Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-03-19, 12:47AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58911
  • Total Topics: 1091
  • Online Today: 139
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 92
Total: 97

Author Topic: All Pfs overtime going to flexi workers???  (Read 5956 times)

HildaHills

• VLH Supporter
All Pfs overtime going to flexi workers???
« on: 13-03-19, 07:49AM »
Out Pfs has a high volume of staff on the old contracts many of us have been here 20+ years. Today we were told when the new computerised schedules come into force all the overtime will be given to flexi workers, many of whom are actually checkout staff not Pfs. We’ve been given the option to change to flexi contracts or live with it!! I know overtime isn’t a given right but surely this is discrimination against your long term loyal staff who actually know the job when none of the flexi workers have experience and half aren’t even bronze trained let alone silver. Is it just our store saying this or a company wide thing. I’ve no intention of moving to a flexi, this company isn’t screwing me over with one of those

londoner83

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
Re: All Pfs overtime going to flexi workers???
« Reply #1 on: 13-03-19, 08:23AM »
When scheduler comes into force all OT is booked online on a first come first served basis. However you can only book OT on a department that you have been signed off as trained on.

Unless every cashier has been validated in PFS they will be blocked from doing OT there. However this works both ways so if you currently pick up OT outside the PFS make sure your E-Learning reflects this.

Mrs sparrow

« Reply #2 on: 13-03-19, 09:15AM »
Flexi workers will have the opportunity to pick up overtime 24 hours before fixed contract workers. If you regularly pick up overtime because you are on a small contract then it's great. There needs to be an incentive to being on that contract, it's not all one way. But they can only pick up overtime in departments they are trained in.

Redshoes

• Know All
« Reply #3 on: 13-03-19, 09:37AM »
As stated above you can only do overtime in a dept you are validated in. Flexi will also get higher priority with overtime but if planned beyond tablet it will not go out to all. The tablet is only four wks in advance now. I think they are going to try and get this to six. Work has to be done to move people, for us it's people contracted to two Depts. The tablet only gives contracted to one so we have to manually move into two. Overtime is then worked out. If you plan overtime in advance for holidays you should be ok. My understanding is that it's the overtime not assigned that goes to all but until it's fully launched we won't know.

rayinski

« Reply #4 on: 13-03-19, 09:54AM »
Flexi workers will have the opportunity to pick up overtime 24 hours before fixed contract workers.

Surely that's discriminitive or am I missing something?

DJL

• Regular Pain
« Reply #5 on: 13-03-19, 09:54AM »
When scheduler comes into force all OT is booked online on a first come first served basis. However you can only book OT on a department that you have been signed off as trained on.

Unless every cashier has been validated in PFS they will be blocked from doing OT there. However this works both ways so if you currently pick up OT outside the PFS make sure your E-Learning reflects this.

This is not totally accurate, as the systems don’t all don’t talk to each other, so you ca bypass the scheduler and manually put a person onto a dept for ot, then code the exceptions accordingly.

You are correct in saying they need to be fully trained, however what you are describing is the ‘ideal’ and this schedular if far far away from that point!

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #6 on: 13-03-19, 02:34PM »
If it’s far away from ideal why are more stores been added to this system...

DJL

• Regular Pain
« Reply #7 on: 13-03-19, 04:16PM »
They have paid for the system that’s why!

Our store is in the trial groups, it’s an absolute disaster of a system.  Still need to do weekly register, make changes to the rota is not easy with this system and the only benefit it has is give allowed hours v actual to see where your dept is.

Ot is requested daily, it’s difficult to move people into these shifts.  The only way I use it is to request ot and this seems to be the only option the SM uses each week.

The ‘accuracy’ is so far off, lucky if 45% accurate, as I said the payroll system don’t link up, oracle was suppose to sort that last year but was pulled!

That’s is why.,,

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #8 on: 13-03-19, 05:22PM »
Lady worker at our store was told the same thing, want overtime better sign a flexi contract or you wont get any. Sounded to me like just a way to force as many people to agree to flexi contracts as possible.

Redshoes

• Know All
« Reply #9 on: 16-03-19, 10:00AM »
My store is a trial store too. There is a lot of work to do in the tablets and some of it is awkward but I would not say difficult. The tablet is slow and can be frustrating. It takes a while but needs to be done. The two systems do only talk in a limited capacity but it is growing. It was a five year plan and rolls out in stages. The next stage that is due out this summer is about overtime.
If the work is not done on the tablet the overtime will not be in the right place. It is requested by the day because those hours for those days are when the overtime shifts should be placed. If you fail to take sick out of the shifts on the tablet is will have an impact. If you fail to move people into correct hours when they have dual Depts it also had an impact. If you fail to put people into overtime as agreed it has an impact. It's a system that takes a lot of work with constant updating and at the moment there is no time built in to do this as its in trial stage but coming out of trial and to all stores with the next stage of updates soon. It hard to imagine but it's coming, like it or not.

