Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
25-03-19, 11:47PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 58911
  • Total Topics: 1091
  • Online Today: 230
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online

Author Topic: Job Code Form  (Read 4603 times)

tobybeecher

• VLH Supporter
Job Code Form
« on: 24-02-19, 06:37PM »
I was handed a job change form listing my total hours none of which have changed however my job code has been changed from W44C to W43B. i  havent signed it yet as i want to know what the job code means?

also the new job code has been highlighted as have my breaks.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
Re: Job Code Form
« Reply #1 on: 24-02-19, 07:34PM »
is your job redundant? if not then don't sign it. if your job still exists then ask them why your job code is changing ???

letmego

« Reply #2 on: 24-02-19, 08:06PM »
What is your current role?

tobybeecher

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #3 on: 24-02-19, 09:10PM »
My contract type is also put down as 'I' when everyone else’s is 'H'. I’m a price integrity operator overnight

Bobby789

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #4 on: 25-02-19, 12:00AM »
It's to do with the new store scheduler.  The wages system has to many job codes, so is being simplified to just 5 codes.  Wage clerks will be replaced by Oracle in the future.   

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #5 on: 25-02-19, 08:57AM »
C is night worker, B is twilight. I also am pi nights in W44C

Redshoes

• Know All
« Reply #6 on: 25-02-19, 09:47AM »
It's to do with the new store scheduler.  The wages system has to many job codes, so is being simplified to just 5 codes.  Wage clerks will be replaced by Oracle in the future.

Oracle is no longer in the picture but the role out to all stores of whole store schedular is ongoing.
There has been too many job codes, all stores are doing this. Our store manager has written a letter to explain this and has been attached to the forms for the people with a change.

Adywebb

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #7 on: 25-02-19, 10:41AM »
My contract type is also put down as 'I' when everyone else’s is 'H'. I’m a price integrity operator overnight
W44C is PI Operator, W43B is PI Assistant - same job and pay, perhaps part of the job code rationalisation?

H is Retail Permanent, I is 'Inclusive Contracts' whatever that means....

Speak to your wages clerk to get some clarity.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #8 on: 25-02-19, 05:39PM »
my code ends with a c but ive never been nights ???
« Last Edit: 25-02-19, 05:41PM by lackofinterest »

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #9 on: 25-02-19, 06:25PM »
my code ends with a c but ive never been nights ???
maybe I'm wrong then, I am in the only C on pi as only night person, the twilight are B. Not sure on day pi.

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #10 on: 25-02-19, 06:28PM »
Maybe everyone could post job codes and department on here for reference :)

doobit

« Reply #11 on: 26-02-19, 12:02AM »
Many job and department codes will be invalid shortly and stores were tasks with correcting these. The form should be fully filled in before you sign it, so it should have the departure or job titles. Depending how long the store has been opened for a   U

Snowbird

« Reply #12 on: 28-02-19, 08:18AM »
We have been told that we need to sign a new contract ( just done 1 in December) as there changing title from System security  to Security guard  ? On looking into this system security is where you log incidents , load files dwn load footage etc , but security guard only ment to be static at front door ( meet n greet ) does anyone else have same problem ? To me it's a job change ???  :-X

Redshoes

• Know All
« Reply #13 on: 28-02-19, 08:33AM »
If you have signed a form to change job code it will generate a new job code.

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
« Reply #14 on: 07-03-19, 03:04PM »
My job code has changed on my wage slip this month but I haven't been informed or asked to sign anything! Is this allowed? Asked a night manager but he reckoned he had no idea...

trolleyboy96

• Know All
« Reply #15 on: 07-03-19, 07:59PM »
Approx half the job codes have been removed, wage clerks / admin ast were instructed to change anyone on deleted codes to the equivalent, this included some managers. It was a non audit-able change but necessary unless you didn’t want to get paid??

The new store scheduler doesn’t recognise half the codes so they were removed from hram.

Poent

« Reply #16 on: 08-03-19, 05:11PM »
Does anyone know what job code W09B means?

tick tock

« Reply #17 on: 08-03-19, 05:32PM »
That was my job code until I checked my payslip today and it's changed to w85c.
I'm a night merchandiser.

Poent

« Reply #18 on: 08-03-19, 05:44PM »
See mine has been this since the day I started over 9 years ago and I’m on General Merchandise but I work days.  It’s only because I’ve seen several people mention that the B means night that it’s got me worried that mine's all wrong.

Blodwyn

« Reply #19 on: 09-03-19, 07:02AM »
Does anyone know what job code W09B means?
My job code is W09B & has been for the 32 years I have worked for Tesco. I originally started on twilight's Monday to Friday, but a couple of years ago changed to working two twilight shifts & two full days, but the job code has remained the same.

lackofinterest

• Sad Muppet
« Reply #20 on: 09-03-19, 12:09PM »
See mine has been this since the day I started over 9 years ago and I’m on General Merchandise but I work days.  It’s only because I’ve seen several people mention that the B means night that it’s got me worried that mine's all wrong.
B does not mean nights.  My code has ended in B for 15 years and I've never been on nights.

« Reply #21 on: 09-03-19, 04:38PM »
Approx half the job codes have been removed, wage clerks / admin ast were instructed to change anyone on deleted codes to the equivalent, this included some managers. It was a non audit-able change but necessary unless you didn’t want to get paid??

The new store scheduler doesn’t recognise half the codes so they were removed from hram.

trolleyboy96 is correct. All you need to be worried about is the final letter of the code as this determines what rate of pay you receive:
B/C Grade (no skills payment applies)
D Grade (role attracts a skills payment of 41p)
E Grade (role attracts a skills payment of 90p)
F Grade (role attracts a skills payment of £1.48)
Team Support/Shift Leader and Dotcom Delivery Team Support/Shift Leader

Spaceranger1

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #22 on: 09-03-19, 11:55PM »
To be perfectly honest, I just realised today that I really don't care what the hell my job code is, they intend to change it anyway.
Bring it on, numbnutz   

Snowbird

« Reply #23 on: 13-03-19, 03:05PM »
Our job code is W46c ( system security ) they're now wanting to change the title and code to Security guard  w28c .... title change and code ??? Not sure what there up to ..anyone else recognise these codes ? X