Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-09-19, 01:59AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60801
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 87
Total: 89

Author Topic: Managers pay  (Read 27289 times)

Decco1

• VLH Supporter
Managers pay
« on: 14-04-19, 10:44AM »
Does anyone know the pay bands for managers? E.g starting salary for a day manager, and a night manager? And how does it work with pay rises / negotiating pay after being appointed for a while?

If anyone has any info that’d great

DJL

• Know All
Re: Managers pay
« Reply #1 on: 14-04-19, 11:09AM »
Huge questions, although the bands have been reduced they are still quite complicated.

All based on store turnover and the role, length of time in job ect

If your a newly signed off manager and have met review, you should get decent pay rise % this year

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 14-04-19, 07:41PM »
If you've been recently signed off, congratulations, as I was starting to think a CA taking the next step was a myth  ???.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 14-04-19, 08:27PM »
Does anyone know the pay bands for managers? E.g starting salary for a day manager, and a night manager? And how does it work with pay rises / negotiating pay after being appointed for a while?

Department manager at superstore pays 24k-32k a year (21.6k while on options) Night Managers pay 30k-45k a year (depends on category store, department and experience)

Express Store Manager pays 26k-50k a year (23.4k a year while on options) (category store, department and experience)

Lead manager in superstore pays 38k-55k a year  (department and experience)

Area manager in express pays 55k - 70k a year (experience and size of area coverage

SOM convenience 38-50k a year (experience and area coverage) 

People Partners 42-55k a year (experience, qualifications and area coverage)

Superstore SM 70k-110k a year (based on experience and category store).
« Last Edit: 14-04-19, 08:28PM by NightAndDay »

Mrs sparrow

« Reply #4 on: 14-04-19, 09:16PM »
I'm a manager in an Extra and I would love to be on £24k. I'm not newly signed off, and I've always had good reviews.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #5 on: 14-04-19, 09:24PM »
Mrs Sparrow, if you don't mind me asking, how much are you on? Shift Leaders who work Sundays full time are on 20k a year, with a bit of overtime, they can easily make 22k a year, department managers being the next step up should be on at least 24k a year (unless you're on options and haven't been signed off meaning you'll be on 90% of 24k a year).

Thailand

« Reply #6 on: 14-04-19, 10:16PM »
Your numbers are out massively,line managers start on 22k and lead on 30k,night line managers 22k plus 4100premium,lead night 30k plus 5100 premium.Store managers of superstore up start on 44k and will increase with the higher category store your in,each store has a pay bad for each role and if your above the pay band and get a met review you wont get a pay rise until the pay band catches up to your pay,people partners are on same pay bracket as lead managers and would start on 30k

TheHound

« Reply #7 on: 14-04-19, 10:17PM »

Department manager at superstore pays 24k-32k a year (21.6k while on options) Night Managers pay 30k-45k a year (depends on category store, department and experience)

Express Store Manager pays 26k-50k a year (23.4k a year while on options) (category store, department and experience)

Area manager in express pays 55k - 70k a year (experience and size of area coverage

What in the Seven Hells is a, "People Partner" and what do they do that justifies 42 - 55 grand a year? 8-)

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #8 on: 14-04-19, 10:44PM »
People partner is the rebranding of Personel Manager, and they have to know enough about employment law to protect the company, ideally they would have a CIPD accredited degree in Human Resources or similar (that would make them worth the high 40's-50) they also have to balance the interests of the company with resolving issues amongst staff in a way where everybody is satisfied with the outcome.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #9 on: 15-04-19, 01:02AM »
in my experience they s*** on staff more often than a budgie does on sandpaper. (anyone for cuttlefish?).
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

madness

• Smart Arse
« Reply #10 on: 15-04-19, 01:30AM »
Im on the higher end of the scale but I don't just live in my department box. If staff in dot com have an issue I help them ie a holiday query etc or sickness that needs covered in dairy I will try to sort it if the manager isn't around. Some managers don't do a thing for other deprtments then wonder why they are still on 21k.