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #10 on: 16-03-19, 11:28AM »
Seems like the new schedule roll-out will be on a par with everything else tried and untested.Perfect >:D Does anyone believe that the people who develop these systems  actually understand how stores are meant to operate.  (-*-)Smoothly, efficiently and effectively. That certainly excludes Tesco  don't you think >:(

DJL

• Regular Pain
« Reply #11 on: 16-03-19, 01:17PM »
Redshoes, I’m not disputing your points or the fact that it is coming, it just doesn’t work as it should, it’s not seem less, it’s clunky and very time consuming, which is why I ssyvwhat I’ve said!

Tornado

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #12 on: 16-03-19, 02:33PM »
DJL, sorry to ask but are you "D.J.L@tesco.com" ?

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #13 on: 17-03-19, 02:15AM »
personally i don't care who gets the overtime......as long as it's not me :D

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #14 on: 17-03-19, 08:43AM »
Redshoes, I’m not disputing your points or the fact that it is coming, it just doesn’t work as it should, it’s not seem less, it’s clunky and very time consuming, which is why I ssyvwhat I’ve said!

Why doesn't that surprise me ??? Everything Tesco does is soooo complicated. Nothing is ever straightforward, which is why some routines are being simplified, mainly because the ones who introduced many of the routines have never worked in the shopfloor, never spoken to a mere GA.

How long till this new initiative gets thrown to the side, as the time needed to implement, will not be available due to the 1001 other jobs needing attention on the shopfloor....service calls....sick cover....late deliveries....rumble....all hands.....etc....etc....  Oh and nearly forgot, attending to the customers to give them a great shopping experience :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #15 on: 17-03-19, 04:40PM »
personally i don't care who gets the overtime......as long as it's not me :D

Me too but there are people who need the overtime just to get by.  We have a lot of part time people not on flexi contracts who do not like the idea for good reason who are being told they will no longer get any.

Lost

« Reply #16 on: 18-03-19, 03:05PM »
Why accept a job where you need overtime just to get by

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #17 on: 18-03-19, 04:37PM »
In some areas not much choice, at least an effort is being made to get off benefits.  If they did not make that effort then many would be quick to criticise.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Munchkin

« Reply #18 on: 18-03-19, 07:09PM »
Millions of people in every job need overtime to get by even in full time jobs wages can be low peoples circumstances can change and there aren't enough well paid jobs with enough hours to go round anyone in the real world understands that

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #19 on: 18-03-19, 10:16PM »
In my store there are very few people in store trained in pcs bronze level . So unless there is a rush of people training it really wouldn't affect our PFS staff .

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #20 on: 19-03-19, 06:19AM »
Isn't there a rule, ( written/unwritten??) that colleagues should check overtime shifts on their own department before they agree to do overtime on another dept.  I know a few have had 1 2 1 about this in my store. So surely the flip side should be the dept colleagues offered first??

Just put your names down for overtime in other depts first, without offering to work your own dept. See how quick they are then to change their minds  ???

gomezz

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #21 on: 19-03-19, 09:37AM »
Never heard of that.  Why should a colleague wanting overtime or another department wanting overtime worked be in the wrong for the colleague's own department's manager being lax and badly organised in sorting out their own overtime needs?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #22 on: 19-03-19, 09:02PM »
It's always been the way in our store....some departments got in as early as they could to get overtime booked. The rule of thumb had always been that you check your own dept first for overtime, if none available for future dates other depts already had, then you agreed with other dept to work. The manager could only kick off if there was already similar shifts available at the time of booking, then your dept took priority.

Surely to give priority to flexi workers from other depts first, could be grievanced as suffering a detriment, due to the status of your contract. ???

Munchkin

« Reply #23 on: 19-03-19, 10:02PM »
The rules are overtime goes to those who work on the department first and everyone has an equal chance to claim it not just given out to flexis or favourites if this is occurring raise it informally first then formally if necessary and finally grievance under terms and conditions which goes above store level

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #24 on: 20-03-19, 05:55AM »
T&C grievances no longer go out of store.....yep, another erosion of the partnership agreement :-X  Dignity at work is the only grievance that goes straight out of store.
« Last Edit: 20-03-19, 05:57AM by lucgeo »