Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
18-09-19, 05:59AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 60729
  • Total Topics: 1068
  • Online Today: 152
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 104
Total: 106

Author Topic: What is the policy on collecting trays?  (Read 3389 times)

Glazzer

• VLH Supporter
What is the policy on collecting trays?
« on: 21-02-19, 11:46AM »
One of our big customers uses a third party distributor which delivers to them using the half sized trays you see in the produce department. These trays are labelled Tesco, there is no argument there. The problem I have is that the third party distributor never collects them and returns them to where they originated. Our drivers are forced to pick them up and I would just like a bit of clarification on what should happen? Thanks in advance.

captain

• Smart Arse
Re: What is the policy on collecting trays?
« Reply #1 on: 21-02-19, 05:48PM »
Glazzer

Don't really think it's your problem if delivery driver doesn't pick trays up as long as someone does ensuring delivery yard is kept clear reducing hasaw hazard and fire risk.
On a slight tangent we have been asked for pallets to be returned colour coded, ie red and black seperate

Glazzer

• VLH Supporter
« Reply #2 on: 22-02-19, 09:00AM »
Captain

When a delivery is done to this customer we leave the trays with them and collect the trays from the previous time. Yes, I know official policy is that we should wait for them to unload them etc. But we are still left with the problem of piles of Tesco trays of varying sizes, all mixed together and the customer demanding ‘we’ have to take back.

So, guess what happens? That’s right, muggins here spends time un-muddling the trays: then when I get back to store I have to walk around the shop depositing them to the various departments that use them.

It seems to me that whichever Tesco outlet is sending stuff to this company (which delivers to our customer), has zero tray accountability whatsoever. Is this normal practice? If it is, then I can see why so many trays go missing over time.

On your point about splitting the different colour trays down, it’s always been done like that at our store.

captain

• Smart Arse
« Reply #3 on: 23-02-19, 01:43PM »
Pallets, not trays mate to be colour coded

Antibullying

« Reply #4 on: 28-02-19, 09:35PM »
Administrator Comment Please only make the same post in one section/topic.