Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
17-06-19, 02:52AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 7869
  • Latest: Andii
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58295
  • Total Topics: 1023
  • Online Today: 133
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 97
Total: 99

Author Topic: Questions to ask at 1 to 1, 2019 restructure  (Read 5714 times)

Viva La Revolution

• VLH Supporter
Questions to ask at 1 to 1, 2019 restructure
« on: 04-04-19, 03:51PM »
Hi, I'm one of those affected by the upcoming restructure, I'm a merchandiser on nights in an Extra. There are currently 3 of us and have been told our hours will be reduced by around 50%, no exact figure yet or how this will affect each of us. When I go for my 1-2-1, I'd like to ask some questions, but I only have a few jotted down

how will this affect my sick pay, any future redundancy payments, pension, future pay rises

whats my new hours, terms, pay

what sort of protected pay will I be entitled to

is redundancy an option

I'm sure I'd like to ask more, so if any members can think of any proper questions I can ask, please post a few,
I dont want to come out of my meeting and think I should have asked this/that etc

Perhaps a union rep could post a list of things we should all ask,

Many thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 04-04-19, 04:04PM by Viva La Revolution »

NightAndDay

• Know All
Re: Questions to ask at 1 to 1, 2019 restructure
« Reply #1 on: 04-04-19, 04:38PM »
They will offer you a role in an alternative department with hours best suited to your availability (as recorded by Tescos availability forms) and being as close as possible to your current hours if their is no position left in your department.

They will offer redundancy only if you can't be placed into a new role due to your availability, the crux here is that the alternative offer has to be "reasonable", if you agree to any of the consultations offers, Tesco will have met this criteria and you will lose your chance of getting redundancy (from a neutral stand point, the best option as you can easily find better opportunities in retail elsewhere, location and personal circumstances not witholding).

Protected pay will probably be used as a sweetener to avoid a redundancy outcome and to get you onto fewer hours (meaning less holiday pay and less company sick pay, but will still be at the same duration, but less amount due to it being based on your weekly contractual pay).

If your hours fall low enough, you can't qualify for the SMART pension scheme due to national living wage laws,

Going by the past 5 years, Tescos pay review and remuneration package review has been deceptive and poor compared to similar retailers (the "10.5% pay increase over 2 years" was deceptive, in real terms most people lost out due to the cuts in Sunday premium and bank holiday, gaining something akin to a 0.5% increase as opposed to the alleged "10.5%" increase.

As for how they treat managers, they're starting express SMs on 26k a year, Sainsburies CTMs are on 22k a year in comparison. Department managers in superstore are being started on 24k a year. Dave Lewis strategy is to "streamline" the business by cutting operational costs, meaning any pay increases we do get won't be meaningful.

Skill payments are changing with the redundancies, some roles are being downgraded to lower grades, if moved to express, unless you're shift leader, yiu'll be on grade a wages (8.426) per hour, hours offered will be based on availability and the consultation.

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #2 on: 04-04-19, 07:08PM »
Hi, I'm one of those affected by the upcoming restructure, I'm a merchandiser on nights in an Extra. There are currently 3 of us and have been told our hours will be reduced by around 50%, no exact figure yet or how this will affect each of us. When I go for my 1-2-1, I'd like to ask some questions, but I only have a few jotted down

how will this affect my sick pay, any future redundancy payments, pension, future pay rises

whats my new hours, terms, pay

what sort of protected pay will I be entitled to

is redundancy an option

I'm sure I'd like to ask more, so if any members can think of any proper questions I can ask, please post a few,
I dont want to come out of my meeting and think I should have asked this/that etc

Perhaps a union rep could post a list of things we should all ask,

Many thanks in advance
Will night shift still be operating after Xmas? and if not what happens then.That may be covered by your original questions but, you never know.

fartooflexible

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 04-04-19, 08:07PM »
My head is spinning can some1 help me please.  We have our availability form 2 hand in tomorrow.  I have a good chance of redundancy,  will we definitely get the service element?  And 7 weeks pay in lieu of notice?  Question two we were told 2day if we reduce our hours e.g. from 20 till 10 we will get a lump sum of protected pay to cover the hours we are down for two years?  Sorry people if these questions have been asked million of times 😣

Riddler99

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4 on: 04-04-19, 08:10PM »
Yes you get the service element. No lump sum for lowering hours. You get payment protection for 2 years. I’m hoping for redundancy.

wolfie

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 04-04-19, 09:03PM »
The payment protection is capped at 25% of the new contractual pay, paid every 4 weeks for a max of 2 years

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 04-04-19, 09:10PM »
I'd keep a bit quiet on your first meeting....agree to nothing....sign nothing.....ask what your options are....what are they offering....what are they expecting of you......ask for it all to be written down, and a copy of what has been discussed......ask for a rep.....don't feel rushed into agreeing to a position they offer, with the old chestnut of......."the positions are on a first come first served basis, so could be gone tomorrow"....unless of course it's suitable and workable for you.....ask about the four week trial on a different department and your options if it proves unsuitable.... Good luck  :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #7 on: 04-04-19, 09:13PM »
My head is spinning can some1 help me please.  We have our availability form 2 hand in tomorrow.  I have a good chance of redundancy,  will we definitely get the service element?  And 7 weeks pay in lieu of notice?  Question two we were told 2day if we reduce our hours e.g. from 20 till 10 we will get a lump sum of protected pay to cover the hours we are down for two years?  Sorry people if these questions have been asked million of times 😣
We heard today from the union rep that the parachute payment wasn't a lump sum as in the past. Don't really know how accurate that was, but the rep has usually been pretty good with info, after you ask for it.

