Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-09-19, 06:19AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60730
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 90
Total: 95

Author Topic: voluntary redundancy  (Read 5630 times)

beahead

• VLH Supporter
voluntary redundancy
« on: 13-04-19, 02:29PM »
Hi I was wondering our dept is over hours according to. Heat maps, could I ask for voluntary redundancy? They say under hours on some other departments but I could not work those areas as health related issues.  I am thinking as a lot of alternate vacancies will he taken by affected colleges from sc and deli, there won't be anything else left.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
Re: voluntary redundancy
« Reply #1 on: 13-04-19, 03:15PM »
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

beahead

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 13-04-19, 03:27PM »
I am. Not on deli or. Stock control, I am on csd, and apparently we are over manned by 30 hours, quite how they come to. That is beyond me, clearly never worked in a store those who. Work. This rubbish out, I. Have certain health issues that unable me to do. Heavy work, osteoporosis, and still not in remission from cancer. I. Was thinking if I can't work other departments, I could maybe put up. A case for voluntary redundancy, I am on an old non flexible contract 

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 13-04-19, 04:51PM »
Sad to say that Tesco took the option of voluntary redundancy, proposed by usyawn, off of the agenda.
Chances are so many people would have applied just to escape :D ;D

Batmanjo

« Reply #4 on: 13-04-19, 08:42PM »
I am. Not on deli or. Stock control, I am on csd, and apparently we are over manned by 30 hours, quite how they come to. That is beyond me, clearly never worked in a store those who. Work. This rubbish out, I. Have certain health issues that unable me to do. Heavy work, osteoporosis, and still not in remission from cancer. I. Was thinking if I can't work other departments, I could maybe put up. A case for voluntary redundancy, I am on an old non flexible contract

Is your contract just for the c/s desk ? as I believe this is the next dept they wish remove full timers off and replace with flexi contracts, you would have to wait til you have your meeting to find out what their next move is. 

beahead

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 13-04-19, 09:43PM »
I started on just csd, but now combined

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 14-04-19, 07:50AM »

Is your contract just for the c/s desk ? as I believe this is the next dept they wish remove full timers off and replace with flexi contracts, you would have to wait til you have your meeting to find out what their next move is.

Is this speculation or fact  8-). I believe Tesco have too many people on flexi contracts now, in some stores, which would be another question to ask in consultation for possible new job role....do I keep my current contract status??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #7 on: 14-04-19, 07:52AM »
Sad to say that Tesco took the option of voluntary redundancy, proposed by usyawn, off of the agenda.
Chances are so many people would have applied just to escape :D ;D

They'd go bankrupt with the mass exodus  ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #8 on: 14-04-19, 07:09PM »
Really :question: :). Who would have thought :D ;D

Batmanjo

« Reply #9 on: 15-04-19, 09:50AM »

Is this speculation or fact  8-). I believe Tesco have too many people on flexi contracts now, in some stores, which would be another question to ask in consultation for possible new job role....do I keep my current contract status??

The direction the company wish to move is, to go through the heat map with c/s desk staff and change hours to suit the company, but the underlying problem for staff is that the hour changes are completely in the companies favor for them to move staff to their 2nd choice job. So when the new fingerprint clocking comes in the c/s desk may end up in a completely different role and no longer c/s desk, this all depends on how many staff are on the c/s desk as I believe they only require 2 staff on at anytime, so if there are 4 staff on any given day the 1st 2 would be on the c/s desk and the next staff would go onto the 2nd choice role whatever that maybe ? 

As for flexi contracts  >:( they would like all staff on these as it not only saves on sick, pensions, holidays, etc they can put you wherever they want whenever they want at very short notice.   

patricia

« Reply #10 on: 18-04-19, 09:24PM »
Should let all managers and C/As have a fair vote for voluntary redundancy  :thumbup:

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #11 on: 29-04-19, 08:13AM »
The problem with voluntary redundancies is that the business would lose a lot of long serving knowledgeable staff who would jump at the chance of leaving.

Long term I think the plan is to follow the aldi/lidl model where you dont work for a dept, but instead do any task required in the store as set out on the scheduler tablet. The days of being just CSD/Produce or Tills will be over and everyone will be expected to do every role.

jeff2102

« Reply #12 on: 29-04-19, 08:38AM »
Just on one morning stock control team, they have lost over 100 years of skill set knowledge and loyalty. They have already made that choice to get rid of long serving staff so why didn’t they just take the “bull by the horns” and ask for VR instead of delaying the inevitable.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #13 on: 29-04-19, 09:40AM »
Voluntary redundancy was taken off the agenda probably due to the high interest it would receive. The timings for jobs are never accurate always too much/little. Tesco are pushing for everyone to be on part time flexi. Unless you need overtime every week I wouldn’t change from retail perm to flexi. We will see how keen Dave is if everyone says “no” to it. If he’s desparate culls (redndancy) will happen if not natural wastage will slowly make this happen.

Redshoes

• Smart Arse
« Reply #14 on: 29-04-19, 10:33AM »
I have only ever seen voluntary redundancy once in my 26 years and it was awful. Everyone who requested got but for those remaining times were hard. The whole store had to move round and fill gaps in Depts. The feeling in the store was unsettled for years and most moved when requested as fear of compulsory redundancies lingered but this never happened. There was also a time following the redundancies when loads of managers stepped down. It became so common that not much was thought of it.
In time loads of them who left came back and many more tried but we're not successful. I have seen this time and again. Managers and CA's. Less seem to come back now but a few years ago I would say more than half.

beahead

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #15 on: 01-05-19, 06:26PM »
So regards moving around fur to heatmap, what if there isn't a suitable job for you? Then surley redundancy should be an option, as it would class as a restructure? I'm curious to. Know exactly what would happen, as no jobs in our store

wizard

• Regular Pain
« Reply #16 on: 01-05-19, 06:50PM »
No chance tesco would give you 28 days notice to change your hours ( plus a weeks notice for every year you’ve been then up to maximum of 12 ) then you take what they offer or leave , I think this is the way they are going .

beahead

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #17 on: 01-05-19, 06:53PM »
But what if there really is nothing?

wizard

• Regular Pain
« Reply #18 on: 01-05-19, 07:16PM »
To be honest it’s really not Tesco’s problem , you would have to take what’s available or leave

ReliantSkydiver

« Reply #19 on: 01-05-19, 07:21PM »
Any change would have to be classed as "reasonable". Are they asking you in effect to reduce your hours? Are they asking you to change your days of work? or are they asking you to move your hours? (if so by how much?). While historically disregarded the availability form could also play a big factor (as it has with the recent restructures).