Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-08-19, 04:51AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8304
  • Latest: baldy69
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59996
  • Total Topics: 1063
  • Online Today: 121
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Pay rise  (Read 71485 times)

Re: Pay rise
« Reply #400 on: 12-06-19, 05:18AM »
Curious about the new starter rate. Can someone confirm what it is at present please? From Sept it will be 90% of established rate or £8.10. however this is lower than the NLW for over 25 year olds. So are Tesco breaking the law?

New starter rate is currently £8.21.

beentheredoneit

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #401 on: 12-06-19, 05:49AM »
The problem began when the 'bonus' was lumped in with the wage as part of the 'package'.
When the Boss gets his bonus, it is additional to salary Surely that is the definition of a bonus.
beentheredoneit

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #402 on: 12-06-19, 07:40AM »
However this deal is spun, the fact remains Tesco is legally obliged to boost pay in order to comply with minimum wage legislation.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #403 on: 12-06-19, 08:29AM »
Curious about the new starter rate. Can someone confirm what it is at present please? From Sept it will be 90% of established rate or £8.10. however this is lower than the NLW for over 25 year olds. So are Tesco breaking the law?

New starter rate is currently £8.21.
No its legal. Thats the law.

cherrypie

« Reply #404 on: 12-06-19, 12:48PM »
I for one have cancelled my usdaw membership .

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #405 on: 12-06-19, 12:59PM »
if they had just kept giving a bonus we’d of got the 9£ eventually.  :thumbdown:

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #406 on: 12-06-19, 01:00PM »

The payrise isn't worth more than the bonus next  iyear though. What would of been your bonus approx3% pays for your pay rise, so you are worse off

I crunched the numbers, and in my personal case, even if I did flat hours for the whole year, the payrise is nearly double what I got in the last bonus after doing nearly double my contracted hours over the year. So for me, the numbers do indeed add up to a payrise
[/quote]

Same here,by october 2020 I'll have had a near £1600 Payrise compared to now..
[/quote]
To get aprox 1,6k extra you would have to work 51h+ a week. Payrise is 0.58p  so 51.5h*0.58*52weeks=£1553.24.

My last p60,2018-2019, states  23,6k income  (23,3k for 2017-2018), 36.5 h p/w + 126h OT (counted them all, payslip after payslip)+bonus plan.
With new paydeal my contracted hours would be worth £21386. If i do OT (£11.21ph) , similar hours like last year, i will gain £1413. Total pay would be £22798. Second year of the deal it would be £21871 + 126h*£11,51=£1450, so total would be £23321.
So i personally earn over £900 less in next two years than i made in last two. Unless i will do more OT i will be even.
As it was said earlier, some people trully do not understand power of "%". 3% payrise in one year and 3% second year with kept bonus of atleast 2,5% as would be better than its now. Especially if gov rise NLW by 5% in 2020 and another 5% in 2021 then our tesco 2 year deal will be worth nothing as we would have it no matter what.

chris9997

• Know All
« Reply #407 on: 12-06-19, 01:03PM »
This pay rise is again robbing Peter to pay paul there is however some small crumb of comfort for some (very small)
1. The situation for GA s is the same across the board previously it was Sunday's and premiums removed / reduced affecting only some.
2.The bonus we lost we could of lost anyway by the powers increasing targets to unachievable limits.

Adywebb

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #408 on: 12-06-19, 01:13PM »
Most colleagues in my store seem happy to trade off a possible bonus against a guaranteed pay increase. It makes monthly budgeting easier and takes away uncertainty. It might not suit everyone but it works for me.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #409 on: 12-06-19, 01:21PM »
Yes its truth but the problem is that most pople do not think about future , its just "now" for them. Many will choose to receive pay every week in value of for example £90 (4960 per year) instead of £480 (5760 per year) but every month.
The same pple will cry later  that they cant manage to the end of the month. So many years at tesco and i trully seen it all. People do not want to earn good money, they just want very little now, in short term.
Its said beacuse those people drag down rest of the coworkers.
Few years from now those who will stay at tesco will earn very little even if company will be on the top.
« Last Edit: 12-06-19, 01:26PM by lordadmiral »

Totot

« Reply #410 on: 12-06-19, 01:27PM »
Make it simple, the first year just to make us think they are generous, but they are not. A simple calculation only show pay rise 3,8% if bonus around 2,56%. But bonus calculated from april while payrise start from september, so 6 month differences.

Second year would be around half percent, compare to the year before if bonus still around, but again it start from october, so again they think we are dumb.

If we got £9 payrise plus bonus this year, it is not that great either, just ok.

Mid and high level managers almost for sure got their bonus, low manager still not for sure. So the messages is clear, we are down here not contributing to company enough, they are up there who do all the job. So work accordingly, just like what these mighty bosses think of us.