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #8 on: 04-04-19, 09:47PM »
This is becoming another 2019 Structure Changes topic, the OP asked for suggestions of questions to ask at 121's, not answers.

Can it be kept for that and not a duplicate 2019 Structure Changes topic else members will not know where to look.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #9 on: 04-04-19, 10:24PM »
This is becoming another 2019 Structure Changes topic, the OP asked for suggestions of questions to ask at 121's, not answers.

Can it be kept for that and not a duplicate 2019 Structure Changes topic else members will not know where to look.
Sorry about that.

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 04-04-19, 11:32PM »
The most important thing to ask is;

'Please could you confirm everything that you have just said IN WRITING?'
This is the case whether it is a rep or AO or LM or SM, the poop that is spewn forth on these occasions (by those who INSIST that they are telling you the truth), is going to affect a massive (in many instances) life changing decision.

Alarm bells should start ringing if anything like the following sentence is uttered by anybody;

'Ha Ha, now look here Bob (or Jane), I've been a rep for 20,000 years, I think I should know what I am talking about, don't you think?'

Your response should be;

'Well you shouldn't have any problem putting it in writing and signing and dating your advice then, should you?'

When you have this stuff in writing, contact ACAS or CAB (NOT YOUR AREA ORGANIZER OR ANYBODY CONNECTED WITH TESCO) and ask them to confirm that you have been given the correct information/advice.
« Last Edit: 04-04-19, 11:43PM by optout »
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

altfhn

« Reply #11 on: 05-04-19, 12:36AM »
Hi
Sorry to ask, which department do you work?

optout

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #12 on: 05-04-19, 02:06AM »
I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you. 8) ;)  (with kindness of course).
« Last Edit: 05-04-19, 02:10AM by optout »
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #13 on: 05-04-19, 07:49AM »
Can you go thru my scoring and explain the rationale for me getting that score.

LetdownbyDave

« Reply #14 on: 09-04-19, 04:04PM »
I have just been informed that I have been selected for redundancy missing out by only 1 point. I have not yet been advised what the Selection Criteria is or the points system on which it is based. Can anyone shed any light please. I was told that 'Performance Review score'  and absence are not taken into account.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #15 on: 09-04-19, 04:47PM »
If you go to the 2019 structure changes thread.  Page 130 reply #3228 from superstore_tl the criteria has been listed, also from page 132 tl_ffsc #3291 onwards is giving detailed helpful information on many aspects of the redundancy...job match rules etc...for anyone who is still confused :thumbup:

meyka

« Reply #16 on: 11-04-19, 07:37PM »
My head is spinning here I hope someone can help.I have my 1 to 1 tomorrow and my mind has gone blank as to what questions i need to ask.I have been told my job is finishing (nights on ff clothing). What do I need to ask.HELP. :( :(

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #17 on: 11-04-19, 07:45PM »
1. What other positions are available to apply for either instore or other stores in the IMMEDIATE vicinity?

2. Can you tell me where I sit on the heat map?

3. Can you tell me why I wasn't job matched?

4. Can I see the heat map?

5. What time releases will I be given to attend possible job interviews with other companies?

6.  Will I be released early, should I find alternative employment, without serving my full notice and my redundancy package honoured?

7. Does Tesco have any other support plan to offer me, with regard finding alternative employment  :D

Mojo

« Reply #18 on: 11-04-19, 08:55PM »
What happens to your shares (if any) and do you get taxed on them?

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #19 on: 11-04-19, 09:14PM »
Global Moderator Comment Questions to ask at 1 to 1, 2019 restructure

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #20 on: 11-04-19, 11:26PM »
My head is spinning here I hope someone can help.I have my 1 to 1 tomorrow and my mind has gone blank as to what questions i need to ask.I have been told my job is finishing (nights on ff clothing). What do I need to ask.HELP. :( :(

What is my redundancy figure please ??
What positions are available in f&f days ?
As f&f is not a comparable role with any other role in store , will I be given full training if I take on another role ?
Can I trial another job without it affecting my redundancy  ?

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #21 on: 11-04-19, 11:34PM »
@meyka I was moved from f&f nights last year (quoted as heat map, no option of redundancy) . It is a completely different job to any other in store so if it's the only role you've done in Tesco make sure you pin them down on training if you take on a different role .
There was job satisfaction and something to be interested in when working f&f , new lines , moves , sale , something different everyday and if you're interested  in fashion stripping new lines and seeing the the new trends was great where as packing beans , coffee , nappies on shelves is just soul destroying so consider your options carefully .