Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20-04-19, 09:28AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 56377
  • Total Topics: 1000
  • Online Today: 128
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: staff storing reduced items to buy later.....  (Read 10691 times)

Lunamoonhare

Re: staff storing reduced items to buy later.....
« Reply #50 on: 14-04-19, 04:37PM »
We all had to sign a form stating we wouldn’t put items to one side.

I don’t have any problem with staff who do put reduced items to one side...a sale is a sale.

However sticking a colleague shop label on something hours beforehand is essentially theft. Especially when its a line that would 100% sell through.

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #51 on: 14-04-19, 07:47PM »
Being theoretical, if a colleague did that, surely they could be identified from the credentials used on the PDA to log in and record colleague shop?

NightAndDay

« Reply #52 on: 14-04-19, 09:27PM »
In convenience, srtb logons are shared between staff, they could track it by seeing who was on shift and cctv footage, but not by login.

Lunamoonhare

« Reply #53 on: 15-04-19, 02:19PM »
It doesn’t take long to set up an srtb log in. There’s no excuse for people not having their own really.

Or scan your clock card...that’s what I do to log in.

whatajoke2019

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #54 on: 16-04-19, 11:39AM »
I can use my T&A Card to log in to book Colleague Shop but would be very surprised if it's not in a policy somewhere about using someone else's credentials to log in.

NightAndDay

« Reply #55 on: 16-04-19, 12:50PM »
WhatAJoke, that policy is only for cash handling (till log ons and cms) for reductions and stock control there is no policy regarding shared users.

Nightworker23

« Reply #56 on: 16-04-19, 01:35PM »
So people like bobbywm, and others who are paying for the reduced stuff are at least putting money back in the coffers. Who's to say if they didn't buy them, that the stuff wouldn't end up going free at midnight ???

Staff shop is done at 9:30pm. So anyone finishing/starting or on break around them can take the goods for free.
I don't know where you're getting the idea that nights get given everything for free at midnight!
Anything left in staff shop by midnight is wasted and binned. Anything you see night staff leaving with in the AM, was picked up at start of shift.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #57 on: 16-04-19, 04:35PM »
Take it that reply was aimed at me  8-)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

genome

• Know All
« Reply #58 on: 17-04-19, 02:37AM »
srtb login to do colleague shop? is there more than 1 process as we do it through the waste app which uses a different login and put colleague shop for the reason.

person7

« Reply #59 on: 18-04-19, 07:33AM »
If you do that in my store... Your sacked.  BUT!

What I'm really angry at is Manager's do it, and get away with it, especially non food items.  Managers see TV £200 off? It's stored in the office until they finish work then go pay for it.  Average worker tries? Sacked as its against company policy.

Even if its food.  You are only allowed to by your dinner to eat on your break while you start you break. As soon you go looking for/at food and take it off your shelf.. Your break starts and you must pay and eat it immediately.

We MUST even get a member staff on checkouts to sign and date the receipt to prove we bought it on our break to "consume immediately", or before your shift as long as it's eaten BY your break.

If you don't you face a strict meeting with the managers. (yet they fill "their" fridge (we have two. Staff and manager's fridge) with enough for their family.  1 rule for the elite it seems.

Upside.. From 10pm (when I finish) reduced food is free to all employees from the "freebie fridge" sometimes we tons bread and flowers and plants and potatoes and all sorts.

But it seems. Unfair managers get away with it all.
« Last Edit: 18-04-19, 07:42AM by person7 »

person7

« Reply #60 on: 18-04-19, 07:55AM »
.... rectified by way of a "letter" that we've been "told" to sign.
This covers stuff such as:

You must not have any personal items on you (debit/credit cards, colleague discount card, money), any products you bring to work which the store sells you need to get countersigned by manager or security before the start of your shift....

We are told that on day one that items need signing if bought or brought in before you start.
HOWEVER. we ARE allowed our wallet and cards, as long we have no cash at all.  So we kind of need our cards to be ABLE to buy our lunch/dinner during break (as the staff canteen closed down we have to by in store during break or bring food in)

But that's probably because we don't have any lockers to STORE our wallets. Been waiting 7 months to get a locker.  There's a waiting list of 37 employees waiting for lockers, for over 2 years.

tick tock

• Regular Pain
« Reply #61 on: 18-04-19, 09:05AM »

What I'm really angry at is Manager's do it, and get away with it, especially non food items.  Managers see TV £200 off? It's stored in the office until they finish work then go pay for it.  Average worker tries? Sacked as its against company policy.

