Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26-03-19, 12:20AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58911
  • Total Topics: 1091
  • Online Today: 139
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 97
Total: 104

Author Topic: Handed in my notice on Sunday  (Read 6903 times)

Victor

• VLH Supporter
Handed in my notice on Sunday
« on: 12-03-19, 07:06PM »
3 Working days left. So long, suckers!

Fed up of the idiot in charge of the department.
He hasn't got a clue what he's doing.

Happy Days

Re: Handed in my notice on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: 12-03-19, 07:53PM »
We also have a very poor manager. Can't remember when she said good morning to me.

WorkingMummy

« Reply #2 on: 12-03-19, 08:02PM »
At least that will mean there’s one more vacancy for people who actually want to keep their jobs.

oldfashionedplayer

« Reply #3 on: 12-03-19, 08:29PM »
  8-);D ;D ;D

if it's anything like ours and others, the more that leave the less that get replaced, so wouldn't be another vacancy, they'd put it down to too many staff, it would be extremely rare for that to happen workingmummy

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #4 on: 12-03-19, 08:30PM »
having a decent line manager makes a hell of a difference. have had so many clueless managers in the past, where ive been on the verge of leaving. thankfully our current one is good and knows what he's doing which makes working there more bearable

Victor

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #5 on: 12-03-19, 08:53PM »
We also have a very poor manager. Can't remember when she said good morning to me.

19 year old in charge of the drivers. Only had his license a year and failed his assessment first time around. He was given the boot last year when we went to the union about him and because someone up high likes him, he was put back in.

I've never hidden my feelings about it and told him straight up he's being a tit. Others dislike him but are a little too complaisant and accept whatever s*** gets jammed down their throats.

At least that will mean there’s one more vacancy for people who actually want to keep their jobs.

Yeah? Don't know anyone like that.
No ones job is safe, more and more people are leaving.

having a decent line manager makes a hell of a difference. have had so many clueless managers in the past, where ive been on the verge of leaving. thankfully our current one is good and knows what he's doing which makes working there more bearable

You ain't wrong there! The manager before this one was spot on. Got on well with him and everyone respected him, even if not everyone liked him.
I said I'd leave DotCom if he stayed...but I fancied just getting away completely.

Anyway, my resignation letter is attached.
Some may appreciate it more than others...
He was moaning to others that I only gave 6 days notice, so I'm going to offer to work 20 minutes on Sunday to make it a full 7 days.

optout

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #6 on: 12-03-19, 08:56PM »
@Victor
This one goes out especially to you, may your escape give hope to many more.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISWOrI0WaLs
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

T2019sackallmanagers

« Reply #7 on: 12-03-19, 08:58PM »
Let's be honest tesco has a habit of employing a**holes in management positions! Complete and utter waste of space, time and money!

Victor

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #8 on: 12-03-19, 10:09PM »
@Victor
This one goes out especially to you, may your escape give hope to many more.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISWOrI0WaLs
Why thank you!
I had three interviews in the first week of my holiday. First day back, I handed in my notice.
It's easy to forget how many jobs there are out there.

Let's be honest tesco has a habit of employing a**holes in management positions! Complete and utter waste of space, time and money!

Aye, loads of f****ng useless and lazy managers who love to delegate and sit on their phones.

spike_pkh

• Know All
« Reply #9 on: 13-03-19, 12:25AM »

When was the last time you said good morning to your manager? Manners work both ways

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
« Reply #10 on: 13-03-19, 05:58AM »
@Victor

Bloody brilliant  :thumbup: send a copy to Dave Lewis, headed, " the real WMTY results"
Good luck in the future, you'll go far my son  :thumbup:
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #11 on: 13-03-19, 05:28PM »

We have a manager like that, I honestly believe he was raised by wolves and is unable to communicate in anything but grunts I have yet to hear him speak after 3 months.

specialgravy

« Reply #12 on: 13-03-19, 07:38PM »
good luck victor!
i left 6 weeks ago, was a shift leader in express,the definition of a dead end job! had enough of being taken advantage of. was a great place to work 10 years ago, now its just horrible. working straight days now, early finish on a friday and take home more ££ :D life is good

NightAndDay

« Reply #13 on: 13-03-19, 07:49PM »
I left 9 months ago, progression at Tesco is a joke.

Victor

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #14 on: 14-03-19, 07:01AM »
@Victor

Bloody brilliant  :thumbup: send a copy to Dave Lewis, headed, " the real WMTY results"
Good luck in the future, you'll go far my son  :thumbup:

I'm wondering if I'll get any of my requests...  :D

We have a manager like that, I honestly believe he was raised by wolves and is unable to communicate in anything but grunts I have yet to hear him speak after 3 months.

