Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-09-19, 12:55AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8417
  • Latest: Mazza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60801
  • Total Topics: 1069
  • Online Today: 125
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 113
Total: 117

Author Topic: Pay rise  (Read 76727 times)

Overworked1

• Know All
Re: Pay rise
« Reply #450 on: 13-06-19, 01:01AM »
The night premiums the same as always.  ???

Totot

« Reply #451 on: 13-06-19, 01:22AM »
That is the plan from the beginning, so they can pay less to people with skill payment, the percentage will get smaller and smaller.

That bombastic number 10.45% is for media, it is used to make the image looks better for the gullible stakeholder make them thinking dl did good job and take care of the staff really well, in short to justified all ceo and high level management salary, bonus and  share, nothing to do with us.

And again, comparing payrise and bonus is not apple to apple. Try yourself calculate base on your income, increase from september to let say when you usually got bonus, let say may.
Then calculate your bonus base on your income from april to march, a whole 13 times payday. The total hours is so much different already. It is a low financial art of a con man.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #452 on: 13-06-19, 08:25AM »
Also dont forget a sizeable proportion of the 10% payrise is legally required to ensure Tesco meets minimum wage laws.

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #453 on: 13-06-19, 08:37AM »
Right after days of discussion we have established the new pay deals bare minimum so a bare minimum effort is all they will get. You get what you pay for. The shift leaders are being robbed stupid in comparison to the Team Managers who can do not a lot and the most they’ll get is a slap on the wrist from the SM.

Jimbobjones80

« Reply #454 on: 13-06-19, 09:00AM »
You are right about the shift leader to manager work rate. These days the shift leader is basically a manager and a customer assistant combined. We do all their work and our own!!!

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #455 on: 13-06-19, 10:04AM »
Also as a manager my working conditions have got far worse. Being a nights to days store I can get given shifts from 5am anything up to 12pm. That is some operating window and very hard to plan anything outside of work or get into a good routine.  gotta say its alot of fun being on until 12 at night into your day off then into a 5am start.
Get that as far to f*^k as you can, that neither gives you the required rest time away from work it also smacks in the face of work/life balance! Id be pushing that back to your manager, no way I would be doing that, not nowadays, with the cuts to all etc

Overworked1

• Know All
« Reply #456 on: 13-06-19, 10:56AM »
They don’t care about work life balance in a lot of stores. They don’t bother about gaps between shifts either.

DJL

• Know All
« Reply #457 on: 13-06-19, 12:26PM »
And therefore up to the manager to take a stand, I would never allow myself to be on till midnight then have a day off, no chance, I’d be telling them to run!!

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #458 on: 13-06-19, 04:23PM »
Can we return to topic of "Pay rise".
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Baker1961

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #459 on: 13-06-19, 04:57PM »
10.45% pay rise is on the basic wage grades b/c. Anyone on grades D & above are getting lower percentage. So really they are Gaulle adverting on media. Anyone else sussed this out?

Not what I was told by the area rep bakers get 6.6% on there hourly rate with out the skill payment then the 90 p is added back on to give a total hourly rate and the same 4% plus in October 2020

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #460 on: 13-06-19, 05:55PM »
I'm assuming a semi-skilled baker, if so their basic pay will be the £9 an hour figure this September with a skill payment of 42p, currently they're paid £8.42 an hour with a skill payment of 43p an hour, or in other words, currently they're on £8.85 an hour, their new rate will be £9.42 an increase of 57p per hour, but lose their bonus so if we assume 3% bonus on a semi-skilled baker doing 10 hours a week, they'd be on £4,740 a year currently with their £8.85 an hour and 3% bonus compared to £4,898.40 on the new rate of £9.42 without a bonus, that's an increase of £158.40 a year, 30.4p per hour, as a percentage increase of £8.85 that is a 3.3% increase overall.
« Last Edit: 13-06-19, 05:57PM by NightAndDay »

Red75

« Reply #461 on: 23-07-19, 05:15AM »
I hadn't thought too much about this until just now. Assuming the bonus was paid at a similar rate to the last two years - 2.5% it's barely a pay rise at all . The pay rises are only paid for six months in the first year and 5 months in the second year. It is as the earlier poster stated 'the financial art of the conman'.
Assume an annual income of £10000. With no rises and bonus in place you will earn £20500 over the two years with a 2.5% bonus paid each year.
With the pay rise and no bonus you will earn £10344 in the first year (10000*6.88%/2) and £10499 in the second year (10344*3.57/5-12ths). A total over two years of £20833, a 2 year rise of 1.62% compared with current rate plus bonus.
It is a massive con. No wonder they can keep their payroll flat from year to year.

BarryZola

« Reply #462 on: 23-07-19, 10:45AM »
As long as the people claiming benefits don't get their payments inconvenienced due to a slight overpayment one month a year, that's the main thing. Apparently no-one else matters. Probably best not to increase our pay at all in future just in-case it effects someones benefit payments. Make it really easy, like. :-X

T

« Reply #463 on: 23-07-19, 10:59AM »
like  :-*

NewDotComDriver

« Reply #464 on: 02-08-19, 02:15PM »
Does anyone have any idea about Dot Com Driver pay changes?

A "very helpful" leaflet was released on ourtesco giving base pay rates for drivers - lower than it is currently - and then saying to see the attached leaflet regarding an increase of the skills payment, but of course theres no attached leaflet regarding that at all.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #465 on: 02-08-19, 02:42PM »
So from September pay the base rate goes from £8.42p/h to £9p/h & the skills payment goes up to 68p so driver pay goes from £8.85p/h to £9.68p/h.