TheHound

« Reply #11 on: 15-04-19, 06:18AM »
People partner is the rebranding of Personel Manager, and they have to know enough about employment law to protect the company, ideally they would have a CIPD accredited degree in Human Resources or similar (that would make them worth the high 40's-50) they also have to balance the interests of the company with resolving issues amongst staff in a way where everybody is satisfied with the outcome.

Ah, the old Pointless Managers. The only people who do even less work than department managers. Which in itself is quite an achievement.

We have one who turns up ever couple of weeks, sits on her backside in the office for an afternoon, and manages - pun intended - to leave without talking to any real workers. Last time she was here, her sole contribution was to put up the notice telling staff about how the Rest Bite is being closed down and we can all live off microwave food. Yeah, she really earned her wage that day!

Mangomuncher

« Reply #12 on: 15-04-19, 06:28AM »

Where you getting this from??
I'm "New" to the role as several managers in my superstore we are all in 22.5k
Manager in superstore can go up to 29 it seems but they have been here forever.
The lead managers in my superstore are on 28+
Your pay rates look more like extra ( 24k+ manager and 30k+ senior)

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #13 on: 15-04-19, 09:25AM »
Shift leaders going from Express to department managers at superstore start on 24k a year (after completion of their options trial which should last 3 months, during which they recieve 90% of their salary (21.6k).

I'd imagine department managers being paid 22.5k must be only applicable in Metro stores because 24k is the minimum in superstore (any lower and it wouldn't be worth going from Shift Leader to Department Manager).

Decco1

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #14 on: 15-04-19, 01:44PM »
Thank you for all your responses. Interesting to finally get some info

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #15 on: 15-04-19, 06:37PM »
When did they start paying options candidates?

Mangomuncher

« Reply #16 on: 15-04-19, 08:04PM »
Shift leaders going from Express to department managers at superstore start on 24k a year (after completion of their options trial which should last 3 months, during which they recieve 90% of their salary (21.6k).

I'd imagine department managers being paid 22.5k must be only applicable in Metro stores because 24k is the minimum in superstore (any lower and it wouldn't be worth going from Shift Leader to Department Manager).
I'm in superstore and every bottom manager is on 22.5... I know people in extras starting on 24...

TechSupporter

• Regular Pain
« Reply #17 on: 16-04-19, 03:18AM »
@Forestgimp. Options candidates are only paid at 90% of sign off rate whilst they are on placement and delivering a manager role. They wouldn't be paid this month to simply complete a few works shops etc.

filling-machine

« Reply #18 on: 24-04-19, 02:18AM »
Manager pay varies wildly from individual to individual. I'm in an 800k Superstore and our night lead gets 46k plus night premium, there will be others in very similar stores who'll be on 15k less.

blitz

« Reply #19 on: 25-04-19, 06:35PM »
Coz he's old skool :)

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #20 on: 25-04-19, 07:28PM »
Manager pay varies wildly from individual to individual. I'm in an 800k Superstore and our night lead gets 46k plus night premium, there will be others in very similar stores who'll be on 15k less.

Good job they are laying off people on less than 10k a year then who actually work.

Kingdong

« Reply #21 on: 26-04-19, 07:46PM »
F**k managers pay rises.  What about us normal workers especially night shift, get screwed over all the time with pay rise.  And as for our 2.56% bonus, think it's a joke.  Company is making billions and that's what we get.  F**k the colleagues Drastic says.

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #22 on: 26-04-19, 08:03PM »
Hi king, you ok, sounding mad there?!  Chill out!

You get bigger wage % rise than I ever will, we will get the same bonus %, so although I get the reason behind your tone, it is not the ‘managers’ that make these decisions!

H20

« Reply #23 on: 26-04-19, 10:50PM »
I work in a superstore and I’m on 30k plus as a department manager and the lowest department manager is on 23.5k, It’s all to do with how long you have been with the company

Hammer10

• Smart Arse
« Reply #24 on: 27-04-19, 02:05AM »
Any manager who is above the current pay scale do not get pay rises anymore until they are aligned with the new scale.