Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-06-19, 12:05AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58339
  • Total Topics: 1024
  • Online Today: 122
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Query to Leaving through redundancy  (Read 1851 times)

FishyFred121

• VLH Supporter
Query to Leaving through redundancy
« on: 13-04-19, 10:42AM »
In the notes to one of the consultations it says that if an employee finds a new job externally they can sign a disclaimer and leave without any impact on your redundancy package, once collective consultation has finished(likely to be 24th April), providing they can provide proof of job offer and start date.

I have a new job but don't start until 22nd May. Will I still be able to leave Tesco when collective consultation finishes despite my start date not being for another month after? It doesn't specify in the agreement about how close the start date needs to be.

I asked this on another thread but either know one knows or it got lost amongst everything else so sorry for the repetition.

Global Moderator Comment Posts and replies deleted from the other thread.

inapickle

Re: Query to Leaving through redundancy
« Reply #1 on: 13-04-19, 10:52AM »
Hi, I read this when you first posted it but didn't reply as I'm not sure but...

I think that you have to show the job offer to T. for them to agree to it.

As your job starts after your last day at T anyway, i think it very unlikely that they will agree to it as it is at their discretion and there is no requirement for them to let you go early just so you can have a break!  You may be able to persuade them though but be very carefull.

If your new job started before your last day it could be argued that it would be unreasonable for them to make you work out your remaining time and they should let you go early with no penalty.

FishyFred121

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 13-04-19, 01:40PM »
Thanks for the reply.

I thought that too but it's just the way its worded in the agreement. Says you can leave if you get another job externally as long as you show them proof.  Doesn't say anything about whether it needs to be before you start the new job.

Have my meeting on Tuesday will ask then

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #3 on: 13-04-19, 04:56PM »
Administrator Comment Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).

In our gulag, 2 of us merchy's are toast and the lead n/shift manager told my colleague that he could apply for time off to attend job interviews etc. No mention of having to show proof (-*-) To be honest, I don't normally trust these people, past experiences etc , but believe that he was trying to help. >:D

paxo

« Reply #4 on: 16-04-19, 08:04AM »
You should be asked to show appointment for job interview, the paperwork which Mr T gives you when you are made redundant says this