Even if its food.  You are only allowed to by your dinner to eat on your break while you start you break. As soon you go looking for/at food and take it off your shelf.. Your break starts and you must pay and eat it immediately.

We MUST even get a member staff on checkouts to sign and date the receipt to prove we bought it on our break to "consume immediately", or before your shift as long as it's eaten BY your break.

If you don't you face a strict meeting with the managers. (yet they fill "their" fridge (we have two. Staff and manager's fridge) with enough for their family.  1 rule for the elite it seems.

Upside.. From 10pm (when I finish) reduced food is free to all employees from the "freebie fridge" sometimes we tons bread and flowers and plants and potatoes and all sorts.

prisoners and wardens come to mind..

LucyJ

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #62 on: 18-04-19, 12:24PM »
The person who reduces all non food RTC keeps all the good stuff for themselves. They know when it's going to be reduced further and hide it for themselves. So selfish and pure greed!

barafear

« Reply #63 on: 18-04-19, 12:52PM »
.... rectified by way of a "letter" that we've been "told" to sign.
This covers stuff such as:

You must not have any personal items on you (debit/credit cards, colleague discount card, money), any products you bring to work which the store sells you need to get countersigned by manager or security before the start of your shift....

We are told that on day one that items need signing if bought or brought in before you start.
HOWEVER. we ARE allowed our wallet and cards, as long we have no cash at all.  So we kind of need our cards to be ABLE to buy our lunch/dinner during break (as the staff canteen closed down we have to by in store during break or bring food in)

But that's probably because we don't have any lockers to STORE our wallets. Been waiting 7 months to get a locker.  There's a waiting list of 37 employees waiting for lockers, for over 2 years.

yes the locker situation is a curious one. I only work in a "superstore" (rather than Extra) - but the lockers (assuming there are any available with a key) are located in the staff area - which is upstairs in the back of the store - therefore, as I work on Checkouts and am told my break starts and finishes when I sign off/on the till - it would literally be at least a 4 min walk thru the store, up stairs, thru staff room (ex canteen!) and then to the male toilets/lockers area - then back down again to shop floor to purchase goods - and then back up - and if it's only a 15 min break - its a struggle to start eating before 10 or 11 mins are up!!

The card situation is a curious one - what are we going to do with our cards? Pay for someone else's shopping?
If refunds are the issue - then cashiers do not have access to refund abilities - that's down to Customer service staff.
What are we going to do with our discount card? Use our own discount card on our own till (sign in number) - even Tesco's fraud systems would pick that up?

Overworked1

« Reply #64 on: 18-04-19, 01:50PM »
So people like bobbywm, and others who are paying for the reduced stuff are at least putting money back in the coffers. Who's to say if they didn't buy them, that the stuff wouldn't end up going free at midnight ???

Staff shop is done at 9:30pm. So anyone finishing/starting or on break around them can take the goods for free.
I don't know where you're getting the idea that nights get given everything for free at midnight!
Anything left in staff shop by midnight is wasted and binned. Anything you see night staff leaving with in the AM, was picked up at start of shift.

Nights get nothing the back shift hide anything decent and take it for themselves at finishing time after a busy shift standing about talking. Some even lock the reductions/colleague shop item away in the locked BWS/tobacco room for collection later. The TMs are the biggest waste of money ever now. Some get everything and others nothing. Nothing new though.

Nightworker23

« Reply #65 on: 18-04-19, 03:50PM »
All those of you who work in stores where employees are storing reduced/free items for later collection would be better served contacting the protector line and reporting bit in detail, with names, times and dates etc.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.tescoplc.com/reports-and-policies/whistleblowing-policy/&ved=2ahUKEwjHr9rg8dnhAhUKSBUIHVnCAkYQFjAAegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2Bm9FkjPkNiiK_lUSjwheB

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #66 on: 18-04-19, 04:17PM »
Yep....glad I don't work in your store.....man up and tell em......or report it if it's that much of a bug bear, but to give colleagues names, depts, times  :-X :-X

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #67 on: 18-04-19, 04:24PM »

I think they're misinterpreting the rules there......if you purchase on your way in and get your receipt and barcode dated and signed, it becomes your property, to consume when you wish, same as if you were bringing from home. You can then store it in fridge or wherever for your break.......or take it home if you don't eat it....it's your property... ???