Most of the managers aren't too bad in that sense. There are a couple that won't give you the time of the day but a lot will be nice to your face and bitch behind your back.

good luck victor!
i left 6 weeks ago, was a shift leader in express,the definition of a dead end job! had enough of being taken advantage of. was a great place to work 10 years ago, now its just horrible. working straight days now, early finish on a friday and take home more ££ :D life is good

My hourly at Tesco is £9.75 including location pay (45p). I've seen others post that their base pay is lower than mine so I'm assuming that it differs from store to store?
Anyway, the job I have now is a tiny amount less but Monday to Friday, which I'm happy with for now.

I left 9 months ago, progression at Tesco is a joke.

Unless you're willing to kiss some serious ass. Don't get me started on the laziness of team supports and managers lol

tumshie

• Global Moderator
  • Sad Muppet
  • life is not a rehearsal
« Reply #15 on: 14-03-19, 11:48AM »
Bon voyage, Victor!

Nomad

• Administrator
  • Sad Muppet
  • Who dares, wins.
« Reply #16 on: 14-03-19, 02:09PM »
Good luck to you Victor, and thank you for supporting the continuance VLH.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

stackintheshelves

« Reply #17 on: 15-03-19, 08:16AM »
good luck!! there is life after the sh1thole!!

been gone myself almost 2 years now....in a job with much less work, only 1 week of nights in 3, and coming out with about as much as a mid level line manager for being just a lackey

an_anon

« Reply #18 on: 15-03-19, 09:15AM »
I unofficially left the company when my wages were reduced in the last round of cuts to premiums. I still go in and get paid but do the bare minimum and couldn't care less about the company or the customers. Myself and a colleague who both have 15+ years experience were promised extra hours on our department when they came up to make up the shortfall, but when they did and even with agreed shifts, at the last minute they gave them to flexi new starters. No chance of extra hours or different roles within the company now unless willing to move to a flexi contract, which for some people isn't an option.

As soon as I can get a suitable role elsewhere I'll happily join the exodus. Anybody going in with a smile on their face thinking their job is safe, their income is secure or that they'll be looked after for arse-licking the company and management is kidding themselves.

« Last Edit: 15-03-19, 09:29AM by an_anon »

BakerBum

« Reply #19 on: 15-03-19, 01:49PM »
if you get wound up about working with incompetent people, tesco ain't for you.  You have to get used to it and just do your own bit and go home, the ' I don't give a  s*** attitude' is the only way you can work in this forsaken place lol it's a joke these days.  :thumbup:

NightAndDay

« Reply #20 on: 15-03-19, 10:29PM »
I really don't understand why people choose to remain at Tesco, it's the 3rd lowest paying retailer out of the supermarkets and the culture is just s***, working in most other industries will yield better pay and don't get me started on managers pay, running a shop for less than 20k a year? Somethings not right there. Do yourselves a favour and get out of retail, failing that, work at any other retailer.

Slimjim51

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #21 on: 16-03-19, 01:51AM »
I resigned from the dump that is tesco several weeks ago.Fed up with working for a  lying, spineless manager and basically a shite company in general. What a crock of s***. So, in the words of Edith Piaf Non je ne regrette rien.  >:D
Glad to be gone!

Victor

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #22 on: 16-03-19, 08:45AM »
I spent the most part of yesterday joking around, asking for a drug test, saying I was drunk and to be suspended so I can watch the six nations over the weekend. (last day was meant to be today, unitl 6pm)

So, apparently I went too far when I wrote on the whiteboard with van defects "f***ed" in the defect section.

My manager saw it and I jokingly blamed my colleague. Obviously, it wasn't him. He said he knew it was me and I said "please suspend me". (he can't he's only step-up) He went and complained to the store manager and so our old lead manager told me to go home. He's a good guy, only doing his job and one of the few I respect. Obviously, I wouldn't have done that had I not be leaving today.

Well, c'est la vie!

I'll probably pop back now and again for a laugh.

Nowanexmgr

• Regular Pain
« Reply #23 on: 17-03-19, 01:37AM »
Your manager is weak and soft.

I would have happily summarily dismissed you today, no questions asked, no references given. I've done it before when a smart Alec started wearing his big boy pants after handing in his notice. He not only lost his Tesco job but also his new job once they found out he'd been dismissed for gross misconduct.

Last seen crawling back asking for his job back. He didn't get it 🤣🤣

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #24 on: 17-03-19, 02:06AM »
what a hero!!! ??? don't think victor gives a s*** to be honest. neither would i  >:D
« Last Edit: 17-03-19, 02:09AM by lackofinterest »