Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21-05-19, 03:33AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 57059
  • Total Topics: 1008
  • Online Today: 116
  • Online Ever: 826
  • (23-02-15, 06:44PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 94
Total: 98

Author Topic: Whose advice can you trust in times of possible redundancy?  (Read 7180 times)

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
Yes people can work on two different departments I do and have for some time.No an availability form is not compulsory for fixed hour non flexi Staff.Yes type canteen staff get tesco redundancy but I would not guarantee that in future if they transfer it may depend on their new position and any new contract's

Apologies...apparently more clarification needed...can you be "contracted to work on two different departments??" Rather than just work on two?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
@lucgeo,
Welcome back, I haven’t seen your posts for sometime (your posts helps a lot) and you have helped me in the past.
Good to see you back.

Aww....stop it I'm blushing  :-[ :-[ but I thank you for your post :-*

Munchkin

Yes you can be contracted on two different departments with different managers

Confused.com

I dont trust them one bit. Work nightshift on clothing and been told my job is going and there will be a meeting in 5 weeks and i will find out from that how long I have left until they make me redundant! There have been no options to complete an availabilty form, no option for staff on other dept to volunteer for redundancy which I think should be the first option b4 getting rid of staff who want to be there. So worried about my future no idea how i will feed and support my family now and tesco just dont care. If i have to go why not tell me right now and give me my money  so i can look for other jobs.

• Know All
Will any stores still have F&F night staff?

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
@confused.com

So sorry for you and everyone who are affected. They have only come out now and told you as it was leaked, and as usual, tesco have cocked up, with no real details in place and the info coming down in dribs and drabs.

The details of people who will be affected have already been collated....as good as it would be, other people cannot offer to take redundancy instead of you, as unlike factories etc...where everyone are on the same flat rate and hours, they won't pay someone who earns more than you to take redundancy in your place.

You should go into consultation in 5 weeks, whereby you will be asked to fill in an availability form. You will also be given paid time off to attend interviews etc...whilst searching for another job. If you find another job, with another company, whilst in consultation, tesco should release you earlier to take that position, if required, and still pay your redundancy.

You can apply for job seekers allowance once you have left and you can re apply for a position in tesco after six months should you wish ???

Ask for a meeting with your rep, to go through everything with them, they should be able to answer or enquire on any further questions you may have.

Jane doe

• VLH Supporter
I would also like to thank you Munchkin
For your the info you give .
The info you gave on J-14 regarding if the role
You perform is solely that role and unaffected
then are unaffected!
This completely was completely accurate !
Thank you , your advice was invaluable 😃

Antatoo

Sorry for everyone who is going through this as it's a difficult time. We have been told our jobs are at risk and had a meeting with our manager telling us roughly what will happen but we are waiting for our formal meetings and start of our official consultation period. From what was said, I thought we would be offered a choice of jobs available or redundancy, but looking at the gov.co.uk website, it says that - 'You may lose your right to statutory redundancy pay if you unreasonably turn down suitable alternative employment'. I thought I would be able to choose redundancy but, as I have lots of availability and only work a few hours, I can be easily found a position in store, so it looks like I won't get the option of redundancy even if I want it. Does anyone have any info on this?

Confused.com

Thanks lucgeo for the advice. So if I get another job during my redundancy period I can leave and still get redundancy pay? Hopefully they will get a move on with the dates then as I see job I want to apply for but not sure if I should hold off to get my money first. Could always start a new job and go off sick for a bit with tesco.

lucgeo

• VLH Supporter
  • Sad Muppet
You should certainly ask for the clarification when you go into consultation as to whether the terms remain the same as in the T/L redundancy package I.e. that during your consultation period, if you manage to secure another position, that they will release you early to start the new job and pay the redundancy package?

You would find it hard to start a new job whilst still employed at Tesco without them knowing about it, as you would need to provide your new employer with your P45 and N.I. Number.

Tesno

Will any stores still have F&F night staff?
Our store is keeping the 1 night member we have for f&f. A store 3 miles down the road had lost theirs.  All very store specific.

• Know All
Thanks Tesno but 1 night member  :o

StinkyPoo

• VLH Supporter
  • Regular Pain
We only have 1 full time f&f, and 1 part time on nights in our store. They have not heard or been told anything.

Confused.com

It's just a hard time for everyone.  I appreciate the advice everyone had given me so far. I just wonder when the heat-map comes down will they be moving staff around i.e. to different hours to ensure the hours are where they are meant to be and can the store decide to over staff one area and sacrifice another? i.e. more hours into days and take them from nights budget?