07:07PM »
Would anyone have any ball park figures for new team managers, lead team and store managers starting wage?

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #55 on: 10-06-19, 07:12PM »
Team Managers 22k a year (20.8k a year on options),  Express Store Manager 26k a year (23.4k a year on options) Lead Manager 28k a year.

TheHound

« Reply #56 on: 10-06-19, 07:58PM »
I don't know but the night TMs in our place are the biggest waste of money ever never on the shopfloor.

What's funny is when good shop floor staff become managers they suddenly realise how much gets done away from the shop floor.
I worked my arse off through three replacements ...
I still work my arse off doing 11 hour days on average 6 days a week (admittedly Sunday is paid)
... funny that I had a staff member complain other day I want filling shop floor ... I spoke to them about my day they was gobsmacked at my workload.
Some mangers do have it easy ... most don't
I would rather have the pleasure to be able to come in and fill all day ... my work life would be so much easier

Fat people and cripples and can be managers. Fat people and cripples couldn't fill for more than a few hours, at most.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #57 on: 10-06-19, 08:45PM »
You after taking Vladputins crown or are you him with a new alias.....at least Vlad's quite funny at times with his ' near the knuckle" comments.....you are just an ignorant troll :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #58 on: 10-06-19, 09:02PM »
I have seen plenty of fat/crippled filling all shift.

overworkedexpresslad

« Reply #59 on: 10-06-19, 09:04PM »
Team Managers 22k a year (20.8k a year on options),  Express Store Manager 26k a year (23.4k a year on options) Lead Manager 28k a year.

Not sure if any express store managers are on that money...… I know some express store managers are on nearly £40k a year and its not even if they work and earn what they are paid.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #60 on: 10-06-19, 09:07PM »
Why work when a few daft shift leaders will pick up the slack.

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #61 on: 10-06-19, 09:30PM »

Not sure if any express store managers are on that money...… I know some express store managers are on nearly £40k a year and its not even if they work and earn what they are paid.

Express Store Manager starting salary is 26k a year (after passing options) that can rise up to 50k a year (55k a year with Esso supplement if SM of a Cat 4 Esso Alliance store).

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #62 on: 10-06-19, 10:15PM »
50k to run a newsagents I wouldn’t give them anymore than 30k.

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #63 on: 10-06-19, 10:31PM »
Cat 1 stores are basically newsagents (and that's where starting 26k a year SMs will likely be located) Cat 4 Esso Alliance fuel stores can take as much as superstores yet have 10% of the staff.

blitz

« Reply #64 on: 13-06-19, 06:46PM »
Cat have been replaced with band
a b c d e f cat 10 now = band a

There are details sitting on g drive hidden away :)

Store I was at previous was  band b  pay range not including location planning was 21000 to 31500
« Last Edit: 13-06-19, 06:48PM by blitz »

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #65 on: 13-06-19, 06:57PM »
i keep telling people they must be mad to go for a shift leader role. if they don't listen then more fool them! no sympathy! >:D

Smiler

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #66 on: 13-06-19, 11:23PM »
Personally I would have put it as 'overweight/disabled'.

Smiler

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #67 on: 13-06-19, 11:29PM »
You after taking Vladputins crown or are you him with a new alias.....at least Vlad's quite funny at times with his ' near the knuckle" comments.....you are just an ignorant troll :-X
Totally agree with you. So ignorant and very rude

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #68 on: 13-06-19, 11:40PM »
Personally I would have put it as 'overweight/disabled'.

Smiler  :thumbup: Spot on!

It was someone else’s wording not mine. Someone was saying they can’t fill for more than a few hours.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #69 on: 14-06-19, 10:40AM »
Administrator Comment Managers pay
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

chris9997

• Know All
« Reply #70 on: 14-06-19, 11:19AM »
Why would any person with any common sense work 11 hr days, if it cannot be completed in 8hrs then leave it, that's what I did on many occasion, sorry but loyalty works both ways and as far as Tesco is concerned  they demand loyalty but don't give it down the chain. You are not thought of any more by 11hr shifts and please don't bring out old adage about its  down to pride.
i could not agree more when I was offered team leader some years ago I was told I would have to stay behind sometimes without extra pay to finish what others had not , now I don’t mind staying the odd ten minutes but past that is not an option I didn’t get the job . That is pride , not being mad3 a mug of .
I once said to a team leader who was doing extra without extra pay what’s it like being paid less than everyone else, didn’t get the point.

Toscoinsider

« Reply #71 on: 14-06-19, 08:02PM »
I know this is unrelated to the subject but I am about to go on an express sm placement and was unsure whether I should continue to wear tesco uniform or now wear my own smart clothes like all the sm do on my group????

DJL

• Regular Pain
« Reply #72 on: 14-06-19, 08:07PM »
Dress up to the role Toscoinsider

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #73 on: 14-06-19, 08:27PM »
Change of tactic. Just swagger in with an old Tesco jacket zipped up and a job site radio and tell crew you are here to do business. Roll up your sleeves and do every job an assistant can do and your extra. Do you honestly think the customers like seeing lots of suit jackets about people don’t wear these to work without them paying overinflated food costs. Remember and tell them the job is yours or they’ll be hearing from you.

penguin

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #74 on: 14-06-19, 10:33PM »
I know this is unrelated to the subject but I am about to go on an express sm placement and was unsure whether I should continue to wear tesco uniform or now wear my own smart clothes like all the sm do on my group????

Own smart clothes.
Tesco - the moden day word for workhouse