Only 2 things that can change situation fast enough.
Quit union for everyone, stop giving them money, it is not just money, it is power as well. Power for them to screw us up.
Majority stakeholder finally realised that dl got no skill, there are none business strategy so far, and so many ancient strategy that still around not been fixed.  The last thing he made was jack, seriously if these stakeholder think it is war against price, it is so wrong.
They key word is target market and dl got no clue about it and will ruin the company even more. No company big enough to fall.
They need to sacked dl sooner the better.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #411 on: 12-06-19, 01:35PM »
Hourly rise doesn’t bother me who is about to resign. It’ll allow me to get some extra money on my sick pay because I wont see the next bonus anyway.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #412 on: 12-06-19, 01:36PM »
Tomorrow tesco release Q1 results, shareholders will vote new pay deal for board members etc. bet those on top will get huge cheeries.  Pay is going down, more work on shoulders of few, can't get new workers as nobody wants to work for tesco or the hours they are offered.

I made my decision to leave company after February 2021 but it might be sooner, I hope.

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #413 on: 12-06-19, 01:37PM »
What’s the point in doing the maths we’ll get whatever Dave decides.

Because if you're working at Tesco, chances are you can't do the maths to determine the true value of the raise in these mickey mouse 2 year pay deals.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #414 on: 12-06-19, 01:38PM »
Lot of people in my store cant read so math is a pure magic to them.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #415 on: 12-06-19, 01:43PM »
lordadmiral True including those in the highest positions in my store. I have seen better when working for the Council.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #416 on: 12-06-19, 01:51PM »
We are making joke that now people must finish university to work at tesco and they are still so dumb.
My education is trade, management etc and some IT... I licked  TL and manager  position at tesco ( been hit by redundancy ) but now I regret I didn't go straight into IT jobs and now need to retrain myself again and find some placement to get experience.

Preacherpauly

• Regular Pain
« Reply #417 on: 12-06-19, 02:02PM »
Tomorrow tesco release Q1 results, shareholders will vote new pay deal for board members etc. bet those on top will get huge cheeries.  Pay is going down, more work on shoulders of few, can't get new workers as nobody wants to work for tesco or the hours they are offered.

I made my decision to leave company after February 2021 but it might be sooner, I hope.

Now its only managers getting the bonus they will think they can put us under more pressure so they can hit their goals to cash in. The worse thing is i got to sit on break and listen to their sob stories and how they're hard done by because they have to fill tins and not loo rolls or cereals.

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #418 on: 12-06-19, 02:09PM »
Where has it been said managers still get bonus? Can see them not removing store manager because that’s how they keep retain store managers.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #419 on: 12-06-19, 02:24PM »
lordadmiral

Just watch the jokes on the shop floor. You are not allowed to have a laugh. There is always someone having a bad day. I worked with plenty who have had multiple degrees who clearly just like the student lifestyle. It is the management that take the mick. One minute everything fine/they are happy to turn a blind eye then next shift you can’t do anything right.  Instead of doing nothing they do something and screw up. I have got to the stage I do what they ask knowing it’s wrong and just walk away leaving the SM to point out the errors doing his morning checks. Although even he is getting slack and goes straight back to his office after the team 5. My background is life experience and it has served me well. Started at Tesco and over the years did less and less shifts as other work became available and rent payments went down. Best of luck for the future.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #420 on: 12-06-19, 02:48PM »

Now its only managers getting the bonus they will think they can put us under more pressure so they can hit their goals to cash in. The worse thing is i got to sit on break and listen to their sob stories and how they're hard done by because they have to fill tins and not loo rolls or cereals.

I would assume managers still get bonus as there has been no update to say anything different. When you see the length of time it takes to work the top shelf, back stock and delivery of some aisles even in large stores the 3/4 night managers could do an aisle each.  This would still leave bags of time to do any training, holidays, Let’s Talks and Investigations that might need completed. If they were all out on the shop floor they could save on staff costs. The issue is they know about the endless overtime budget and would rather use and abuse that so that they don’t need to do any work themselves.  The majority don’t bother with overtime but they always manage to find somebody with all the low hour contracts allowing them to have a smoke break/sit down.

karaokequeen

« Reply #421 on: 12-06-19, 03:49PM »
lm happy with the payrise and love my job at tesco i cant understand why everyone is complaining about the job and payrise if i wasnt happy with it i would go find a job somewhere else

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #422 on: 12-06-19, 04:32PM »
lm happy with the payrise and love my job at tesco i cant understand why everyone is complaining about the job and payrise if i wasnt happy with it i would go find a job somewhere else
Thank you Dave

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #423 on: 12-06-19, 04:56PM »

Dave...

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #424 on: 12-06-19, 05:10PM »
As the managers hasn’t been announced it’s guess work that the bonus is staying, I would guess if it’s removed for the colleagues it’s removed for managers and lead team. Would also guess stores managers will keep there mega bonus.