Batmanjo

« Reply #466 on: 04-08-19, 12:50AM »
10.4% in 2 years........ then as near to a zero % pay rise as they can't afford it, which in effect would be -3% as they would be getting our bonus.

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #467 on: 29-08-19, 04:03PM »
I am a Customer Delivery Driver.  I have just received a form from Management telling me that my current hourly rate is £9.60.  With the new pay rise for 2019 taking effect from September 2019 this will rise to £9.68.  That's 8 pence an hour before tax.  In October 2020 my pay will rise to £9.98 an hour, just a further 30 pence an hour.  The Market Supplement that I receive is being scrapped.  Try as hard as I can, I can't make 38 pence an hour before tax equate to a pay rise of 10.45% over two years.  I, and many people like me, have been taken for a ride by Tesco.  It seems that USDAW have gone along with this.  We drivers work very hard indeed and our pay doesn't reflect this, and this is a poor show from our Management.

NightAndDay

• Smart Arse
« Reply #468 on: 29-08-19, 04:10PM »
Add to this, even if you don't take into account the market supplement, the "10.45%" figure applys only to the grade A/B roles, it doesn't take into account the loss of bonus either. But more significant still is that all the more higher grade hourly roles except for customer delivery driver receives 57p more per hour, not 58p that the lowest grades are getting, which means that even going with Tescos overly optimistic way of measuring the increase, the higher grades aren't receiving 10.45%.

Cleaner1

• Regular Pain
« Reply #469 on: 29-08-19, 04:12PM »
No new news then

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #470 on: 29-08-19, 07:23PM »
That's exactly what's been happening with nightshift , Sunday workers and lots of others for the past few years !

barafear

• Regular Pain
« Reply #471 on: 05-09-19, 06:34PM »
I thought dot.com drivers were doing rather well out of this "pay review"
What's this about "market supplement" being lost?
What is/was that?
Are all drivers losing it?

I fully expect that your payrise will not be 10.45% - but I cannot believe that it is only 38p an hour either?

barafear

• Regular Pain
« Reply #472 on: 05-09-19, 07:00PM »
Re> 1921's post a few posts up.

So, the old hourly rate for a CDD was £8.85.
You state you were on £9.60.
Therefore, you must have been receiving a market supplement of 75p?

When the new pay rise was announced, there was the following message about CDDs:

Customer Delivery Drivers (Dotcom Drivers/CDDs)
How is my pay increasing?
As well as the 10.45% increase to the basic rate of pay over two years for all colleagues,
Customer Delivery Drivers will see their skills payment increase from 42p to 68p per hour.
This means that some CDDs will see their pay increase by 12.77% over the duration of the two
year deal.

Why is my skills payment changing?
It was agreed with Usdaw and colleague representatives that due to the nature of this role
and changes in market conditions, the skills payment for this role should be increased.

What is happening to my market supplement?
Some CDDs receive a Market Supplement due to local market conditions. Due to the
significant increase in pay and skills payment, we are reviewing CDD Market Supplements. It
was agreed that Market Supplements for Customer Delivery Drivers roles will be reduced by
up to 82p in Sept 2019. Market Supplements will only be reduced by a maximum of 82p per
hour, so if your current supplement is higher than 82p per hour, you will still maintain the
balance above 82p per hour.

Am I going to be worse off?
No colleague will see a reduction in their total pay as a result of this change. However, a small
proportion of colleagues with Market Supplement reductions may not feel the full benefit of
this year’s substantial investment in pay. Therefore, we have agreed with Usdaw and colleague
representatives to make one-off payments in February 2020 for any CDDs that experience
less than a 2.5% increase in their basic pay and skills payment (i.e. you will receive a one-off
payment if your current Market Supplement is greater than 59p). Drivers with Market
Supplements that are eligible for a one-off payment will receive a personal letter in
September 2019. Market Supplements will only be reduced by a maximum of 82p per hour, so
if your current supplement is higher than 82p per hour, you will still maintain the balance
above 82p per hour.

Why will some CDDs get a one-off payment?
Some CDD colleagues may not feel the full benefit of this year’s substantial investment in pay.
Therefore, we have agreed with Usdaw and colleague representatives to make one-off
payments for any CDDs that experience less than a 2.5% increase in their basic pay and skills
payment (i.e. you will receive a one-off payment if your current Market Supplement is greater
than 59p). Payments will be made to eligible colleagues in Feb 2020. Drivers with Market
Supplements that are eligible for a one-off payment will receive a personal letter in
September 2019.

So you're probably correct in your assessment that you will only be getting an 8p rise, and then a further 30p next year.

Overall, this equates to a total of 38p on £9.60 = 3.96%

But I guess they're basing the one-off payment on the first year rise, so obviously 8p on £9.60 is less than 2.5% - so you should get a one off payment

There's no details of how that one off payment is calculated - so best of luck.
You might get a grand or more, or more likely you'll get enough to fill up your tank with Tesco Petrol!!

kitkat

« Reply #473 on: 06-09-19, 06:30PM »
So from September pay the base rate goes from £8.42p/h to £9p/h & the skills payment goes up to 68p so driver pay goes from £8.85p/h to £9.68p/h.

This is correct , but add on any location pay you receive to get your total new hourly rate

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #474 on: 06-09-19, 06:40PM »
I know its correct. I was answering the question for someone else!!