Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-06-19, 02:22AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7869
  • Latest: Andii
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58295
  • Total Topics: 1023
  • Online Today: 133
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 77
Total: 80

Author Topic: Pay rise  (Read 63515 times)

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Pay rise
« on: 07-04-19, 01:35PM »
Any news if we are going to get a pay rise this year? Thought they were trying to get to the magic £10 by 2020?  Cheers

Rick grimes

Re: Pay rise
« Reply #1 on: 07-04-19, 02:00PM »
I don't think they will be paying to much attention to a pay rise as they are trying to deal with peoples redundancy first as some people are losing there jobs.

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #2 on: 07-04-19, 02:05PM »
Posting about pay rises is a bit insensitive to the thousands of colleagues who are awaiting this weeks meetings to find out if they still have a job.....

Rick grimes

« Reply #3 on: 07-04-19, 02:10PM »
Posting about pay rises is a bit insensitive to the thousands of colleagues who are awaiting this weeks meetings to find out if they still have a job.....

Couldn't agree more.

fatboy

• Know All
« Reply #4 on: 07-04-19, 02:58PM »
Valid question though.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #5 on: 07-04-19, 03:08PM »
Not necessarily  , did one of the union meetings not agree that the 2019 pay rise would be included in the redundancy pay out.  So could be informative to some .
Unfortunately life at Tesco does go on for all the others !

cosmosmallpiece

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #6 on: 07-04-19, 03:20PM »
I am sorry if I have upset anyone . But we all have gone through worring times with this company including me.

Rick grimes

« Reply #7 on: 07-04-19, 03:23PM »
Not necessarily  , did one of the union meetings not agree that the 2019 pay rise would be included in the redundancy pay out.  So could be informative to some .
Unfortunately life at Tesco does go on for all the others !

Yes  life does go on but wait until redundancies are out the way. That's all i am saying.

chris9997

• Know All
« Reply #8 on: 07-04-19, 03:45PM »
No one is safe so mentioning the pay rise should not be the issue as there may be some who will need this to relieve some of the pressures of the last pay rise/cut.

an_anon

« Reply #9 on: 07-04-19, 03:52PM »
"Yes  life does go on but wait until redundancies are out the way. That's all i am saying."

Nobody has to wait for anything to ask completely valid questions. Redundancies have nothing to do with asking about pay rises or any other unrelated topic for that matter. Those not affected this time don't need to tread on eggshells and wait for some unspecified cooling-off period before asking pertinent questions just because some sensitive little souls can't handle real life. The nerve of some of you who think they can police forums and be 'feelings moderators' is unbelievable. Get off the internet if it is too raw for youl.

Some of us have already been through pay cuts and job losses so moralise elsewhere.
« Last Edit: 07-04-19, 04:07PM by an_anon »

Rick grimes

« Reply #10 on: 07-04-19, 04:14PM »
"Yes  life does go on but wait until redundancies are out the way. That's all i am saying."

Nobody has to wait for anything to ask completely valid questions. Redundancies have nothing to do with asking about pay rises or any other unrelated topic for that matter. Those not affected this time don't need to tread on eggshells and wait for some unspecified cooling-off period before asking pertinent questions just because some sensitive little souls can't handle real life. The nerve of some of you who think they can police forums and be 'feelings moderators' is unbelievable. Get off the internet if it is too raw for youl.

Some of us have already been through pay cuts and job losses so moralise elsewhere.

my post was too show a bit of sensitivity to others affected by the changes, some have families and mortgages and probably never been through this unlike yourself you sound as if you couldn't give a s**t about it only hope it never comes round to you again.

Happy Days

« Reply #11 on: 07-04-19, 04:54PM »
I am a full-time employee. The only thing I have to look forward to in the next couple of weeks is either redundancy or less pay. I personally can't afford to loose anything. I agree Tesco just wants to reduce the number of full-time employees. I feel sick with stress. I have young children and can't cut back any more. We would quite literally be at a food bank. It's a disgrace that me and my wife both work full time yet we have nothing ever to look forward to. Not had a holiday in ten years. Yet rent up again, another £80 a month to find and bills going up again.

Red75

« Reply #12 on: 07-04-19, 05:41PM »
Think it's a pretty valid question considering as of April 1st we are only two and a half percent above minimum wage. Course I have sympathy for those whose jobs are under threat. We all know that this boards chief solution for increasing profits cutting costs, and the cost cutting will continue despite a 25 percent increase in operating profit this year.

Paulie

« Reply #13 on: 07-04-19, 05:46PM »
I am a full-time employee. The only thing I have to look forward to in the next couple of weeks is either redundancy or less pay. I personally can't afford to loose anything. I agree Tesco just wants to reduce the number of full-time employees. I feel sick with stress. I have young children and can't cut back any more. We would quite literally be at a food bank. It's a disgrace that me and my wife both work full time yet we have nothing ever to look forward to. Not had a holiday in ten years. Yet rent up again, another £80 a month to find and bills going up again.

