Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-06-19, 01:58AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7869
  • Latest: Andii
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58295
  • Total Topics: 1023
  • Online Today: 133
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 93
Total: 95

Author Topic: Investigation  (Read 6754 times)

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
Re: Investigation
« Reply #25 on: 13-04-19, 02:44PM »
The use of an employee number in a message on social media sounds very fishy and suggests to me someone is pretending to be you, presumably to get you into trouble.  I am not lawyer so not sure if to do this is actually illegal as it certainly would be if the impersonator was doing this to defraud someone of money.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #26 on: 13-04-19, 04:25PM »
All this stuff about what you can and can't say is very Orwellian. Sadly most companies are like this. I once got told by my boss at a former workplace that my post against the terrorists ISIS should be taken down as people at work may not agree. I told him I'd be more worried about ISIS supporters working in a premiership soccer club. He couldn't really argue.

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #27 on: 13-04-19, 04:46PM »
Have found that social media sites can always be rather problematic. My solution has always been to write to a national newspaper and just write truthfully. Always seems to work (-*-)

Mark calloway

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #28 on: 13-04-19, 04:59PM »
I don't use Facebook anymore,due to gossip and death threats. I use Twitter but don't use my real name,I don't comment on Tosco stuff either. I've known Tosco staff to be sacked for hitting the "like" button.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #29 on: 13-04-19, 09:17PM »
if this person has got your employee number.....they could also have your password for your facebook account, and have access to other info that could help them masquerade as you. ???

Also, if you haven't given them your employee number, how have they gotten hold of it. Wouldn't your employee number be subject to Data Protection? And if this has been breached, would this not warrant a counter complaint against the apparent lack of data security within your store?

Any comments on this? ???

« Last Edit: 13-04-19, 09:22PM by optout »
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #30 on: 13-04-19, 10:23PM »
As a dot.com driver my employee number is displayed on the photo-id badge I am required to wear so that is one way the information can be made public.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #31 on: 13-04-19, 10:29PM »
 :thumbup:
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #32 on: 14-04-19, 07:18AM »
As a dot.com driver my employee number is displayed on the photo-id badge I am required to wear so that is one way the information can be made public.

Really?? I would question why that need be the case, as a security concern if nothing else. Surely your name and store name should suffice to identify you as the driver.....I honestly cannot think why your employee number should be required for public viewing??
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #33 on: 14-04-19, 09:29AM »
I would rather have my employee number on display rather than my full name.  Only has my first name.  And given we are entering people's houses and need to be background checked then it is reasonable for the customer to be able to firmly identify the delivery driver.  Now if someone were to mock up an ID card using my number but with their own photo and made up name that would be a different matter.

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #34 on: 16-04-19, 02:14PM »
Update: Just realised that my newish id card does not display my employee number but my old one did.

panther

• Know All
« Reply #35 on: 16-04-19, 05:52PM »
I don't use Facebook anymore,due to gossip and death threats. I use Twitter but don't use my real name,I don't comment on Tosco stuff either. I've known Tosco staff to be sacked for hitting the "like" button.

Really? Oops!! I love that page!!  ;D ;D