Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
19-10-19, 11:24AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 8508
  • Latest: sheryle
Stats
  • Total Posts: 61719
  • Total Topics: 1084
  • Online Today: 88
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Collective consultation  (Read 5524 times)

FishyFred121

• VLH Supporter
Collective consultation
« on: 29-03-19, 08:50PM »
Hi everyone. Newbie here so go easy if I'm reposting anything...

I work on counters and we are going 4 days opening. I'm 35 hours currently. Can Tesco offer me less hours? I would like redundancy as have been with the company 16 years and have a new job to go to in 2 months. I was aware if they offered me something similar and I said no I wouldn't get redundancy but now I dont believe that's gonna be offered anyway. But my question is can they just cut my hours no problem. I've read theres a payment protection up to 25% does that mean they need to offer me 75% of my hours? Or can they just offer what they want?

Riddler99

• Regular Pain
Re: Collective consultation
« Reply #1 on: 29-03-19, 09:07PM »
I’m full time on Stock control, and put it this way, if they offer me less than full time I will say it is unreasonable as I have a mortgage and kids. It’s all about them proving it’s reasonable. Look on Citizens advice and ACAS page to give you more of an idea.

FishyFred121

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 29-03-19, 09:15PM »
In the moving hours policy it's different to the redundancy policy. For example security in my store is going so that job is being made redundant. But the counters are shortening their hours so the job is not being made redundant according to Tesco. My worry is I will be offered less hours but the payment protection will be their way out of it.

Also criteria has been agreed this week for who will be offered the jobs. One of them is live warnings for absense. If I dont want to be offered a job and instead want to be offered redundancy, if its gonna be there, am I wise to phone in sick and try get a warning?

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 29-03-19, 10:02PM »
Go on the ACAS site to discover what can be done around reducing hours. If you agree to it, more or less anything can be implemented but if you disagree the company has to prove its reasonable. If you are on 30hrs mon-fri I doubt any court/tribunal would find a 12hr weekend contract acceptable

Riddler99

• Regular Pain
« Reply #4 on: 29-03-19, 10:02PM »
Haha I thought about that same route but I think they may see through that as it is that close to the change. Ignore the payment protection. If like me you have any dependants and a mortgage to pay, putting you on less hours is unreasonable. Just because they protect you for 2 years means jack s***. What about after them 2 years when you can’t afford bills.

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #5 on: 30-03-19, 02:05PM »
All Nightshift workers will have to think about there union membership after this collective bargaining . Pretty clear the union have absolutely no interest in the Nightshift minority . Disadvantaged in the last two paydeals and now no input into the collective bargaining team .

Rick grimes

« Reply #6 on: 30-03-19, 06:43PM »
Absolutely correct I am nights affected by these changes too and have had no contact from any union reps in my store they are a joke.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
« Reply #7 on: 30-03-19, 08:27PM »
Are nightshift affected by current changes or are you talking about previous pay changes ??

Rick grimes

« Reply #8 on: 30-03-19, 08:30PM »
N/S affected by current changes.

Ulsterboy

• Know All
« Reply #9 on: 30-03-19, 08:46PM »
Welshie , correct on both .

Thespecialone

« Reply #10 on: 31-03-19, 02:53PM »
How are the night shift affected ?

Rick grimes

« Reply #11 on: 31-03-19, 03:37PM »
Some f&f nighteam are being made redundant and merchandising activities are being slashed which means a reduction in hours.

msl1791

• Regular Pain
« Reply #12 on: 01-04-19, 12:35PM »
Like mentioned above, tossco have to prove what a 'reasonable' change is. Then they have to prove this in black and white, so don't be pushed over by any drivel they make up. I know full well, I can shread my manager apart....nice guy,but as use as a chocolate fireguard
« Last Edit: 01-04-19, 12:37PM by msl1791 »