Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-05-19, 04:23AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 57059
  • Total Topics: 1008
  • Online Today: 116
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 86
Total: 88

Author Topic: Could pfs be next?  (Read 8630 times)

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Re: Could pfs be next?
« Reply #25 on: 01-03-19, 05:40PM »
I don't think that anyone now believes they're untouchable, even in roles like chech-outs or dotcom they can always change or cut your hours but I think it's unfair to speculate about a particular role without any real evidence to back it up.
In Jan everyone thought managers would be cut , then it was bakeries closing . Ten when Tesco forced to make announcement it was neither and stock control and counters staff were told they'll be affected but without any real information. 
I work 10pm -7am in pfs , I don't really have any customers between midnight and 5.30am , my job is completely pointless but I was moved there due to heat map and if they close it that's fine . What I would hate is to be tuped to another company and that is why I feel it's unfair to single out departments and speculate.

Slave64

« Reply #26 on: 03-03-19, 11:13PM »
I was thinking TUPE'd after 35 years loyal service, I am still bitter.  I was never off sick, never late but got rid of without a chance of redundancy.  I am still bitter and hurt, I wish I'd been one of the bad ones always off and better thought of.

forrestgimp

• VLH Supporter
  • Smart Arse
  • Cant wait to retire when I am 110
« Reply #27 on: 04-03-19, 02:53PM »
lol, yea it sucks of course it does but doing a good job is more about your own moral compass than anything else. Dont beat yourself up you would probably not enjoyed the job enough to stay 35 years otherwise.

pfsgirl

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #28 on: 07-03-19, 10:30PM »
Hi
We found out recently that our pfs has been sold to a developer to build flats. Tesco only told us after the news became available to residents & on facebook.

Welshie

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
« Reply #29 on: 08-03-19, 12:09AM »
@pfsgirl can you give and general area this is in and if you've been told if youll be moved to store or face redundancy. 
Shocking way for you to find out , thoughts with you and your colleagues.

Penny

• VLH Supporter
  • alice
« Reply #30 on: 08-03-19, 09:22AM »
@pfsgirl that is shocking. What a disgusting way to find out. 😡

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #31 on: 08-03-19, 10:24AM »
What has happened to the much vaunted "lets talk"
So sorry to hear of such really shoddy work practices. But we shouldn't really be surprised as the petty bureaucrats up the food chain at Head Orifice still subscribe to the mantra of Knowledge is Power! >:D
Little do they know that they could be next :D >:( ;D

pfsgirl

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #32 on: 09-03-19, 03:24AM »
Outer London. Very busy pfs. Local residents very vocal about protesting but we were told land is already sold so have to wait & see what happens next.

kaled78

• Know All
« Reply #33 on: 12-03-19, 08:35PM »
some of our pfs staff have had their job code changed to general assistant replenishment,I know our backdoormen have also been altered to this,no doubt due to whole store scheduler