I'm surprised how the working class have not got the yellow vests on by now. It's got to the point that the work shy have more disposable income than working full time hours. Your better off on the sick than working.
« Last Edit: 07-04-19, 05:51PM by Paulie »

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 07-04-19, 05:50PM »
..........so......about this increase to £10........anybody????
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Red75

« Reply #15 on: 07-04-19, 06:01PM »
We will get a pay rise but it will probably be in November. That seems to be the precedent for recent years. Tesco are trying to cut costs in any way they can. There profit margins are still not where they want them to be. When I started at Tesco nearly 10 years ago, Tesco made a big point about being the best payer of the major supermarkets. They certainly can't claim this anymore. I doubt they are even in the top quartile as they claimed in the last pay review. No one has communicated to me that there policy on pay has changed. We are meant to be on board with there cost cutting when many of us have lost friends to redundancy and many of us have fallen foul of their cuts. I know on the department that I work on we are working harder for what seems to be relatively less. I don't care to much about Tesco profits. Do you think they'd share with us?

mexicopete

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 07-04-19, 06:11PM »
Valid question though.
   :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The worlds me lobster

alf

• Know All
« Reply #17 on: 07-04-19, 06:45PM »
During the old NLW rate of £7.83 we were on £8.05, £8.20, and ultimately up till our current  £8.43.

The new NLW for 2019 just went into affect, £8.21, so we are still above it. But come 2020 it will go up again, forecasts are around £8.60.

Basically there will need to be another pay increase at some point, I believe pay reviews happen summer time, and I would suspect we will end up on £8.80 ish.

As for the £10 figure I vaguely remember it being a target a few years back, but it seemed to be replaced by £9 by 2020, which currently is off target.

Helpisontheway

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #18 on: 07-04-19, 07:31PM »
Guess what,pay being reduced. Conditions to get worse. Texaco profit's soaring high. Dave and his mates quids in. What's not to like. Off your knees minions.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #19 on: 07-04-19, 07:43PM »

Mate I feel your pain and can only hope things turn around for you. I have been there I had 2 kids of 2 and 4 years old last time I was made redundant we survived by the skin of our teeth so im sure you can too.

Chin up there is always hope.

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #20 on: 07-04-19, 08:47PM »
We are still within last 'two year' pay deal. We must wait few more months before hear anything.
Logic tells me that nex pay rise will be in April 2020.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #21 on: 07-04-19, 08:56PM »
@Happy Days

I am totally ashamed that some of the questions I have posed, seem insignificant to your situation. I seem to have forgotten my roots. I can only empathise as, I was a single parent when I started my employment with Tesco, and can hear and understand where you're coming from.

The slightest increase in any expenditure, results in a great deal of worry from where it's going to come from?? How far can a pack of mince, bulked out with as many cheap veg you can find go??

I hope you are getting all the help you can with regard council tax, rent rebate etc....do not be too prod to visit the benefits and ask what else you are eligible for?? I Would not hesitate to turn up in store of a night to see what free food is going in the colleague shop....you'd be surprised how, once you're situation is understood by the latter hours colleagues, how they will look out for you....it's not charity...you're family  ;)

I wish you well my friend, and sincerely hope it all works out for you and you're family. :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

chris9997

• Know All
« Reply #22 on: 07-04-19, 10:58PM »
We are still within last 'two year' pay deal. We must wait few more months before hear anything.
Logic tells me that nex pay rise will be in April 2020.
the two year pay deal ends in 2019 not 2020

lordadmiral

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #23 on: 08-04-19, 03:24AM »
It will end in 6 months time give or take, but Tesco doesn't have any legal obligation to give you pay rise asap as old deal expires. Just look how it was last time.  We had to wait few more months before new pay kicked in compared with previous years.  Due to so many changes its extremely likely that company will delay any pay increase as much as possible.

From my point of view, conversations I see that lot of people are expecting a pay rise in the summer as it was in the past. Nooooooo chance.

NMW in 2020 should be 8.62. For Tesco workers its 2,5% pay increase. So or we get pay rise at the end of 2019 or tesco will be legally forced to give it to us in April.  As I know union and Tesco, they will come up with pay rise of 4% or more but it would be another deal spread in time. 2,5% in April and rest in the mid of 2020.  Unfortunately many workers will suffer again due loss of pay, redundancy,inflation, delayed pay.

NightAndDay

• Know All
« Reply #24 on: 08-04-19, 10:47AM »
1. Tesco's base rate is 3rd from the bottom (just above the coop and Iceland's) even if you take their "benefits package" as a whole, it is not even halfway up the table, they pay the least out of the big 4 supermarkets despite having the greatest market share.

2. The precedent set by the last pay review is that they will use convoluted staggered pay deals to make it appear to staff that they're getting a better deal then they're actually getting. The lauded "10.5% increase last time was actually something along the lines of a 0.5% increase to most staff when you take into account the Sunday premium and bank holiday premium cuts (never mind the freezing of night premium pay, seriously the pay differentials for doing a night shift now are beyond insulting when compared to standard day rate.) 

I reckon they'll repeat the s*** show that was the last pay review by doing another "2 year pay deal" where they'll get rid of premiums altogether for a 16-20p increase in the base rates.

TL;DR we'll probably be worse off overall in the next few years when you compare speculated pay increases with rate of inflation.
« Last Edit: 08-04-19, 10:51AM by NightAndDay »